C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When will the "Big Discount" Trolls go away...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 12:06 AM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 682 Likes on 271 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default When will the "Big Discount" Trolls go away...

Instead of contributing anything worthwhile to this board re: the new C7 or engaging in any type of meaningful exchange of ideas, they want to dream about big 5 and 10 thousand dollar discounts COMING NEXT SPRING OR SUMMER

They point to "but when the C6 came out... blah blah blah" and fail to realize the difference in the economy from then til now, the fact that demand will be much higher for the CLEAN SHEET redesign inside and out not the so called C6 which was really a c5.5 (I should know I owned both a C5 and C6) The interior in the car was such a joke I had it redone by Caravaggio, NOT ANYOMRE

Instead of feeling bad about not getting a new Stingray now or having to live with your C5 or C6 PLEASE, PLEASE, go to that section and QUIT trolling this board, you make the people who want to be here and are excited about the new C7 want to :puke:

PLEASE come back in the spring or summer, and post here about your AMAZING discounts When they don't materialize until late 2015 after several MSRP increases, you can tell yourself stories of why it happened...
Old 06-26-2013, 12:24 AM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

I agree. Its pretty comical (and sad) sometimes all at the same time.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:26 AM
VETTEMANN
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're right - let's all get on board the 'Full MSRP' train...

Honestly, of all the threads on here, I can't think of a topic (what someone hopes to pay) that should be easier to ignore.

If you're this upset by the 'discount' posts, might that mean you're first in line and planning to pay too much??? If you are, just go with it, say "it's my money", and do whatever you want with it.

Just sayn'...
Old 06-26-2013, 12:30 AM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 599 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTEMANN
You're right - let's all get on board the 'Full MSRP' train...

Honestly, of all the threads on here, I can't think of a topic (what someone hopes to pay) that should be easier to ignore.

If you're this upset by the 'discount' posts, might that mean you're first in line and planning to pay too much??? If you are, just go with it, say "it's my money", and do whatever you want with it.

Just sayn'...

Trust me, there are a lot of guys that will pay over MSRP on this forum that wont admit it.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:37 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Stingray23

Trust me, there are a lot of guys that will pay over MSRP on this forum that wont admit it.

The reason I came here in the first place was I knew my dealer would charge over MSRP and I wanted to find one that would charge MSRP, along with actually having a brain on how to sell a car to me.

It's a new car and I don't expect discounting. I'm willing to pay MSRP because the car is worth it. If it wasn't, I would wait or look elsewhere.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:25 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I still don't understand what's wrong with paying MSRP. It's like some people here think it's a sin or something.

Did you people know that dealers sell cars for profit?

Considering GM dealerships have a long history of jacking up prices well over their MSRP when it comes to 1st year cars, I don't think that MSRP is at all unfair. That's taking into account that there are only so many slots and ALL of them are getting filled.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:46 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing wrong with paying window, I just think and a lot of people would agree that discounts can be had and will grow sooner than expected.

It's no different than those who say why would I waste my money on a Z51 when I want a hi-po that should be not far away. GM is keeping that aspect quiet b/c they want to make sure the base cars sell well at inception IMO.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:50 AM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

OP...

Just because you are blessed enough to not have to worry about getting gouged by GM on the MSRP does not mean that there are those who might not be that fortunate. Some of us might be t..h..i..s close to getting a C7 and any discount of whatever amount is what will put us in that driver's seat.

I think that guy asked a fair question. We're not all millionaire, buy everything on a cash basis, big baller shot callers as you are. Gimme a break. Or are you just upset because any discount on the C7 within a year will diminish the value of the one you buy at full price?
Old 06-26-2013, 02:53 AM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 682 Likes on 271 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default This....

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
I still don't understand what's wrong with paying MSRP. It's like some people here think it's a sin or something.

Did you people know that dealers sell cars for profit?

Considering GM dealerships have a long history of jacking up prices well over their MSRP when it comes to 1st year cars, I don't think that MSRP is at all unfair. That's taking into account that there are only so many slots and ALL of them are getting filled.

When I bought my C6 in 2007 I got my "big discount" and it was needed because, truth be told, it wasn't much of a change from my C5...

Now when I got my C5, THAT was a different story.. It was a MASSIVE change from the C4 and discounts were NOT to be had, I sold my 99 coupe for almost MSRP and it was USED granted it only had 4k miles on it and then I bought a USED mag red vert with 1k miles on it from a private party for 1500 off of MSRP
The dealers were all charging 5 to 10 k over for the then new C5 convertible, the coupe 2 years in was still going for MSRP...
But, oh the people on this board who want to talk about history as though we haven't been through it, who are blinded by the fire sales going on right now to dump the C6's, can you imagine someone even considering a C6 once they spend 30 seconds in a C7

Hence why "those in the know" regarding car sales in general, the fact that sales are up across the board, and that the ALL NEW C7 is not a
C 6.5 but a true game changer, if the people on this board who are dreaming of big discounts were true Vette enthusiasts, they would be excited about the many, many, improvements made in every area of the car, instead they chant, like mindless zombies, "I want my discounts" : "I NEEEED my DISCOUNTS" : "Where oh WHERE can I find some DISCOUNTS"
Old 06-26-2013, 06:44 AM
Frankie2blue
Melting Slicks

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

Wait long enough and there will be discounts on anything. People are somewhat spoiled by the fact the C6's were dumped at such huge discounts but that is because of a lot of reasons from a slower economy a couple years ago to a model run that extended for a long time. The only people at this point that would even consider buying a C6 would be someone that is only interested in the bottom line dollar. Put the two cars side by side and offer them to near anyone at no cost and I would bet Not many would be grabbing the C6. There is no way in hell the C6 can stand up to the C7 in terms of excitement, so heavy discounts will be very slow coming IMO, but eventually they will come and eventually the C7 will be old news also as time rolls on.

Get notified of new replies

To When will the "Big Discount" Trolls go away...

Quick Reply: When will the "Big Discount" Trolls go away...