C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should a get new 2014 convrtable or couup

Old 06-26-2013, 02:00 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by Dklean2003
Decisions, Decisions. I still don't know what to do.

Well maybe I should wait until Dec for the Convertible.

I am getting married in Hawaii in July and it will be expensive!!!!!!!!

I will be stressing about money in August when I would have to pay for the coup.

At least by December I will have some more cash saved up.

So I guess me getting married will force me to get a convertible.
Okay, I got to ask, since you are getting married does she know you are getting the car? Assuming that she does, have you thought about asking her which she would like better, the coupe or the vert? Im only saying this because you don't want to hear this for the next XX years; "if only you had bought the coupe/vert instead of the vert/coupe..."

You probably know the drill..and if you don't...you soon will

Oh btw, you are a fellow okie, think about this one for a minute. If you get the vert how many times a year would you actually take the top down? Thinking about myself here, I know most of june through sept I wouldn't have the top down that much, and you know why, its too hot from noon until sunset. Also, march through may we have many top down days mixed with many windy days and lots and lots of bad allergies (for me anyways). Not to mention the bad storms! Almost the same thing goes for Oct until winter sets in. Even with my coupe, I probably only take the targa roof off 12 times a year. That's what has kept me from getting a vert so far.

Hopefully I didn't just talk you out of buying one though....just wanted to give you some food for thought.

Good luck on whatever you decide though
Old 06-26-2013, 10:55 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by stevelischynsky
Why can they not design a aux hard top for the convert that looks like the coupe? You'd probably have to remove the trunk and tonneau lids. But it would probably only a winter thing anyways.
Because the coupe roof is the ugly part of the car. Why would you want to ruin a beautiful convertible. I think a lot of people that order a coupe now will regret it when they start seeing the convertibles hitting the streets.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:27 AM
Dklean2003
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z edge
Okay, I got to ask, since you are getting married does she know you are getting the car? Assuming that she does, have you thought about asking her which she would like better, the coupe or the vert? Im only saying this because you don't want to hear this for the next XX years; "if only you had bought the coupe/vert instead of the vert/coupe..."

You probably know the drill..and if you don't...you soon will

Oh btw, you are a fellow okie, think about this one for a minute. If you get the vert how many times a year would you actually take the top down? Thinking about myself here, I know most of june through sept I wouldn't have the top down that much, and you know why, its too hot from noon until sunset. Also, march through may we have many top down days mixed with many windy days and lots and lots of bad allergies (for me anyways). Not to mention the bad storms! Almost the same thing goes for Oct until winter sets in. Even with my coupe, I probably only take the targa roof off 12 times a year. That's what has kept me from getting a vert so far.

Hopefully I didn't just talk you out of buying one though....just wanted to give you some food for thought.

Good luck on whatever you decide though
Actually my future wife is helping me buy it . We both said convertible before we even seen pictures of the new vette.

Now we see the pictures and she says get the convertible. She is just saying that because we talked about it over a year ago.

She is not going off the look of the car.

Really, I can't tell which looks better.

DOES ANY ONE HAVE A REAL PICTURE OF A 2014 YELLOW CONVERTIBLE VETTE??? I want to see a 2014 yellow convertible with a black top and chrome wheels z51.

My whole thing on getting a sports car is its just for fun. This will not be my daily driver. So my whole reasoning for the convertible is

GET THE MOST IMPRATICAL CAR YOU CAN GET. Now That's a sports car
Old 06-27-2013, 01:29 AM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Pretty close to what you'll be looking at!

Last edited by Kingspoke; 06-27-2013 at 01:35 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:01 AM
Dklean2003
Instructor

For some reason I don't like black wheels on any car. It just looks weird. I can't really explain. Gotta go with the chrome. If I go with the silver plated I know I will regret it down the road. I just hope I see some coupes on the road so I can compare before the dealership has to take my order.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:11 AM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm not really on the C7 bandwagon yet, but from this angle the Vert looks really good. It seems to have smoother angles than the coupe.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:23 AM
Dklean2003
Instructor

Dang, that's a nice picture of the convertible. Those are the base wheels right? Those wheels might look better than the z51 ones.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Hot Rod Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Those wheels are the optional Torque Directional 5 spokes. 19 and 20 size, sold as a corvette accessory and dealer installed. That means you get the stock wheels back. If you don't order the Z51, you would have to buy tires as well.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:09 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

Dang, that's a nice picture of the convertible. Those are the base wheels right? Those wheels might look better than the z51 ones.
that picture is BOSS

i think you have your answer right there

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: should a get new 2014 convrtable or couup