Any advice on picking color?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 08:41 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WaxWeekly
I had a much easier time naming my kid.

I'm no help on this subject other than to say they all look awesome in their own respect. The one color I would personally avoid is Silver. Silver is the color for cars that are made for neglect.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:54 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by rsmarti1
I live in Michigan, so I see no sense in ordering a Corvette now, receiving it maybe in October or November only to store it until next spring. Hopefully by spring '14, some dealer within 150 miles will have a few in stock with options I'd like and I'd just pick out the best color combo and drive off. Like others, I cannot decide on a color if I'd order it.
Also maybe a thousand or two off of sticker.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:01 PM
sccaracer46
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Todd
Laguna Blue: Look at me, I hit a wall.

I saw the torch red w/red interior at the Chicago show. That's what I'm getting. I always buy red though, so I may be biased.
That's what I ordered!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Kevin_NYC
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Lime Rock Green

Pure class

Even Polo Green C4s are still sharp
Old 05-08-2013, 09:54 PM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

Be interesting to see if the Z pallet is more limited or if there is another color available for its introduction. At any rate one thing about waiting a year for the Z is I'll have seen what the colors are in person and wont have to guess. Unless its a new color....

I have to admit, I have been secretly hoping they bring back AO or DSOM for the C7 because I think either would be as my kids say, super wicked awesome.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:46 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by crabman
Be interesting to see if the Z pallet is more limited or if there is another color available for its introduction. At any rate one thing about waiting a year for the Z is I'll have seen what the colors are in person and wont have to guess. Unless its a new color....

I have to admit, I have been secretly hoping they bring back AO or DSOM for the C7 because I think either would be as my kids say, super wicked awesome.
Good call all around!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Todd
Laguna Blue: Look at me, I hit a wall. ...

Now provide a serious answer and put it into your original list.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Hot Rod Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

My earlier summary of the colors.

Look at me, I'm fast: Torch Red or Velocity Yellow
Look at me, I'm BAD: Black, Cyber Gray, or Night Race Blue
Look at me, I'm Classy: Lime Rock Green, Crystal Red
Don't look at me: Arctic White, Blade Silver

OK, I left out Laguna Blue. Not sure where it would go without seeing the color in person. It is kind of sporty, but somewhat classy. Not likely to be the most popular color. When Jetstream Blue came out there were quite a few special ordered (a high percentage), but at the end of the year it was not high on the list (about 8%). I believe the reason is the dealer orders. Dealers like to order black or red. Ask any dealer (used or new) what they call blue. They'll tell you it's Looser blue, and Resale red. Even the best looking blue color does not resale as well as red (don't whip up on me, just ask a dealer). In 2009 Black and Red (2 colors) made up 47% or the cars, in 2010 56% (first year for torch red), in 2011 48%.

Also, the Luguna blue lets you see the accent vents, but they don't stick out. So all things considered it ends up being a color that sets itself apart from the others. With the gray interior I think it will make a striking car. Siver or Chrome wheels, I don't really like it with the black.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:31 AM
emmet
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had white 2005, got ton of compliments when about. Actually stood out because very few on the road. Have a white 427 but that is a different animal. Buy what you like, you will be paying for it.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:09 AM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Motomike92
I can't seem to stick to a body color? I've gone from torch red to cyber gray to laguna blue and back to torch red. I had a much easier time choosing the names of my kids. So the question is how or what criteria are you using to pick out body color? Am I the only one with this dilemma?
Very EASY... Order the color you like the best.

And if you like multiple colors get the NEW color Laguna Blue... A ALL NEW color for a ALL NEW Vette.

I like red, white, and black... But those colors have been around for many years... So i think Laguna Blue would be cool since its a BRAND NEW color to go with a BRAND NEW model Vette.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:46 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Make sure you pick a color that you can live with every day. I see a very bright green Lamborghini in town that gets your attention however I could not see myself driving something that stands out that much.

Quick Reply: Any advice on picking color?