C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The best to experience the C7 to date!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 12:27 AM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by BMadden
There's no arguing that it's a big improvement over past 'Vette interiors, but I still don't think it looks as "high end" as what you get in other cars.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:42 AM
LS6GXP
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sam90lx

Have you seen it in person? Just curious...
Old 05-03-2013, 12:49 AM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6GXP
Have you seen it in person? Just curious...
Yep!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:00 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

[QUOTE=mpuzach;1583801575]
Have you seen the C7 3LT interior in person? I have and I stand by my original statement.

I think the C7 dash layout looks really "fussy" and not well organized. But, the appearance and finish I imagine is a vast improvement.

I still think they have too many bean counters or engineers involved in some of the details. It looks like 3 people designed it.

And, I'm sorry, the playstation graphics on the front screen just reek of Dodge Dart, not serious sports car.

I'll buy the car but it's not up to top standards yet. Better, but not best.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:01 AM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,066 Likes on 2,073 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Ozer

Looks pretty good to me:

I agree ... it looks damned good!

Except, I don't like the steering wheel for some reason. Maybe just the center section shape. Kinda reminds me of the shape of those alien spaceships from the 1953 movie "War of the Worlds" ... The outer part of the wheel is very nice.

Maybe I am losing my mind!

Just a mute point, but I like the metal emblems on the C7 seats a lot better than the embroidered headrest Corvette cross-flags logos on my 2011 GS ... Classy

Last edited by Turbo6TA; 05-03-2013 at 01:16 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:13 AM
LS6GXP
Racer

I think the steering wheel could use a leather wrapped center
I know the C6 guys had a couple of vendors do complete steering wheels..
Old 05-03-2013, 01:20 AM
Gadfly
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
I agree ... it looks damned good!
That is a render, not a photograph. In the 360 you can see the cheap plastics, and yes, the fake chrome (chrome paint on plastic is not real chrome.); That is real carbon fiber, or carbon overlay, or what? It reminds me of the faux carbon "hydrodip" parts.

I found the plastics in the center console, and around the screen and controls, and the steering wheel to be the worst. I am hoping the main dash looks better in person, because it looks bad in the surround image. Is it wrapped or just plastic?

All that said the seats look fantastic... That said I wonder how bad the base interior will be...

All the silver "metalized" plastic reminds me of my wife's old Altima.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:28 AM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,022 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadfly
That is a render, not a photograph. In the 360 you can see the cheap plastics, and yes, the fake chrome (chrome paint on plastic is not real chrome.); That is real carbon fiber, or carbon overlay, or what? It reminds me of the faux carbon "hydrodip" parts.

I found the plastics in the center console, and around the screen and controls, and the steering wheel to be the worst. I am hoping the main dash looks better in person, because it looks bad in the surround image. Is it wrapped or just plastic?

All that said the seats look fantastic... That said I wonder how bad the base interior will be...

All the silver "metalized" plastic reminds me of my wife's old Altima.
Certainly looks enhanced (lighting, etc.), just like the Audi pic shared, but it's not a rendering.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:32 AM
Gadfly
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozer
Certainly looks enhanced (lighting, etc.), just like the Audi pic shared, but it's not a rendering.
It is a render, or at best a render overlay.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:36 AM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,831 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadfly

I found the plastics in the center console, and around the screen and controls, and the steering wheel to be the worst.
That's what really stood out to me too and the reason I said it wasn't quite "high end".

For a long time leading up to the release of the C7 they said that they were targeting Audi as the benchmark for the interior and I think when you look at the picture of the RS5 interior I showed on the last page the 'Vette is not on that level even with the 3LT option.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:00 AM
Trackaholic
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 69 Posts

Overall the C7 interior looks like a vast improvement to me, although I never had a real problem with the C6 interior.

There are a couple weak spots with the C7, most of which have been mentioned already:
-The flow is a little strange
-The plastics on the center console and dash don't look that great (I might even spring for the CF dash)
-The volume and screen controls on the radio look like afterthoughts
-The "stingray" steering wheel shape is a bit gimmicky

Still, I'm not terribly impressed with the Audi interior either. I haven't sat in one since 2008 when I was looking at family trucksters (ended with a Volvo V70, which IMO has a very, very nice interior, and much better than the Audi and BMW interiors from that era IMO), so maybe they have improved since then, but the layout is very similar to what I remember sitting in at the time.

I also have a GTI, which is praised for having a nice interior, and for the most part that is true, however there are still many places that feel cheap, look cheap, and were obvious victims of cost cutting or poor testing. So, even the well reviewed cars have their issues.

Anyhow, I think the C7 plastics on the dash and console will be a bit poor. I think the CF dash will be a decent way to go, but I wish it was $300 more and also covered the center console. I think overall the interior will not hold the car back much, as it will be "good enough" to prevent someone interested in the car from choosing something else due to a bad interior.
Looking forward to seeing one in person.

-T

Last edited by Trackaholic; 05-03-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:52 AM
Gmumd48
Racer

Default It is not a $100K car and then I would have to drive an Audi

Saw the convertable at Geneva, Interior is very nice in person. Even the Guys from other companies were complementing it

Yes that includes People from Porsche and Audi

I'm sorry, but you can't honestly say that it looks like the interior of a $100k car. Yes, it's an improvement over previous generation 'Vettes, but it still has way too much exposed plastic and cheap looking materials IMHO.

Here's a perfect example of a high quality interior you can get for $70k(which is about the same price as a fully loaded 3LT C7):

Old 05-03-2013, 06:12 AM
Rob 99
I'm "Apache" a psycho dog
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by OnPoint
Rob, don't know if C7 will work the same, but the BU camera in my wifes new Enclave shows where you're turning and dispays a dotted line curved path on the screen coinciding with how you're turning.
ok hopefully it will be as you described or similar,
thanks for the reply.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:19 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

I'm sorry, but you can't honestly say that it looks like the interior of a $100k car. Yes, it's an improvement over previous generation 'Vettes, but it still has way too much exposed plastic and cheap looking materials IMHO.

Here's a perfect example of a high quality interior you can get for $70k(which is about the same price as a fully loaded 3LT C7):

Looks pretty similar to a 2004 Bonneville. Red led's. But they got the driver on the wrong side.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:32 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

I am not really sure how I feel about the suede wrap around the A and B pillers. Does anyone else think these will just look dirty all the time with dust collecting on them? In addition, fade easily with constant exposure to the sun?

Quick Reply: The best to experience the C7 to date!!!