A few questions and a request

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 12:28 AM
arabiannight975
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few questions and a request

Hey all,

So here it is, finally we have the C7 HP numbers and all.
I currently own a 2010 Jeep GrandCherokee SRT8, one heck of a ride to be honest. AWD launches are pure fun.

I am from Saudi Arabia and mostly cars get launched about 1 years later then other countries, just like the Zl-1 Camaro.
I will be turning 21 next January and I am in the car market with a budget of around 55,000 $. (corverted rates for riyals)

So now I have a few questions,

1) The C7 , yes its fast but how fast exactly ? Any idea on whats the top speed of the car? Because we have serious highway stretches here and I take my cars all the way up to the limiter.

2) I was getting out of a friends avetador the other day and I really liked the doors, I have seen the lambo doors on other cars before but never really liked them, I was just wondering if someone here can Render a Red C7 with Black rims and Lambo doors ?

3) now the main question, I am considering these cars help me out in picking one.

a) Charger SRT8: Amazing looking car, the interior is just fantastic and 470 HP is not bad at all.

b)Challenger SRT8: I am waiting for the the 6.2l HellCat supercharged engine but god knows when will that come out, I can't wait that long. I have been a fan of Challengers since they were a concept, I mean they are the best looking muscles out there.
I agree, ****** power but damn gorgeous. Look at this one for example.

Imagine a C7 in this color <3

c)Corvette C7: A gorgeous looking car with good power. Plus for my Age a 2 door is best, once you get a family priorities change. But I wanna know will it be faster then a Charger SRT8 and A Challenger SRT8 ( The current one).

d) Camaro Zl-1: Yes, that falls inteh same price range the only issue is Camaros are soo common here that Its absurd. Every street has about 3 of them. So I don't want it, but how fast is C7 compared to it ? or the same.

e) Last but not the least, I can keep my SRT8 for another year and a half and then get myself a BMW M5 or a CLS63 or E63 or CTS-V ?

I am a die hard fan of the new F10 M5, ever since I drove one, I can not stop drooling about it. I mean just the sound of that car is pure orgasmic!

So yep fellas, throw in your suggestions !

Last edited by arabiannight975; 05-29-2013 at 12:31 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:54 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Not a fan of the Challenger, myself. It looks cool, but not really that great for handling (which is honestly the best part of a Corvette). Don't get me wrong, they're probably fun to drive, but the Corvette is the total package.

We don't really have any performance stats on the C7 yet, but I promise you it's faster than the Challenger.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:54 AM
Supermassive
Melting Slicks

Received 794 Likes on 307 Posts

Sorry to the OP, but Lambo doors, no matter how well executed, never look right on a car not designed for them. I am sure some people will make kits and it will be your money to do as you like. The estimated top speed at the moment is 190, so it wont hang with your buddies Aventador, but it will smoke most of the cars you mentioned as possible candidates. 190 mph on any public road is absurd but no one likes being told what to do so who am I to judge.

As far as the other cars on your list, to me it sounds like you have a style over substance taste, as in, you prefer how the car looks more than the actual performance, which is fine, and in that case I personally think the C7 is the looker out of the rest of the cars you listed.

Just don't be one of these idiots:

Old 05-29-2013, 05:17 AM
arabiannight975
Cruising

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Not a fan of the Challenger, myself. It looks cool, but not really that great for handling (which is honestly the best part of a Corvette). Don't get me wrong, they're probably fun to drive, but the Corvette is the total package.

We don't really have any performance stats on the C7 yet, but I promise you it's faster than the Challenger.

I do agree that the Challengers handle like a brick, they as good as my jeep but they good pretty good.

I hope the C7 does a high 11 on the track like the Zl-1

Originally Posted by Supermassive
Sorry to the OP, but Lambo doors, no matter how well executed, never look right on a car not designed for them. I am sure some people will make kits and it will be your money to do as you like. The estimated top speed at the moment is 190, so it wont hang with your buddies Aventador, but it will smoke most of the cars you mentioned as possible candidates. 190 mph on any public road is absurd but no one likes being told what to do so who am I to judge.

As far as the other cars on your list, to me it sounds like you have a style over substance taste, as in, you prefer how the car looks more than the actual performance, which is fine, and in that case I personally think the C7 is the looker out of the rest of the cars you listed.

Just don't be one of these idiots:

Deadly "drifting" in the desert - YouTube
I think yes, They might not look soo good on the Vette.
But Still I would love to see a rendering of it !
haha no issues with that, I can borrow my brother's 458 to keep up with my buddies

To be honest, Yes I do care for the style over substance but at the end of the day I don't want someone to pull up beside me in a cheaper car and smoke me! Not used to it at all.

I never over speed, I make sure when I am on the highways its early morning and no one is there and then only I go to the limiter.
Streets I drive normal, just light to light drags when no one is around!

Ohh god, these poor bastards. They have an IQ equal to that of a rotten potato. I hate these soo called Drifters, they kill themselves and others just for the sake of fun. Asswipes!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:05 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Buy a ZR1.. There are brand new ones available and you can drive over 200 MPH. Call this number and ask for Mike. He can hook you up..

Old 05-30-2013, 08:35 AM
arabiannight975
Cruising

Originally Posted by Bill17601
Buy a ZR1.. There are brand new ones available and you can drive over 200 MPH. Call this number and ask for Mike. He can hook you up..

Well, I think you didn't read my entire post.
I am from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Plus I am looking for C7 not a C6.
I want a Automatic, since my daily commute to office is about 32 kms and it takes me well over an hour to reach there due to traffic, So i don't want a manual!

Get notified of new replies

To A few questions and a request

Quick Reply: A few questions and a request