Sponsored by:

Green C7

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 05:03 PM
2003 electronblue
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
I greatly preferred that bright lime green rendering someone posted a while back...

Like I said before, just a damn shame that there aren't more not-boring car colors available, especially for an iconic sports car like the Corvette.

I think at a minimum, you should be able to get all the primary and secondary colors on the color wheel in bright, metallic flake form. They only have two of them covered right now as far as I know (crystal red and laguna blue), and the red is debatable. Still need green, yellow, orange, and purple.

... C'mon, GM, at least give us four of them!
Is what they are calling laguna blue really electron blue?
Old 05-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003 electronblue
Is what they are calling laguna blue really electron blue?
No. Electron Blue is paint code WA-779J. Laguna Blue is paint code WA-135X.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:52 PM
K-TownMike
Melting Slicks

Received 731 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermassive
First off safe colors do suck but, and this is a big old ghetto booty but, the average age of Corvette owners is between 49 and 63, yeah it's a broad spectrum, I know. Most older folks don't want that neon orange, or lime green, or purple, etc. The safe colors are the colors that have been on cars for generations. For every yellow corvette I see, I will see 10 red ones, or silver ones, or blue ones. Hell I don't even remember the last time I've seen that purple that was on C5s. The initial rollout of the C7 will likely be purchased by older people as well, sure the base no frills C7 costs $52,000, but only the people who can barely make the monthly payments will likely go optionless. All told the C7 I want is $67,000 give or take and the only people I know who have that kind of money at my age are single, with no bills, and likely work as a professional. In this economy especially, the younger crowd will likely turn to the C6 at deep discounts for similar performance. We will see though. I do like that rendering of the Lime green though!
I'm not saying that GM should necessarily offer lime green instead of this green, but why not offer it in addition. I understand that the majority of Corvette owners are older, and are probably going to lean towards less vibrant colors. But imo that doesn't mean they shouldn't at least be offered. Does it cost GM more money to offer a wider selection of colors?

Every other sports car is available in wild colors. Corvette has yellow, perhaps the most tame of the wild colors.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:17 AM
Supermassive
Melting Slicks

Received 794 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by K-TownMike
I'm not saying that GM should necessarily offer lime green instead of this green, but why not offer it in addition. I understand that the majority of Corvette owners are older, and are probably going to lean towards less vibrant colors. But imo that doesn't mean they shouldn't at least be offered. Does it cost GM more money to offer a wider selection of colors?

Every other sports car is available in wild colors. Corvette has yellow, perhaps the most tame of the wild colors.
I think they could but the issue comes with demand. If only 100 cars a year are painted lime green because people wanted it, but Chevy ordered enough paint for 1000 expected cars to be painted in that color then there is a loss. Now I am sure that if Chevy decided to add some special colors that are louder at say a $2k mark-up people would bite on that. Some would cry about it being too expensive but the reality is you are paying for a color that will be more exclusive by virtue of the color itself. Which can be a double edged sword, loud colors are typically harder to re-sell, while colors such as white, black, red, silver, and blue are pretty easy.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:54 AM
Icetoad
Pro

They said their target is to bring in a younger audience which means different colors than the usual line up because younger folks want to stand out more. They know the rest of the old timers are just going to buy black or white(given the previous paint stats).

As to the question of that green, perhaps a more metallic green was in order, not sure about lime as discussed though...

Green hornet anyone?
Old 05-30-2013, 03:09 AM
Supermassive
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Icetoad
They said their target is to bring in a younger audience which means different colors than the usual line up because younger folks want to stand out more. They know the rest of the old timers are just going to buy black or white(given the previous paint stats).

As to the question of that green, perhaps a more metallic green was in order, not sure about lime as discussed though...

Green hornet anyone?
I don't think the younger crowd theyre targetting is the same younger crowd youre thinking of. I'm guessing they are aiming at me in particular. I'm 33, have just begun to finally make more than $50k a year, and want a car that isn't a bargain car and is sexy as well as an all star performer. I'm not a fast and furious clown, I prefer a nice clean look, almost understated. Hell I owned the ubiquitous Fast and Furious car (a 1998 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo) before the F&F movie and subsequent spiral of the import scene into the current dismal mess of ugly cars and uglier paint jobs.

When I think of Chevrolet's targetting of the new Vette, I instantly think "young professional". The C7 is a sophisticated design, more european supercar, than American muscle (That's what the Camaro is for). People will look equally appropriate getting out of the car in a suit or shorts and a t-shirt. It truly is a game changing car for Chevy, every person that I know that I have shown pictures of the new Vette like it...and I'm talking about a bunch of "ricer" types in that group as well as my Bavarian Bro buddies in their BMW's and Mercedes. It may very well be Chevy's best selling Corvette ever!
Old 05-30-2013, 05:00 AM
jdwk
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the dark green, it's pretty, and though the dark greens were overdone in the 90's, it would be ok to start making a bit of a comeback.

The lime green is bad ***. I am not sure I could pull it off, but it would certainly be tempting if it was offered. I'll probably go with whatever they call the cyber grey this time around. I absolutely love my Le Mans Blue, but it is impossible to match if anything happens to it and it has to be painted.

I always wanted to own a yellow vette, but I fell for the LMB when I saw it in person. I could give yellow a shot again, but not sure how it will strike me with all the black vents the car has now.

Last edited by jdwk; 05-30-2013 at 05:03 AM.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:30 AM
K-TownMike
Melting Slicks

Received 731 Likes on 311 Posts

I think they could but the issue comes with demand. If only 100 cars a year are painted lime green because people wanted it, but Chevy ordered enough paint for 1000 expected cars to be painted in that color then there is a loss. Now I am sure that if Chevy decided to add some special colors that are louder at say a $2k mark-up people would bite on that. Some would cry about it being too expensive but the reality is you are paying for a color that will be more exclusive by virtue of the color itself. Which can be a double edged sword, loud colors are typically harder to re-sell, while colors such as white, black, red, silver, and blue are pretty easy.
Well, a financial loss based on a limited paint option would pale in comparison to every other loss GM has ever experienced, I'm sure. They should offer a couple loud vibrant colors, charge a bit extra if they want.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:39 AM
Supermassive
Melting Slicks

Well, a financial loss based on a limited paint option would pale in comparison to every other loss GM has ever experienced, I'm sure. They should offer a couple loud vibrant colors, charge a bit extra if they want.
I wouldn't mind it either, although the color I would really like to see isn't really a loud color but it's an exotic color. It's called Liquid Silver:

Old 05-30-2013, 08:10 AM
Icetoad
Pro

I don't think the younger crowd theyre targetting is the same younger crowd youre thinking of. I'm guessing they are aiming at me in particular. I'm 33, have just begun to finally make more than $50k a year, and want a car that isn't a bargain car and is sexy as well as an all star performer. I'm not a fast and furious clown, I prefer a nice clean look, almost understated. Hell I owned the ubiquitous Fast and Furious car (a 1998 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo) before the F&F movie and subsequent spiral of the import scene into the current dismal mess of ugly cars and uglier paint jobs.

When I think of Chevrolet's targetting of the new Vette, I instantly think "young professional". The C7 is a sophisticated design, more european supercar, than American muscle (That's what the Camaro is for). People will look equally appropriate getting out of the car in a suit or shorts and a t-shirt. It truly is a game changing car for Chevy, every person that I know that I have shown pictures of the new Vette like it...and I'm talking about a bunch of "ricer" types in that group as well as my Bavarian Bro buddies in their BMW's and Mercedes. It may very well be Chevy's best selling Corvette ever!
We are actually on the same page( i like all of the colors ). ( i am 34 & want one in Luguna ).

Quick Reply: Green C7