Sponsored by:

Question for Cyber Gray Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 08:19 PM
ldepalma
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Question for Cyber Gray Owners

I currently have a C6 VY coupe. I am getting a C7 and have never owned a gray car in my life. It's always been Torch Red, VY, White or Blue.

I have only seen the C7 CG indoors personally. I've seen pics outside but that's where my problem is. To me the Cyber Gray on the C7 or the C6 for that matter, doesn't pop in sunlight. Is it me or that's just the way the color is? The VY on the C7 pops and looks exotic but at the same time it looks like a boy racer car. I've never had a problem with color choices until now. Either way of VY or CG will have Jet Black interior so that's an easy one. Thanks for your help!!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:29 PM
BPHORSEGUY
Melting Slicks

Location: SUFFIELD CT USA 2023 C8 CORVETTE UN-MODIFIED FINALIST
Received 653 Likes on 351 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Cyber grey is gorgeous period, end of story!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:33 PM
GTFD2
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 143 Posts

My wife has a CG Trail Blazer and is ordering a CG Convertible. She loves the CG and will settle for nothing less.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:37 PM
harley2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,339 Likes on 590 Posts

I have always gone with the Mag Red (2 C5's) & CRM (2 C6's)!!

I've been tempted to go again with the CRM!! But!!

Time for a change, I'm 99% done on the CG with red int!

I've also always had polished/chrome!

Now thinking CG, red inter ion, red calipers & black rims!!

Light tint on the windows!!

I'm going to Bowling Green thursday, hopefully seen enough to firm up choices!!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:45 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

I understand, I have had 5 red and 4 black Vettes. This is my first Cyber Gray, I was ready for a change too. I am happy with it, I think it's looks real good at night too.
Here is a picture I took last weekend out in the sun.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:47 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

In the sunlight, Cyber Gray is great! There is blue flake in the cyber gray (among other shades of gray or silver) which gives it dimension and makes it very unique. It has a different appearance in different lighting and really has some personality, especially in the sunlight. It's not just another gray, that's for sure. I love my CG Z06. It's my favorite colors on the C6.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Magister Ludi
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Color selection is so subjective that it's hard to say whether it will work for you or not.

In my opinion, Cyber Gray doesn't quite pop the same way that bright colors do; that is, with dramatic contrast. But it does "pop" in another way. The metallic finish has a depth that many other colors don't have and there is a hint of blue in there that adds complexity. You really need to see it in the sunshine. It manages to be a sophisticated color w/o being boring.

When I went looking at C6's, they had white, black, red, yellow & CG all next to each other. It wasn't even close for me...I'm going w/ CG.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:51 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by slief
In the sunlight, Cyber Gray is great! There is blue flake in the cyber gray (among other shades of gray or silver) which gives it dimension and makes it very unique. It has a different appearance in different lighting and really has some personality, especially in the sunlight. It's not just another gray, that's for sure. I love my CG Z06. It's my favorite colors on the C6.
This is a very good description
Old 04-23-2013, 09:00 PM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

My brother purchased a new Nissan Z in gray and I thought it was a good choice until I parked my cyber gray next to it. Made his gray unappealing. C.G. will def. "pop" as you say but it must be clean. By far the richest gray ever created in my opinion.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:17 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Cyber Gray Metallic is best in sunlight. The blue metal bits really make it sparkle.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:32 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

I had a CG Z06 for three and a half years. What I liked is that it was a "serious" color that to me made it look like it was bought by someone very secure and not saying "look at me". I've had two red Corvettes, two yellow and two silver. Truth is I like them all, I just like to change things up from time to time.

To answer the question, it depends upon what you want. To me it does not "pop", but it draws a lot of admiring comments in a mature sort of way.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:14 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

I think Cyber Grey pops pretty good in the sun. Not as "in your face" as some of the brighter colors but still draws attention.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:19 PM
GordyRay
VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 111 Likes on 62 Posts

Default CG does pop in the sun...the blue flak is awesome

Just keep it clean and the cyber gray is gorgeous. I have had white, black and two different reds, (MR and Torch RED). I like the CG best.
I get more compliments now on my 427 than any Corvette so far.
Cheers,
Fuze

Old 04-24-2013, 08:52 AM
ldepalma
Burning Brakes

Thanks everyone for your honest opinions and great pics. I will be deciding soon.....
Old 04-24-2013, 10:01 AM
davanz
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts

I'll give my input. My C6 is LMB, and with the chrome wheels I think it is a color that "pops" to use you expression. It really looks great especially in the sunlight.

By comparison my wife has a Cadillac CTS in Thunder Gray which is very close to Cyber Gray. No it doesnt "pop" as other colors do but in my mind it has a beautiful, classy look and has the advantage of not showing dust and road grime between washings as much as other colors.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Cliff358
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BERETTA
I understand, I have had 5 red and 4 black Vettes. This is my first Cyber Gray, I was ready for a change too. I am happy with it, I think it's looks real good at night too.
Here is a picture I took last weekend out in the sun.

That looks great. The tint doesn't look stock though. What percent did you get put on it?
Old 04-24-2013, 10:31 AM
ldepalma
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by davanz
I'll give my input. My C6 is LMB, and with the chrome wheels I think it is a color that "pops" to use you expression. It really looks great especially in the sunlight.

By comparison my wife has a Cadillac CTS in Thunder Gray which is very close to Cyber Gray. No it doesnt "pop" as other colors do but in my mind it has a beautiful, classy look and has the advantage of not showing dust and road grime between washings as much as other colors.
Yep, that is the dilemma. Elegant or Exotic has been quoted many times. The first one seems CG and the last one is TR, NRB, CRM and VY. If I hadn't seen the CG in person I wouldn't of thought about it. It looks WOW under lights indoors. Outdoors I haven't seen any in SoCa. Mostly VY, TR or Black.

The thing is, I would hate to buy a $65k car and NOT like the color after I buy it. If it was a iPhone I could always take it back and exchange it!!

Get notified of new replies

To Question for Cyber Gray Owners

Old 04-24-2013, 10:59 AM
VADanno
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was hoping the CG would blend in with tarmac at long range...more of a stealth mode for keeping as low a profile as a Corvette can. I'm also thinking Night Race Blue has a similar depth to the color. I hope Bowling Green has some big samples of all the colors...hopefully on C7's! Looks like rain is in the forecast...at least we already know the cars won't melt.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:13 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

In the proper light, the metallic in Cyber Gray really stands out. To me, the various colors give it a unique look; very different than any other gray I've seen. I had DSOM and BS C6's and CG is definitely my favorite of the three. Good luck with your choice.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:25 AM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,939 Likes on 1,185 Posts

Default It looks GREAT!

Here are pics I took of the CG C7 outdoors at Amelia in early March. It looks great, and yes, it does "pop" in the sunlight!

Attached Images     

Quick Reply: Question for Cyber Gray Owners