Sponsored by:

Just got back from NY Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 03:01 PM
NY1180-b
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got back from NY Auto Show

Just got back from the show in NY . They have the cyber gray coupe, night race blue vert and the red coupe on the wall. Could not get any seat time, wish I would have got there before 10am. My opinion is the car is striking in person, it has that presence about it. The car flows front to rear nicely.
Personally I prefer the coupe but both are nice. The interior looks good, but as I said ..could not get any seat time to touch the surfaces. I was able to touch the inner door and the materials feel better attached to the door than the c6. The vert had the leather and suede interior in brown which in my opinion looked very nice and upscale. The coupe had the lighter tan interior but photos make it look orange..in person it does not look orange and looked good.
Wheel gap looked good to me on both. I like the rear and it is not busy at all. The side vents on the rear quarter panel are nice and you have to see them in person. They channel down into the car and have good flow.
Overall the car in my opinion just went upscale in a big way... Good or bad it makes the C6 look dated. It doesn't look like a 50k car anymore like the C6 does. Personally if the interior materials are up to spec and is put together well it should be a 70k car. Big thumbs up from my 9 year old son also
Old 03-29-2013, 03:06 PM
ldepalma
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks awesome in person and pics don't capture all of the fine details for sure...
Old 03-29-2013, 03:51 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by NY1180-b
Just got back from the show in NY . They have the cyber gray coupe, night race blue vert and the red coupe on the wall. Could not get any seat time, wish I would have got there before 10am. My opinion is the car is striking in person, it has that presence about it. The car flows front to rear nicely.
Personally I prefer the coupe but both are nice. The interior looks good, but as I said ..could not get any seat time to touch the surfaces. I was able to touch the inner door and the materials feel better attached to the door than the c6. The vert had the leather and suede interior in brown which in my opinion looked very nice and upscale. The coupe had the lighter tan interior but photos make it look orange..in person it does not look orange and looked good.
Wheel gap looked good to me on both. I like the rear and it is not busy at all. The side vents on the rear quarter panel are nice and you have to see them in person. They channel down into the car and have good flow.
Overall the car in my opinion just went upscale in a big way... Good or bad it makes the C6 look dated. It doesn't look like a 50k car anymore like the C6 does. Personally if the interior materials are up to spec and is put together well it should be a 70k car. Big thumbs up from my 9 year old son also
Thanks for the comments. It seems most that have seen it in person, had a very favorable impression. Good job.

Too bad you couldn't get any seat time though.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Thanks for your impressions. I am headed to NY next Friday. Happy about being on the buy list..
Old 03-29-2013, 03:57 PM
Blackdevil77
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So wait... your saying if you get their before 10am, you can get some seat time!?
Old 03-29-2013, 04:02 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

It opens at 10 but I heard they are letting peons sit in the car. Who woulda thought
Old 03-29-2013, 04:08 PM
Richie Fazio
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm heading there now. I will let u guys know
Old 03-29-2013, 04:40 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

I will say the same thing to you that all the people who don't like the C7 say to people who see it and don't like it... thank you for the honest and unbiased review and comments!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:01 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by gthal
I will say the same thing to you that all the people who don't like the C7 say to people who see it and don't like it... thank you for the honest and unbiased review and comments!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:03 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

good review. very interesting, too. thanks!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:14 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by petermj
Is this a coincidence that so many who joined this forum in or after January 2013 start out by posting favorable visual evaluation of C7 and commits to buy it? Very interesting....
Maybe it's the next generation of Corvette owners coming forward. A changing of the guard so to speak

As I have said myself, Vette's held no appeal to me until the C7. I'm sure it is the same for others. Besides, it isn't a conspiracy to garner support for the C7 but I'm sure those who dislike the car will now try to turn it into that
Old 03-29-2013, 05:46 PM
NY1180-b
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Blackdevil77
So wait... your saying if you get their before 10am, you can get some seat time!?
No they are not letting people get seat time.. But I know a few people who work there and if my son could have been ready on time I would have got in the car. It looks really good but my final opinion on the interior will have to be reserved until then.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:19 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

OP, I appreciate your overall review of the car, but tell me what you think about the vents next to the tail lights. Do they look correct to you?
Old 03-29-2013, 08:24 PM
haveblue
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OP, I appreciate your write up. I need to see this car in person soon! No auto shows of any magnitude here in San Antonio, so I will have to wait until they hit the dealer lots.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:36 PM
NY1180-b
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AORoads
OP, I appreciate your overall review of the car, but tell me what you think about the vents next to the tail lights. Do they look correct to you?
I personally don't have a problem with them. When you see the car in person and look at the rear..they are not big at all. Now that was the C7 in cyber gray which looked really good. I'm not sure if the darker shades mask the size somewhat. I assume they are tied in to the inlets on the rear quarter panels for the air to escape after cooling. The shape of the vents and the tail lights flow together well. I personally don't think they overdid it. My main concern of this car and any car I look at is the quality of materials and the overall assembly of the vehicle. For me personally that's paramount.
For example Chevrolet had a camaro display downstairs at the show and the door panels were plastic garbage with so much flex to them.. The build quality of the new CTS was impressive...look like an E-class in side profile..don't know if that is good or bad to some.
Definately get out and see one in person to make your judgements.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:43 PM
NY1180-b
Intermediate

Originally Posted by haveblue
OP, I appreciate your write up. I need to see this car in person soon! No auto shows of any magnitude here in San Antonio, so I will have to wait until they hit the dealer lots.

Yeah I hear you.. We will have to see the reviews.. My biggest problem is seeing this car at the local Chevy dealer. It's really sophisticated looking and will be lost in the showrooms. I know others have the same sentiments . They need to get this car at Cadillac dealerships somehow. The car is too up scale now.. That is not a knock on Chevy either.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:32 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Default Enough

The constant bickering, whining moaning, bashing and name calling needs to end. Cleaning up this section and thread after thread is getting old. If you cannot come in here and behave like adults I can arrange for a break.

Get notified of new replies

To Just got back from NY Auto Show

Quick Reply: Just got back from NY Auto Show