Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holy Crap There Is NO Rear Visibility At All In The Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Footman
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You do realize that this is a 360 shot of the car with a distorted angle view.. it's not accurate of what you will see undistorted when you are sitting in the car.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:10 PM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

Holy Crap, another goofy thread

Anyone who knows anything about photography also knows how much a wide angle lens can distort perspective. Do you really think the blond behind the car could comfortably slide through the harness opening on either side of the seat top? The photo makes it look that way. Given this do you now also buy that this is truly what it looks like from the driver's perspective?

Wide angle lens are extremely useful but the perspective is anything but normal in a case like this where it is used to provide a very wide field of view with foreground objects so close to the lens.

I agree with the pillar blind spot issue and that is an annoyance in many cars. With my 2nd generation CTS it is noticeable when backing out of a parking space into a busy street since the butt of the car is entering the street while the side view is severely compromised by the pillar. To that extent I love the view from my 3/4 ton crew cab GMC but it doesn't handle the curves like the CTS.

And to the original poster, you might want to seek treatment for the severe case of cognitive dissonance you apparently are suffering after purchase The C6 is and always will be a great generation of the Corvette but time and technology march ever onward.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:13 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
Torch2013 C6.

Here is a link showing all the threads he has started in the C7 section. The number of those that have been closed is ridiculous. Yet he is allowed to continue.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sear...rchid=35502352

I agree - he has been busy, busy, busy posting on the Forum - I have called attention to that directly to him. Though his volume sometimes gets me a bit, he is entitled. What I think is unacceptable, or at the least unattractive, is all his negativity on the C7 forum. Every little thing about the car is a worry, concern, wrong, etc. Apparently he loves to stir the pot - and we are too animated and sensitive to simply ignore his
controversial banter.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:14 PM
2K3Z06
Burning Brakes

Location: KADS- If it has wings or an engine, I can break it. Dallas TX
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Torch2013c6 is a jack ***.

He just bought an obsolete C6, now he's trying to make himself feel better.

You love your obsolete C6 so much, go post in the C6 section. The C7 is not the car for you.

You screwed yourself buying a new obsolete car................... just deal with it.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:17 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by NSC5

And to the original poster, you might want to seek treatment for the severe case of cognitive dissonance you apparently are suffering after purchase The C6 is and always will be a great generation of the Corvette but time and technology march ever onward.

Damm - I wish I woulda said that . . . nicely played Sir
Old 05-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

@ 2k3z06, you're the jack ***! You are criticizing everyone who owns a C6 when you make that statement! I guess everyone who buys a brand new C6 is getting screwed according to your logic, what a stupid philosophy.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:26 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
@ 2k3z06, you're the jack ***! You are criticizing everyone who owns a C6 when you make that statement! I guess everyone who buys a brand new C6 is getting screwed according to your logic, what a stupid philosophy.

Come on Big Dan 427 - chill. This thread is wacky both in that it is started by a C7 'adversary' and that the interior view shown is based on a 360 degree highly distorted camera view. It's not worth getting your jimmies rustled - there are bigger fish to fry
Old 05-02-2013, 01:30 PM
ArcticC7
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
Come on Big Dan 427 - chill. This thread is wacky both in that it is started by a C7 'adversary' and that the interior view shown is based on a 360 degree highly distorted camera view. It's not worth getting your jimmies rustled - there are bigger fish to fry
Face it there is VERY LIMITED rearward visibility in the C7 Whats wrong with pointing this out? If you don't like seeing the truth then just don't read my threads.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

For the life of me I don't understand why C6 "lovers"/ C7 "haters" even post in this section.

Isn't there enough to talk about where with your brethren?

People here want to discuss their future purchase without being hassled.

Is that too much to ask?
Old 05-02-2013, 01:32 PM
ArcticC7
Drifting

Originally Posted by Sin City
For the life of me I don't understand why C6 "lovers"/ C7 "haters" even post in this section.

Isn't there enough to talk about where with your brethren?

People here want to discuss their future purchase without being hassled.

Is that too much to ask?
This is a section to discuss the C7 not someone's future purchase. I could care less about who is buying or not. This is a section to discuss all aspects of the car good or bad as I see it.

Last edited by ArcticC7; 05-02-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Hey Mike, I hear you but in the same breath it does hold water. I personally haven't seen that point of view and found it interesting, the personal attacks did not need to be present. I have no idea who torch is, for that matter I have no idea who anyone on here is. Maybe he is an "adversary", maybe he is an idiot but the thread shows a good point, that's all I'm saying. Now I have to get back to my Tilapia!
Old 05-02-2013, 01:36 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
Hey Mike, I hear you but in the same breath it does hold water. I personally haven't seen that point of view and found it interesting, the personal attacks did not need to be present. I have no idea who torch is, for that matter I have no idea who anyone on here is. Maybe he is an "adversary", maybe he is an idiot but the thread shows a good point, that's all I'm saying. Now I have to get back to my Tilapia!

Now you're just being downright hateful
Old 05-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

LOL Mike! Filters here so I have no way to thumbs up you, but thumbs up!!
Old 05-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Torch2013C6
This is a section to discuss the C7 not someone's future purchase. I could care less about who is buying or not. This is a section to discuss all aspects of the car good or bad as I see it.
Wow I'm sorry. I thought it was for some to disparage and humiliate others in one giant ego trip.

I thought it was a car forum. Turns out its a psyche experiment.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Footman
You do realize that this is a 360 shot of the car with a distorted angle view.. it's not accurate of what you will see undistorted when you are sitting in the car.
This ^^^^^ .............

The OP is trying to find anything to crap on the C7......

The OP sounds desperate

The OP is still trying to justify his purchase........to himself

Try to enjoy your new C6 OP

......If you keep comparing it to the C7 you will keep falling into the DARKNESS

Last edited by Hemi Dave; 05-02-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:45 PM
ArcticC7
Drifting

Originally Posted by Hemi Dave
This ^^^^^ .............

The OP is trying to find anything to disparage the C7......

The OP sounds desperate
And You Own What Kind of Corvette? The desperate are the wannabe owners as I see it. I have owned 21 Corvettes in the past 25 years including the current 2013 model year. Again the one you drive is?

Last edited by ArcticC7; 05-02-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

And You Own What Kind of Corvette? The desperate are the wannabe be owners as I see it. I have owned 21 Corvettes in the past 25 years including the current 2013 model year. Again the one you drive is?
....My C7 has been ordered already....Do you want to know the options I picked and color?????

Get notified of new replies

To Holy Crap There Is NO Rear Visibility At All In The Coupe

Old 05-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Hard to knock a guy who has been that loyal to a company, GM should give you a new one Torch!
Old 05-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

I have owned 21 Corvettes in the past 25 years including the current 2013 model year.
Sure you have...............
Old 05-02-2013, 02:01 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

In his own words - here on the Forum - to me, this appears for all intents and purposes to be a guy who should be living in the C6 Section and leaving the C7 Section to those who have positive interests in the car"

By Torch2013c6:

"Lets see if I buy. 2013 I save $20K in discounts over a C7. Im also able to buy a convertible and not have to wait another 11 months. my payment will be $300 less a month with the. C6 My 2013 will have 20hp less than the C7 (about as much as a lawn mower) The way I see it if you don't buy a C6 right now your not very smart.

Thats why I ran and bought my 13 Vert for 46K. In laughing all the way to the bank now.

Picked her up last week in Ohio. $46K out the door! Now is the time to buy folks!

Keep it and thank the Lord I got a fantastic deal on my 2013 convertible that has a rear end treatment that looks like a Corvette and is totally proven. Then I will also not look like a fool who purchased a first generation model year Corvette who over paid for a car that will have quality issues no matter how many times the car is laid up at the dealer for recalls and adjustments. In 2016 once the car has been proven and the bugs worked out I will purchase a C7 convertible and trade the 2013 in for it.

Left over? If its a 2013 its not a left over.

I just tried buying a GS vert from them and I could never get them to respond or send me a buyers order. Here I am with 55K in hand and they are ignoring me. I went elsewhere.

I only buy base Corvettes lets see I think its 21 of them to be exact. Its a sports car not a Cadillac.

Well you might have hit on something here. Brain washing is exactly what Tadge is trying to do by saying C7 makes C6 obsolete. Its like a bunch of Lemmings...well you know how the story goes. I don't need to be part of the "in crowd" all I need to be is smart with my money when it comes to my Corvette purchases.

Just so you know, buying a first year Corvette and paying full list for it is about the dumbest thing anyone can do. I did it once and learned my lesson well. My C7 will be a 2016 model nice and refined with a discount for less money than most paid for a 2014. In the mean time I will drive and enjoy my brand new 2013 until then.

When you actually own a C7 then come and impress us "with all its technology" Keep in mind Mr. Goodwrench will be ready to take apart for the first time and experiment on your new C7 if "all the technology" starts acting wonky.

We don't even know that the C7 even works well so how can you say its dramatically improved? You know something I don't or have you been listening to GM rhetoric/propaganda again?

GM is great for making promises but IMO never really delivers what they set out to achieve. Take the SSr and the XLR for example."

Quick Reply: Holy Crap There Is NO Rear Visibility At All In The Coupe