C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What options are worth the money?

Old 04-30-2013, 10:34 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

I'm going with: manual transmission, Convertible, 2LT, Z51, Magnetic Ride, Navigation. Won't get premium paint, NPP. Was going with a Museum Delivery, but it got priced beyond my desirability
Old 04-30-2013, 10:47 AM
Hot Rod Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Some may not see the value in NPP, but having quiet or loud when you want it is a nice feature. And it is not any more expensive than aftermarket options (unless you count the swap out - resale type deal).

My current car has Long tube headers, no cats, through the stock NPP mufflers. When they are open it is an awesome sound (too loud for anything but the track really). It will be nice to have the ability to select open or closed without the need for an aftermarket switch or fob.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Jeff W
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Racer X
Not an option I would add, but I think it is a really cool option. Does any other manufacturer offer this yet (I see it coming if not). You could actually name your car! You could have the VIN end in "Christine", or "MACHV". Forget vanity plates, they are nothing compared to this, or you could get a VIN to match your plate.

Everybody complains you can get anything on a Porsche, but the Corvette doesn't really offer custom options. Porsche charges outrageous prices for painted trim. This option gets your customization recorded in public records FOREVER.

This has zero bang for the buck value, but for the person that has everything, this is a must have option. Heck they pay $100,000 or more for a special plate in England. $5000 is nothing compared to that.
If I heard correctly in the video w/Tadge & Harlan from the Bash, a lot of the money spent on this option goes to the NCM.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Aaron Keating
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1LT
Z51
MRSC.
7 speed manual.

Yes I do want a Stripper Corvette. Infact I think I should have the option for roll up manual windows, and non powered seats, and door locks to go with it. I know that won't happen, but I'm going to do my best to keep the weight down.

Black, or Machine faced wheels for mine. No chrome. It just doesn't really work on a modern car that has modern aggressive styling.

Exhaust I'll likely be going to some kind of aftermarket pipes anyway. The C6 had a marvelous sound with dual mode at WOT true... but I also want to hear that muscle under the hood at idle too. And that's something the C6 definitely did not have.

I don't think the Competition seats are an option on 1LT trim but if they are, I want those too. IF they are not Fat Man Friendly, like C5 and C6 seats are. That's seriously one of my biggest gripes about C5 and C6 seats, during hard cornering I can still flop around in them like a fish out of water. It was one of the biggest reasons I didn't buy a C5 instead of picking up a C4. The C4's cockpit is just that... a **** pit and everything wraps around you. I enjoy the feeling, and I feel more secure on stock seats.

Last edited by Aaron Keating; 04-30-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Matt26
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaron Keating
1LT
Z51
MRSC.
7 speed manual.

Yes I do want a Stripper Corvette. Infact I think I should have the option for roll up manual windows, and non powered seats, and door locks to go with it. I know that won't happen, but I'm going to do my best to keep the weight down.

Black, or Machine faced wheels for mine. No chrome. It just doesn't really work on a modern car that has modern aggressive styling.

Exhaust I'll likely be going to some kind of aftermarket pipes anyway. The C6 had a marvelous sound with dual mode at WOT true... but I also want to hear that muscle under the hood at idle too. And that's something the C6 definitely did not have.

I don't think the Competition seats are an option on 1LT trim but if they are, I want those too. IF they are not Fat Man Friendly, like C5 and C6 seats are. That's seriously one of my biggest gripes about C5 and C6 seats, during hard cornering I can still flop around in them like a fish out of water. It was one of the biggest reasons I didn't buy a C5 instead of picking up a C4. The C4's cockpit is just that... a **** pit and everything wraps around you. I enjoy the feeling, and I feel more secure on stock seats.
You can get the competition seats on a 1LT. I believe you can even get the competition seats with suede inserts on the 1LT.

You cannot get the suede inserts on the 1LT GT Seat. Have to go to 2LT for that.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Aaron Keating
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt26
You can get the competition seats on a 1LT. I believe you can even get the competition seats with suede inserts on the 1LT.

You cannot get the suede inserts on the 1LT GT Seat. Have to go to 2LT for that.
Awesome. Hopefully they aren't Fatty Friendly seats.

I already have the name picked out for my Stripper C7... Candi.. (yes with an I )

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What options are worth the money?