Sponsored by:

Not much luck in So. Ca.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 09:37 AM
jasnusc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sin City
I thought Cormier was the largest Corvette dealer in LA from how they advertise but they aren't even close I understand.

Seems like three East Coast / mid West dealers eat up about 50% of the allocation.
It was...... but it was sold to the "Win Group" and is now "Win Chevrolet & Hyundai".... They still have Vettes and are Z06 & ZR1 repair certified but the Corvette experience isnt the same as it was when it was Cormier.

Anybody who lived in the area knew who Cormier was because they always had a Corvette hanging in the sky over the freeway and would decorate it for different holidays.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:21 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by 3musky3
well seing that museum and plant work very closely with each other and i could throw a rock from one to the other. not every one out here is like this
I'm really not the jerk that you're making me out to be. When someone says that they're taking delivery from the plant I assume that either they know something that I don't know or they're sharing misinformation here. Either way, it seemed appropriate to ask about it. Interestingly, the poster hasn't responded to the original question which was, "How do you pick up a new Corvette at the factory?"
Old 06-22-2013, 01:27 PM
OpieT
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sin City
Forget it. Just go to Mike Furman at Criswell. I did. Problem solved. No mark up, plenty allocation, delivered where you want. $1000 down and refundable. I'm picking mine up at factory.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...ontact-me.html

Mike's a great guy and gets back to you really soon by phone or email.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:33 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by jasnusc
It was...... but it was sold to the "Win Group" and is now "Win Chevrolet & Hyundai".... They still have Vettes and are Z06 & ZR1 repair certified but the Corvette experience isnt the same as it was when it was Cormier.

Anybody who lived in the area knew who Cormier was because they always had a Corvette hanging in the sky over the freeway and would decorate it for different holidays.

Actually the top 50 Corvette dealers sell 34% of the Corvettes sold. The top 900Corvette dealers sell 80% of the Corvettes sold.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:29 PM
p4snow
Burning Brakes

Received 453 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I'm really not the jerk that you're making me out to be. When someone says that they're taking delivery from the plant I assume that either they know something that I don't know or they're sharing misinformation here. Either way, it seemed appropriate to ask about it. Interestingly, the poster hasn't responded to the original question which was, "How do you pick up a new Corvette at the factory?"
Don't think you can pick one up at the plant. NCM or dealer delivery only.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:09 PM
loyalsince72
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default You waited too long

Originally Posted by jscpsu
I've tried several So. Calif. dealers. Rydell, a fairly large Corvette dealer wants $2500 down, selling at MSRP, but they have a long waiting list. Allen Gwynn Chevrolet just called me and offered me one at $5000 over MSRP. I declined. Keyes Chevrolet said they didn't have pricing yet, so they're not taking orders. Called three Orange county dealers, one in Ventura county and one in Santa Clarita area, all to no avail. If anyone knows some dealer (s) this way, please let me know. I think I should have hung onto my C6 a bit longer.
Connell in Orange County began their list in March of LAST YEAR, and had almost 20 names on it by March 1, 2013. There is ALWAYS pent up demand for every new design, and the early bird catches the early VIN.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:15 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by AVETTE
There are some dreamers on this board who believe by spring or summer of 2014 they will be getting 2500 off MSRP, not only are they mistaken, but they will be waiting if they order their car to get it at MSRP or maybe if they are lucky 1k off like some are doing now, gonna be a harsh reality for some while we are enjoying our new Stingrays... As to your concern call MacMulkin Chevy in NH he can arrange a courtsey delivery w a local dealer for 300 or so, he is getting 250 stingrays in the first 6 to 9 months and he is a straight shooter and is not marking them up At this point no matter what you do it's going to be a while
Don't bet on that. I had one of the very early C6's at 500 below MSRP. Seven months later I traded it for a convertible that I got at employee pricing - which for the dealer is the equivalent to $500 over invoice (my price was $11,000 below MSRP). And Corvettes were selling very well then.

The factory has WAY more capacity than they have been selling for the past four years....like three times the capacity.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,226 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

The forum dealers will treat you right. Good luck getting a C7 - I'm envious.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:50 AM
Rocky51
Racer

Received 119 Likes on 56 Posts

I know about National Corvette Museum delivery (RPO R8C). That's not what he said. He said he was picking up at the factory (not at the museum). There's obviously a distinct difference between the two places.
They are across the street from each other. You actually pick the car up at the museum, but there is a detailed, personal tour of the factory that goes with the delivery. The public factory tour is about 30 minutes, I was in there for over two hours.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:18 PM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tome
Simply check the R8C option and then get ready for the experience of a lifetime! My new Stingray will be my 5th and I enjoy it every time. Then I get to drive the 2133 miles home having the time of my life.
Tom! Que pasa?!!!

Got mine on order from Fichtner. Hope to have it March/April.

He's also getting us a '14 CTS this Fall - nice looking replacement for Karen's CTS coupe - like the new design!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:35 PM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I guess if you draw a big enough circle around the Museum and the Plant, you are picking up the car at the "factory/plant." Since you can walk from one site to the other, I don't get your **** distinction between a "factory" delivery and a "Museum" delivery. Those of us who have actually DONE an R8C option, frequently refer to it as a "factory" delivery.

Picky, picky, picky... Lighten up, Francis.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:14 PM
tome
Melting Slicks

Received 321 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by HummelS
Tom! Que pasa?!!!

Got mine on order from Fichtner. Hope to have it March/April.

He's also getting us a '14 CTS this Fall - nice looking replacement for Karen's CTS coupe - like the new design!
Hi Ho SteveO!!!!!!! Pretty excited about the new Stingray. What color ya gettin?
Old 06-24-2013, 11:28 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by HummelS
I guess if you draw a big enough circle around the Museum and the Plant, you are picking up the car at the "factory/plant." Since you can walk from one site to the other, I don't get your **** distinction between a "factory" delivery and a "Museum" delivery. Those of us who have actually DONE an R8C option, frequently refer to it as a "factory" delivery.

Picky, picky, picky... Lighten up, Francis.
It's no big deal. For those who choose to refer to R8C as a factory delivery, go for it. My brain is just wired differently, that's all. I don't see the two facilities as being one and the same. For all I care, folks can call it "Shell Station Delivery" or "Super 8 Delivery" since both of those places are in the center of the circle you described.

To those who I offended, please accept my apology; I meant no disrespect. I'll shut up now.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:01 AM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by tome
Hi Ho SteveO!!!!!!! Pretty excited about the new Stingray. What color ya gettin?
We're gonna do a Cyber Gray, with Kalahari top and interior. I'll be 70 when it gets delivered - At least I hope I'll be 70!
Old 06-25-2013, 01:11 AM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

It's no big deal. For those who choose to refer to R8C as a factory delivery, go for it. My brain is just wired differently, that's all. I don't see the two facilities as being one and the same. For all I care, folks can call it "Shell Station Delivery" or "Super 8 Delivery" since both of those places are in the center of the circle you described.

To those who I offended, please accept my apology; I meant no disrespect. I'll shut up now.
It's all good - Let's call it the "Country Inn Delivery."

Last edited by HummelS; 06-25-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:47 AM
steel_3d
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Email sales paradisechevrolet com. You'll be talking to Per. Ask him how close he can get to invoice.

I bought my first Vette through email, and I tend to think it works. Dealers know they're just one of many you're contacting, so if they want the business, they'll play ball.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:58 AM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 682 Likes on 271 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Here we go again...

Originally Posted by jschindler
Don't bet on that. I had one of the very early C6's at 500 below MSRP. Seven months later I traded it for a convertible that I got at employee pricing - which for the dealer is the equivalent to $500 over invoice (my price was $11,000 below MSRP). And Corvettes were selling very well then.

The factory has WAY more capacity than they have been selling for the past four years....like three times the capacity.
The C6 myth.. Yes, I too got a C6 2007 black vert with a "big discount" coming from a C5 we ALL know it was more a c5.5 then a new generation, The economy was tanking, go back to the C5 THAT was a LEAP from the C4 and I can GUARANTEE you, I know, because I had a C4, then TWO early C5's and the dealers were marking them 5k over MSRP AND GETTING IT, I sold my USED C5 coupe in 99 for 1500 under MSRP then bought a USED (only 1000 miles on it) mag red vert for 1000 under MSRP...
Car sales are UP ACROSS THE BOARD, GM has stepped up it's game big time, the C7 will sell as many as they can make for the first two years because they are going after NEW buyers that normally go foreign, Audi, Porsche, Jag, etc and they will get them, they will also get guys like me who have always gone with Vettes so what happened with your C6 WILL NOT happen ANYTIME in 2014, you can BANK on it... Maybe, JUST maybe, end of model year 2015 you will be able to get 4k off but I seriously doubt it and FORGET about GM rebating it, also, get ready for MSRP increases within the 1st year, BANK ON THAT too In the meantime enjoy your C6...

C7 for the win

Quick Reply: Not much luck in So. Ca.