Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance Surprise

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 01:02 AM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

When I was young and not nearly so handsome a certain insurance company that I wont name but would later use a lizard in their advertising bent me over real nice pretty much making me regret every penny which I had thought I was saving with them.

Fast forward some years later and pay a little more at Allstate and they fix a truck I had that was borrowed by a young fellow who was really hoping to get to prison as soon as possible without the slightest issue. I mean I didn't hardly have to do jack and never had occasion to complain.

No one has ever accused me of being the smartest guy in the room but even a dumbass commercial fisherman can sort that one out.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:01 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by QUAKEJAKE
I was told by my agent that the median age of a Corvette owner is a big factor.
So the next time you see all those old guys at a Corvette meet, just think about how much money you are saving in insurance. Maybe we don't want GM to try to push the average age of the Corvette buyer down. Consider it a senior discount without being a senior.

Michael
Old 05-09-2013, 04:49 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael A
So the next time you see all those old guys at a Corvette meet, just think about how much money you are saving in insurance. Maybe we don't want GM to try to push the average age of the Corvette buyer down. Consider it a senior discount without being a senior.

Michael
LOL!

Except I became the "old man" of my friends the moment I bought a Corvette. I didn't quite earn the senior discount, but I sure act the part.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by Aviator
My 2013 C6 GS is $300 less per year to insure than my 2011 Honda Accord Coupe. Go figure.

No surprise -- we had a similar experience. However, because I declared my Vette for 10K miles/year (DD), I only got a "slight" discount vs. wifey's Honda.

And why not? Easy to fix. Can brake, handle and accelerate brilliantly -- so as to avoid many potential accidents. Typically driven by adults who act that way. Most of us go nuts only on deserted highways and interstate ramps. Hard to cause damage to vehicle, self or others that way. The only remaining issue is theft, and thieves want cars that sell in huge numbers because of the chopped parts market.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
LOL!

Except I became the "old man" of my friends the moment I bought a Corvette. I didn't quite earn the senior discount, but I sure act the part.

Michael

Quick Reply: Insurance Surprise