Sponsored by:

Cass Burch Chevy, Quitman, Ga

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 02:12 PM
ammon660
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cass Burch Chevy, Quitman, Ga

So July 16th at about 1pm, I called Cass Burch dealership in Quitman, GA ( I am from Moultrie, GA bout 30 mins away) and asked for sales. I was connected with Duane, and asked if they were one of the dealers that could order C7s'. He told me they could, and then I asked him about ordering one, and he told me I could not order one, and that I would have to pick one of the C7s' already ordered. Obviously I knew this was wrong, so I brought up that I had called Rick Hendrick's Chevy in Atlanta, Ga, and they had just taken an order for a customer. I told Duane I would rather buy the car locally, than have to drive all the way to Atlanta. Just to be clear Duane was cool and gave me info based on what he knew. So after I told him that he took down my info and said someone would call me back with more info. 45 mins later Cass Burch himself called me. He starts off the conversation by telling me that its none of my business how many C7 he is allotted. I told him that I never asked how many, I asked if I could order one to my specs, but his salesman really didn't know much about the C7, and he tells me that he doesn't want him to know anymore about it, and he tells me that is not what the note says. He then tells me that the note says that I called want to buy locally. He goes on to say that if I am trying to help the local economy or get a deal its not going happen. I was pretty pissed off by this point, and I told him that I was looking for a deal. He tells me that in his notes I told his salesman that I called Atlanta dealer. The only reason I brought up the other dealer is b/c his salesman told me I could not order a C7 to my specs. I asked him ABOUT how much of a deposit I would need to put down to order, and he said that this was his money we were playing with, and that my deposit would depend on the options I picked. I understand that but actually this is my money we are talking about. He then tells me that when someone says they want to buy locally that normally means they are looking for a deal/discount. I don't know where he gets that logic from. When I asked him if they knew when the three he already ordered would be here, he told me that they wouldn't spend the night at the factory. I know I should have hung up on this a**hole from the start but I just wanted to see how much of an arrogant dumb ba****d this guy was. So basically guys stay away from Cass Burch for any purchase, b/c if this douche is running their business, its only a matter of time b4 its run to the ground. I did get in contact with Woody Folsom Chevy in Hazlehurst, GA, and they were awesome people to deal with.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:16 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

This same dealership will be doing service work on somebody's C7.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

After I read your post the 1st time I went looking for a map I saw just yesterday that highlighted the 'authorized' 'Vette dealers. I'm sorry to say I can't find it now, but just happened on it yesterday. If someone knows the link, maybe they can post it here. It would be real valuable to those who haven't ordered yet.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Cliff358
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should be here:

http://www.chevrolet.com/new-2014-co.../specs/specs_1

Just click on the "VIEW AUTHORIZED DEALERS" located in the lower right portion of the screen.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:44 PM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

Thanks, that's it. Just couldn't remember where I found it.
Originally Posted by Cliff358
Should be here:

http://www.chevrolet.com/new-2014-co.../specs/specs_1

Just click on the "VIEW AUTHORIZED DEALERS" located in the lower right portion of the screen.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:38 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Hi ammon660,

I deeply apologize for your experience. We value you as a customer and want your Chevrolet, especially The C7, ordering experience to be a positive one. I have documented your concerns. If you would like me to proceed with contacting the dealership please let me know. I am here to help where I can but I do not want to step on toes. I am so happy you were able to get an order in at another dealership that took care of you. Keep me posted,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-18-2013, 10:55 AM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 524 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hi ammon660,

I deeply apologize for your experience. We value you as a customer and want your Chevrolet, especially The C7, ordering experience to be a positive one. I have documented your concerns. If you would like me to proceed with contacting the dealership please let me know. I am here to help where I can but I do not want to step on toes. I am so happy you were able to get an order in at another dealership that took care of you. Keep me posted,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
This is how most Chevy dealers work. I'm surprised you even bothered to write in. My local chevy dealer, who also owns the local Cadillac/Buick (Dale Jr), is so bad I can barely explain it. I was trying to buy a new leftover 2012 Corvette (they still have 6 2012's sitting on their lot, down from the 13 they had just a few months ago, some of them are so old the paint isn't that shiny any more from sitting outside for 2 years). The bottom line is all I wanted was a price. I literally could not get a price out of them for weeks. I gave them comparison prices from other dealers on 2013's and when I finally got a price on a 2012 it was MORE than a brand new 2013. They want you to come in to the dealer so they can jerk you around on financing, trades, and everything else possible to screw you. They tried time after time to try to get me to bring my current Corvette in so they could evaluate it for trade after I told them time and time again that I didn't want to sell the car. I ended up giving up on buying a 2013 all together because it was a pain in the *** to travel hundreds of miles to find a dealer that wouldn't treat me like a piece of **** AND I didn't want to take a new car back to Dale Jr. for service. My father in law has an Avalanche, took it there under warranty because the passenger AC was blowing hot, and they actually returned it to him broken and told him that the job was 'hard to do'. What... the.... heck. He had to argue with them to do work under warranty on a part that was obviously broken.

The dealerships are SO BAD that I just bought my wife a new Infiniti over the Cadillac that we both liked more. Why? Because the Infiniti dealer treated us like people. We actually couldn't stomach bringing a car into the local dealer for service much less deal with their insane sales tactics so we bought a car we liked much less because the dealership doesn't suck.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:08 PM
aub4life
Advanced

Originally Posted by vetteLT193

The dealerships are SO BAD that I just bought my wife a new Infiniti over the Cadillac that we both liked more. Why? Because the Infiniti dealer treated us like people. We actually couldn't stomach bringing a car into the local dealer for service much less deal with their insane sales tactics so we bought a car we liked much less because the dealership doesn't suck.
This why I currently drive an Infiniti. The mechanical services and the personal interaction are above reproach. I REALLY want a C7 but most of the posts about service (car and sales) are making me wonder....
Old 07-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Strongly agree

Originally Posted by aub4life
This why I currently drive an Infiniti. The mechanical services and the personal interaction are above reproach. I REALLY want a C7 but most of the posts about service (car and sales) are making me wonder....
absolutely. I've been checking in on this forum and have learned a lot from a few. Thanks for that.

Flame on:

My experience parallels the above exactly. I've owned '67, '72 and '09 Corvettes and now enjoy a '12 -V Coupe. In between I've owned Lexus, Acura and Infinity, among others, and the experience at dealers is apples and oranges -- in my experience, Chevy and Cadillac continue act like they're doing customers a favor, while every interaction with, especially Infinity, is a pleasure.

I've contacted and visited half a dozen "authorized" dealers around Chicago, including forum sponsors, and the experience truly blows. Finally did get an order in with Jacobs. In general, I think these sales people are failed proctologist-sadists. GM's weakest link is the dealer system. Until the 95% of lousy dealers become marginally competitive, thinking consumers will short GM. I'll enjoy driving my C7, regardless, because my expectations of the related experience is so low.

Flame off.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Pie R Squared
Burning Brakes

I think it would be helpful if GM dealership people were required to take Ethics and Customer Service 101 Training.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:31 PM
harrydunn
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 16 Posts

Car purchases in general would be much improved if you did not have to speak to a single human-being during the process. Order online. Pay online. You get an e-mail stating the car has arrived at the dealership. You arrive at the dealership. The car is behind the building running with the door open and some after-dinner mints in the seats. You get in and drive off, smiling. I've had some awful dealership experiences over the years.

Last edited by harrydunn; 07-18-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:58 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Pie R Squared
I think it would be helpful if GM dealership people were required to take Ethics and Customer Service 101 Training.
It isn't that they don't take those type of courses, it is simply that there is no pass/fail, just points for attendance, whether they get it or not...

Remember, a lot of car sales guys, and I am one, by the way, are not rolling in dough, and need that next "homerun" to pay their bills. This is not a defence for unethical or rude behaviour, it is just a fact of life. Many are honest and straightforward, but a lot of those guys are established, referral based salesmen, not floor traffic guys that you get jumped on by.

It does suck to hear those type of stories.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:07 PM
msm859
Melting Slicks

Received 997 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by harrydunn
Car purchases in general would be much improved if you did not have to speak to a single human-being during the process. Order online. Pay online. You get an e-mail stating the car has arrived at the dealership. You arrive at the dealership. The car is behind the building running with the door open and some after-dinner mints in the seats. You get in and drive off, smiling. I've had some awful dealership experiences over the years.
What you describe is pretty much how you buy a Tesla. Some states i.e. Texas therefore do not let you buy one because the current car dealers object to that system.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:50 PM
Intermediate

Default Musk vs. Franchise Laws

1000+ GM dealerships were eliminated in 2009 and I'm very sorry for the many good people who suffered as a result. One can argue about how well that surgery was thought-through and its results -- pretty mixed, in my opinion. While I live in about the most dense area of Chicago, as a result of the great rationalization, I had to travel more than 17 miles to the suburbs the nearest Chevy dealer. All to purchase an '09 in the midst of the financial s---storm. Most arrogant sales people I've ever dealt with and I NEVER heard one peep back from my salesman. You're welcome, Pete at Jennings. Said Heritage in '09, and nuttin's really changed:

"Analysts have long recognized that the Detroit-based automakers have an outsized dealer network. The excess dealerships are in part a legacy of earlier times, when Detroit sold many more cars than today, and in part the result of demographic and business changes that have made fewer dealers necessary. For years, Detroit automakers have slowly trimmed their networks, but progress has been slow--in no small part due to state franchise laws that made termination difficult"

Sorry, I'll quit pissin.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by msm859
What you describe is pretty much how you buy a Tesla. Some states i.e. Texas therefore do not let you buy one because the current car dealers object to that system.
NY dealers sued... and lost.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:03 PM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 524 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by 26112808
1000+ GM dealerships were eliminated in 2009 and I'm very sorry for the many good people who suffered as a result. One can argue about how well that surgery was thought-through and its results -- pretty mixed, in my opinion. While I live in about the most dense area of Chicago, as a result of the great rationalization, I had to travel more than 17 miles to the suburbs the nearest Chevy dealer. All to purchase an '09 in the midst of the financial s---storm. Most arrogant sales people I've ever dealt with and I NEVER heard one peep back from my salesman. You're welcome, Pete at Jennings. Said Heritage in '09, and nuttin's really changed:

"Analysts have long recognized that the Detroit-based automakers have an outsized dealer network. The excess dealerships are in part a legacy of earlier times, when Detroit sold many more cars than today, and in part the result of demographic and business changes that have made fewer dealers necessary. For years, Detroit automakers have slowly trimmed their networks, but progress has been slow--in no small part due to state franchise laws that made termination difficult"

Sorry, I'll quit pissin.
Where I live, Tallahassee FL, there is plenty of population for our Chevy Dealer. Logic says if anything there isn't enough competition. Too many dealers would mean they would have to fight to get business and obviously they are surviving with the crappy way they are doing it now.

Get notified of new replies

To Cass Burch Chevy, Quitman, Ga

Old 07-18-2013, 04:19 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

odd silence.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:41 AM
Bat7Man
Racer

I have an Infiniti now and could not have been happier with the sales process I went through and the service process as well. I am nervous about the service with the C7, but am fortunate enough to live in a large area with many dealers to choose from. Other than some minor communication issues with my dealer, I have been happy thus far.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:08 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

We drive a lot of Infinities.. However I went to my local Infiniti dealer Wed and no one even approached me in 8 minutes. I drove mine to the dealership . Oh well.

There are exceptional Chevrolet dealers who sell Corvettes. I use Mike Furman at Criswell Chevrolet in Maryland. I live in Pennsylvania. If you are spending over 50K then expect to be treated well or move on to someone who will take care and respect you. Most importantly use Dealers who support the Forum..

Quick Reply: Cass Burch Chevy, Quitman, Ga