Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beautiful new car and old men with belly fat...LOL

Old 06-30-2013, 10:04 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,419 Likes on 2,266 Posts

This thread needs more pics of Mr. Mayor's girlfriend.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:10 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by OnPoint

^ Every Thread, in Every Section, on Every Day, in this Forum, needs more picture of Girlfriends !!!!
Old 06-30-2013, 10:17 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by OnPoint
She likes red sports cars. No fat bellies here!
Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2013, 10:19 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,419 Likes on 2,266 Posts

She has good taste.

Well, in cars anyway. . .

Classy car, and classy lady.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:57 PM
c54u
Melting Slicks

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by Richie Fazio
Hahahahaha I mean not trying to be dis respectful here. I totally understand that a majority of corvette enthusiasts are older men. These are the guys who have kept corvette going throughout the ages. But at least from a marketing perspective for the new car can't we put some young guys and hot girls next to it? Hahaha
Only hot girls.....forget the guys
Old 07-01-2013, 10:33 AM
StingRaycer
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by matthewelle
This is a public service announcement brought you by the concerned members of the CF forum. The more you know....

From USA Today:

They [Doctors] have discovered that people with wide girths are
more likely to have large amounts of deep-hidden belly fat around
their organs. It might be the most dangerous kind of fat and could
increase a person's risk of diabetes, heart disease, stroke and some
types of cancer.

This fat, which is called visceral or intra-abdominal fat, is linked to
high cholesterol, high insulin, high triglycerides, high blood pressure
and other problems. Researchers are investigating whether visceral
fat secretes more inflammatory molecules that are linked to diseases
than other types of fat.

Research also shows that they have large amounts of deep-hidden money in their wallets that can increase the chances of buying a Corvette. hurray:
Old 07-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Big Hammer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm in shape

Round is a shape, so I am in shape, I'm also in line to get my C7. I'm a buyer not a B.S.er.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:06 AM
Blancpain
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roadbike56
Why all the surprise that older men (and women) will be buying the C7. Does anyone think 25 year old college grads can afford them? Hey, this isn't 1970 when you graduated with a Chemistry or engineering degree and within 3 years you're annual salary is twice what a new Vette cost.
Yeah 25 year olds cannot get a brand new Corvette....but used? definitely. But it seems that this redesign is too little too late. The C6 should have been the car to appeal to the younger buyer....as it is, the C7 just might be the last Corvette.

Only one person wrote in Corvette (a C4 ZR1) for this question: What's Your Affordable Dream Car?

http://jalopnik.com/whats-your-affor...-car-609301410

What's Your Affordable Dream Car?

There are dream cars, like the Pagani Huayra, that will probably never come down in price enough to where you could reasonably afford one. And then there are dream cars like the older Aston Martin Vanquish that, while still expensive, isn't entirely out of reach. What's your affordable dream car?P

Basically, any Aston Martin is still an Aston Martin. It's not like Maserati, which has to contend with the reality that there are ugly rebadged Chryslers and rusty BiTurbos still out there sullying a brand. Even the shittiest Lagonda is still a Lagonda.P

Check out this old Vanquish with a Buy-it-Now of $67,900. It's pricey, but that's just barely New Corvette territory and you can do better.P

Let's try to keep it under $100K and, of course, the best $-to-wow ratio is going to make it into AOTD.P
Old 07-02-2013, 01:12 AM
Blancpain
Pro

http://jalopnik.com/ten-affordable-dream-cars-633508052

The list is out of what young people consider affordable dream cars....

Corvette is not one of them. It's sad really.... GM tries to go after the younger market and angers many old timers, and still doesn't capture the envy of the youth.

I love the C7 design, but maybe all these C6 trollers are right...the C7 should have been more traditional looking....after all...cater to the old as they are the only one buying Vettes. Once they all kick off in 10 years or so....no more Vette buyers, so I think the C7 or maybe the C8 is the last of the line.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:17 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Buhma
http://jalopnik.com/ten-affordable-dream-cars-633508052

The list is out of what young people consider affordable dream cars....

Corvette is not one of them. It's sad really.... GM tries to go after the younger market and angers many old timers, and still doesn't capture the envy of the youth.

I love the C7 design, but maybe all these C6 trollers are right...the C7 should have been more traditional looking....after all...cater to the old as they are the only one buying Vettes. Once they all kick off in 10 years or so....no more Vette buyers, so I think the C7 or maybe the C8 is the last of the line.
Once again, Jalopnik FAIL. But, they fail everyday so I'm not surprised.

Dream cars? Really? The Jag XJS? The Volvo P1800? These are better/cooler than a C4, C5, or C6?

Since when is the Ferrari 355 "affordable"? The 355 attacks your pocketbook like Great White Shark attacks sea lions.

The C7 will appeal to younger people because the styling is cooler (which it is) and it has latest gadgets that are cool (which is does) and it's not considered a GM parts bin (which it is less of now than ever).

Getting some respect in Europe would also help but don't hold you're breath.

The rest is marketing. If this thing can beat some pretty exotic cars on the drag strip and the track, then no longer can you call this a "wannabee" machine.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:20 AM
Blancpain
Pro

Originally Posted by Sin City
Once again, Jalopnik FAIL. But, they fail everyday so I'm not surprised.

Dream cars? Really? The Jag XJS? The Volvo P1800? These are better/cooler than a C4, C5, or C6?

Since when is the Ferrari 355 "affordable"? The 355 attacks your pocketbook like Great White Shark attacks sea lions.

The C7 will appeal to younger people because the styling is cooler (which it is) and it has latest gadgets that are cool (which is does) and it's not considered a GM parts bin (which it is less of now than ever).

Getting some respect in Europe would also help but don't hold you're breath.

The rest is marketing. If this thing can beat some pretty exotic cars on the drag strip and the track, then no longer can you call this a "wannabee" machine.

I hope you are right - we shall see in a year or two if kids are interested in the new Stingray.

As for marketing....Porsche had the right idea. Sure kids can't afford New 911s....but they sure can when they get older (or buy used)

Old 07-02-2013, 02:56 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Buhma
I hope you are right - we shall see in a year or two if kids are interested in the new Stingray.

As for marketing....Porsche had the right idea. Sure kids can't afford New 911s....but they sure can when they get older (or buy used)

Porsche commercial - YouTube

That commercial SUCKS. Worst Porsche commercial of all time. Even Porsche people hate it. A cry out for respect: "oh, we're really exotic too!"

Lame. No kid gives a crap about a Porsche. Have a Lambo drive behind that 911 and see where the kid's eyes go.

The 911 may be a great car but no one drools when they look at it. Saying a kid does is just LAME.

Last edited by Sin City; 07-02-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:14 AM
jkcam6017
Burning Brakes

That commercial SUCKS.
Lame. No kid gives a crap about a Porsche.
I saw my first Porsche when I was about 15. I bought my first Porsche 356 Super 90 when I was 31. Drool? No. Want one for those intervening 16 years? Yes.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:44 AM
Blancpain
Pro

That commercial SUCKS. Worst Porsche commercial of all time. Even Porsche people hate it. A cry out for respect: "oh, we're really exotic too!"

Lame. No kid gives a crap about a Porsche. Have a Lambo drive behind that 911 and see where the kid's eyes go.

The 911 may be a great car but no one drools when they look at it. Saying a kid does is just LAME.
If you would actually read posts before commenting, you wouldn't look like a tool. I said Porsche had the right idea. I never said it was the best commercial. Now if Corvette can be marketed to younger buyers (of course not children) maybe in a few years these 20-40 year olds will actually want to buy a vette. That was the gist of my post. Easier for you to comprehend now?

I guess it doesn't matter anyway. With the way the young are screwed with student loans and no jobs, I don't think they will be getting luxury items anytime soon. And I guess with the old fat guy image Corvette people have.... why would anyone want to aspire to join the club?

Last edited by Blancpain; 07-02-2013 at 04:48 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:41 AM
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Richie Fazio
Exactly. And totally agree that the older crowd is the backbone of corvette and I respect that. I'm in my 20s and I love corvettes, and to be honest I'm not a huge fan of the C7 as I really don't like the rear. But at least for the sake of the Corvette brand, if Chevy wants to evolve and change the look of the car to appeal to a younger crowd, then start getting the younger crowd in pics, videos etc with it.
Hey Ritch,Let me tell you a funny story....I bought my first new Corvette when I was 19! an all of a sudden its 2013...although I am not fat nor bald IM OLD, 52 now , it happens...lol I am more into the car now then ever..with a c7 z51 currently on order.....Young old fat or not its not the car but its a lifestyle...So before you Ha Ha Ha all along, remember you will be our age one day and probably still love Corvette!.....;=)

Last edited by vetehead; 07-02-2013 at 05:44 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:51 AM
sardeanie
Cruising

Harley Davidson has been marketing to a younger/diverse crowd for years now. Never any need to alienate the customers that got you there. They were young once too (and probably still feel it).

I've been a Vette lurker for years and I think I'm finally ready to commit. I dig the new design, tip to tail!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:26 AM
CarBoy
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

If GM wants to market to the younger generation then they should show a younger guy standing next to the car texting, tip the gaming companies a few extra bucks to make the C7 the fastest car on X-box....then and only then will the younger crowd want one.

Get notified of new replies

To Beautiful new car and old men with belly fat...LOL

Old 07-02-2013, 10:01 AM
mikeerbC6
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In 3-5-6-7-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

f..you

I resemble that remark
Old 07-02-2013, 10:15 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by gbjerke
A thread full of humor but I am also one of the old farts and will be selling my C6 and picking up a C7. A lot of us types have gone thru raising a family, putting them thru college and retiring. Me thinks I deserve some "past" mid life crisis fun! While I am a real fiscal conservative, my time is limited so don't give a damn. Best of all, my kids all say "go for it". I figure it is not costing me anything as I am just spending part of their inheritance. Beer belly? Yup, got one of those. Six Pack?? Yup, got one of those also but it is hidden by the beer belly. Cheers all.
Why should we be carrying a six pack like the youngsters when we got a keg under our shirt?
Old 07-02-2013, 10:48 AM
vandyke
Intermediate

I think Chevy should plow new fields and become the official Auto Brand of CrossFit. Having Rich Froning and Andrea Ager driving around in a convertible vette would be damn hot.

Although Jeep would be a better philosophical phit(sic).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Beautiful new car and old men with belly fat...LOL