C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The best to experience the C7 to date!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 10:51 PM
ed1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by george vee
Thanks for posting.
You saved me 2k since I won't be getting the upper micro fiber and the CF dash.
You're welcome, lol.
Finding these links saved me $995 because I think I am going to skip the upper micro fiber as well but I am going to stick with the CF dash trim.

After watching every video from the NCM bash they have answered all my question.

Just need to know the finally HP and TQ not that its going to stop me from buying, lol.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:53 PM
ed1
Instructor

Thanks for posting.

This saved me 1k because I am going to skip the upper micro fiber but I'm keeping the CF dash.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:55 PM
cmdrwill
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for posting.
Thanks, I wont be getting the Micro fiber ether. Seams it will be hard to keep clean over the years. I will b getting the carbon fiber.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:56 PM
branmin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
It's the 3LT (top level) interior. I can assure you that there's nothing cheap or fake in it. This interior can compete with those found in cars costing twice as much. It's first rate.

I agree with you and others, cant really comment until I have actually seen the interior of the car but on this pic, if this is the top level(3LT) and its costing an extra 8K more, slightly concerned particularly with the carbon fiber and for my taste there is still too much black on the dash and the sides. Perhaps I am just expecting too much?
Old 05-02-2013, 11:01 PM
cmdrwill
Racer

Originally Posted by Gadfly
so that is the base trim right? the 2lt and 3lt trims will not be so cheap and plasticy?

That fake carbon fiber is terrible, the non-wrapped portions of the all plastic dash is terrible, the plastic fake chrome around the gauge cluster is really terrible, the plastics around the screen and the HVAC/Stereo controls look like they are borrowed from the sonic and thus is terrible...

Thought the interior was supposed to use better materials and not so much cheapo plastic?
Hav'ent you read and heard every where about this C7; "if you see Carbon Fiber, it is real Carbon Fiber"
Old 05-02-2013, 11:05 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by cmdrwill
Hav'ent you read and heard every where about this C7; "if you see Carbon Fiber, it is real Carbon Fiber"
You mean real "cheap" Carbon Fiber!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:13 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,831 Likes on 659 Posts

It's the 3LT (top level) interior. I can assure you that there's nothing cheap or fake in it. This interior can compete with those found in cars costing twice as much. It's first rate.
I'm sorry, but you can't honestly say that it looks like the interior of a $100k car. Yes, it's an improvement over previous generation 'Vettes, but it still has way too much exposed plastic and cheap looking materials IMHO.

Here's a perfect example of a high quality interior you can get for $70k(which is about the same price as a fully loaded 3LT C7):

Old 05-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Rob 99
I'm "Apache" a psycho dog
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Dif
I like the C7 but, the view out the back window sure looks limited
Maybe it's not as bad as it looks, but it's worse than I thought it would be
Thanks for posting
Originally Posted by BMadden
No, it's really that bad. Only way they could have made it smaller was to just put a porthole back there.
kinda like looking through a tunnel,
Anyone with experience with B/U cameras does it angle left and right or is the camera focused straight?
or better put does it have a certain 'degree' of angle left/right?
Thanks.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:21 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,431 Likes on 2,268 Posts

Rob, don't know if C7 will work the same, but the BU camera in my wifes new Enclave shows where you're turning and dispays a dotted line curved path on the screen coinciding with how you're turning.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:22 PM
cmdrwill
Racer

Originally Posted by sam90lx
You mean real "cheap" Carbon Fiber!
Maybe. I notice it doesnt have the luster of the Roof lets say.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:27 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Default Cool

Originally Posted by ed1
I don't think this has been posted before but it may help answer some questions.

Interior
http://www.360revo.com/stingraymobile/

Exterior
http://www.360revo.com/stingraymobileext/

It really helps you visually what you are getting, specially with the suede upper wrap for $995.

Also can so zoom for a up close shot. This tool is awesome!

Thanks
Old 05-02-2013, 11:28 PM
cmdrwill
Racer

[QUOTE=BMadden;1583801341]I'm sorry, but you can't honestly say that it looks like the interior of a $100k car. Yes, it's an improvement over previous generation 'Vettes, but it still has way too much exposed plastic and cheap looking materials IMHO.

Here's a perfect example of a high quality interior you can get for $70k(which is about the same price as a fully loaded 3LT C7):

Good looking is in the EYE of the beholder. All black dash to me is boring. But not for some, thats why they exist.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:47 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

[QUOTE=cmdrwill;1583801441]
I'm sorry, but you can't honestly say that it looks like the interior of a $100k car. Yes, it's an improvement over previous generation 'Vettes, but it still has way too much exposed plastic and cheap looking materials IMHO.

Good looking is in the EYE of the beholder. All black dash to me is boring. But not for some, thats why they exist.
To be fair, I was referring to the WHOLE interior and not just the dash. I don't think there's any way you can compare the interior of the C7 to the Audi and come to the conclusion that the C7 is a more high end cockpit. I'm a 'Vette fan to the core, but even I am objective enough to see that.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:48 PM
ed1
Instructor

Everybody do realize that EVERYTHING in the 3LT pack is wrapped in leather, covered with carbon fiber, or is aluminum. The entire dash is leather wrapped, the doorpanels and the center console. The ONLY plastic is by the drink holders and the door pockets at the base of the door.

And lets not forget that these are pre production pictures! I think once we see it in person it is going to be on par with 100k cars.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:49 PM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,463 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Hopefully the backup camera will have a wide lens (with a touch of fish-eye feel) like my other cars', so it will let us see the whole back when parking. However, the camera will not help you when you're driving, and that's a but concerning, especially if the side mirrors also get obscured by the sides of the car (which I don't know; yet to see the car in person).
Old 05-02-2013, 11:54 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

[QUOTE=BMadden;1583801537]
Originally Posted by cmdrwill

To be fair, I was referring to the WHOLE interior and not just the dash. I don't think there's any way you can compare the interior of the C7 to the Audi and come to the conclusion that the C7 is a more high end cockpit. I'm a 'Vette fan to the core, but even I am objective enough to see that.
Have you seen the C7 3LT interior in person? I have and I stand by my original statement.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:57 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Nope, I haven't seen it in person, but I've seen enough pics to tell me that it still doesn't look as good as the interior I posted above. We'll just have to disagree.

Get notified of new replies

To The best to experience the C7 to date!!!

Old 05-03-2013, 12:06 AM
ed1
Instructor

Nope, I haven't seen it in person, but I've seen enough pics to tell me that it still doesn't look as good as the interior I posted above. We'll just have to disagree.
I'll agree that your picture is a better photo. I am still waiting on GM to do a photo opt of the interior. So far it has just been people with cameras standing at distance zoomed in. Honestly I don't think the interior is 100% complete.

The link in this thread is designed to give people an ideal of what the interior and exterior will feel like using a 360 view. This should not be used to judge the quality of materials used.

PS I do like the way the CF comes down the center console in your pic. Maybe GM will add this option some time in the future. However the same plastic pieces I see in your picture is the same pieces I see in the C7. Cup holders and bottom of the doors.

Last edited by ed1; 05-03-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:11 AM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,463 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Looks pretty good to me:
Old 05-03-2013, 12:24 AM
BMadden
Safety Car

There's no arguing that it's a big improvement over past 'Vette interiors, but I still don't think it looks as "high end" as what you get in other cars.

Quick Reply: The best to experience the C7 to date!!!