C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 hours with the C7= Awesome... Any questions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 02:12 AM
Tnvolrx
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 3 hours with the C7= Awesome... Any questions?

Got to see two C7s today at the NCRS in VA. Impression... Flipping awesome. To anybody who's on the fence, just see one in person and you will fall for it. 1 was the torch red from Detroit and Barrett Jackson - the guys from Hendricks motor-sports brought it down and I couldn't do anything with it but look and drool bc it is just prototype. The 2nd was Tom Hill's ( BG factory quality engineer mngr) CRM Z51. Got to talk to Tom for quite a while, great guy & obviously very knowledgeable. He let people play with every gizmo and gadget in the car, there wasn't a button, ****, driving mode I didn't fiddle with. Only thing I couldn't do was start her up ( we were indoors) and its prob a good thing cause I would be a wanted man right now on my way to Mexico!

If y'all got any questions about the little things, ill try and answer Em if I got to play/test it out. Ill put a couple pics up as soon as I get a chance!
Old 07-26-2013, 05:48 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

LUCKY! I'm waiting for one to come to Los Angeles to play with... Seems Los Angeles is completely getting neglected.

Was there a light in the center console?
Old 07-26-2013, 09:27 AM
Tnvolrx
Advanced

Center console I don't recall, glove box-yes, area behind nav screen-no

Hope LA will get one soon for ya
Old 07-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Plexoer
Pro

Received 374 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Tnvolrx
Center console I don't recall, glove box-yes, area behind nav screen-no

Hope LA will get one soon for ya
Hmm, maybe they changed it because from the Car and Driver video it looks like there is a light in the area behind the navigation screen now.

@ 1:28

Last edited by Plexoer; 07-26-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:45 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Awesome!!! Congratulations on seeing it first hand. How was the seating and cockpit for a 6'2" guy?. Rearview visibility? Front slope of the hood visibility? Fit and Finish? Carbon Fiber (FAY) trim?
Old 07-26-2013, 03:23 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Default Definitive Answer: Large Folks Fit Well

Originally Posted by BPhillyc7
Awesome!!! Congratulations on seeing it first hand. How was the seating and cockpit for a 6'2" guy?. Rearview visibility? Front slope of the hood visibility? Fit and Finish? Carbon Fiber (FAY) trim?
As always, it requires folks to, roperly adjust the seat. Here's a link to a 6'4" person who weights 260 and, according to him, fits in with room to spare.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...-to-spare.html
Old 07-26-2013, 03:38 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Very cool. Thanks for posting.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:59 PM
rothchilds
Melting Slicks

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
LUCKY! I'm waiting for one to come to Los Angeles to play with... Seems Los Angeles is completely getting neglected.

Was there a light in the center console?
the corvette car show held at Petersen's auto museum about 2 months or so ago had it. Cyber gray model. You missed out!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:15 PM
Tnvolrx
Advanced

Originally Posted by Plexoer
Hmm, maybe they changed it because from the Car and Driver video it looks like there is a light in the area behind the navigation screen now.

@ 1:28
Yea it def looks like there is one in that video, maybe I over looked it, it was very bright in the convention center and I had just removed the targa top, so it is possible I missed it. I'm wondering if the headlights or engine have to be on for it to come on, not sure. But good catch in the video.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:01 AM
Tnvolrx
Advanced

Originally Posted by BPhillyc7
Seating and cockpit were very comfortable and ergonomically great! I'm only 5'9 so I can't say for a person ur size but there were bigger guys there def over 6ft who said they felt great in it. ...rear visibility issss uhhh less than perfect. Seeing the vehicle directly behind you is easy, it's gonna be those blind spots that are tough, but i can't say how much worse than the c6, I've only driven one a handful of times. And if that's this car's biggest downfall, then I think we are gonna be just fine ahahah ....overall fit and finish is jaw dropping (not just in comparison to previous vettes, but is right up there vs any luxury brand car or supercar. They were both 3lt so I don't know how much that aided in its quality vs 1lts, had read on here people were worried about the quality of the carpet and I had started to agree that the picks of it looked weird and kinda unpleasant. Lets just say when u get in the car ya don't even notice it. Took me about 45 minutes to remember I should inspect the carpet, upon inspection it's not the highest quality ever, but it also doesn't take away from the rest of the interior. It kinda is just there and doesn't influence my opinion, it's basically like the carpet in the Louvre who knows and if ya don't notice then who cares. ....... Front view over hood feels like your in a vette, same as 60+yrs. = amazing..... Fit and finish -an overall extremely well put together automobile and paint looked great ....both vehicles had the FAY so I couldn't compare it to the alternative but it looked great!
Old 07-27-2013, 02:05 AM
Tnvolrx
Advanced

Couple Pics are here:

http://m.flickr.com/photos/99472818@...6727/lightbox/
Old 07-27-2013, 03:31 AM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Good pics... I also see some of the Hendrick banners. Did hendrick have some Vettes there from his collection?
Old 07-27-2013, 04:06 AM
Tnvolrx
Advanced

Originally Posted by jr3
Good pics... I also see some of the Hendrick banners. Did hendrick have some Vettes there from his collection?
Yea they brought the race car and a couple vettes down from his collection along with the torch Red prototype c7 ... All were awesome. Would love to see his collection in NC sometime.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:36 AM
agapsdiver
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 147 Posts

If y'all got any questions about the little things, ill try and answer Em if I got to play/test it out. Ill put a couple pics up as soon as I get a chance!
By any chance while messing with the main screen, did you notice anything about a "valet mode" to set the car in to reduce power for valets, etc..??

Last edited by agapsdiver; 07-27-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Tnvolrx
Advanced

Originally Posted by agapsdiver
By any chance while messing with the main screen, did you notice anything about a "valet mode" to set the car in to reduce power for valets, etc..??
Naw didn't find that anywhere. But an interesting idea....though i doubt I'd let any valet have the keys to my C7 in any mode
Old 07-27-2013, 01:07 PM
MoabC7
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Naw didn't find that anywhere. But an interesting idea....though i doubt I'd let any valet have the keys to my C7 in any mode
Old 07-27-2013, 02:53 PM
agapsdiver
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 147 Posts

I wouldn't let a valet touch it either. But when I first get the car I plan to take it to a prof. painter to get the "stinger" stripe painted, and don't want to have any employees taking it out for a test drive..

Get notified of new replies

To 3 hours with the C7= Awesome... Any questions?

Old 07-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Tnvolrx
Advanced

Originally Posted by agapsdiver
I wouldn't let a valet touch it either. But when I first get the car I plan to take it to a prof. painter to get the "stinger" stripe painted, and don't want to have any employees taking it out for a test drive..
I got ya. I'd take a picture of the mileage infront of the manager or something. I think I read or heard something about the system records how many rev's the vehicle has had in its lifetime (kinda like a boat tracks lifetime hours on the motor). May be wrong but I'm fairly certain I heard that somewhere.

Edit: I just found a pic of the rev recorder- check my link to the pics I posted a few post earlier

Last edited by Tnvolrx; 07-27-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:15 AM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Yea they brought the race car and a couple vettes down from his collection along with the torch Red prototype c7 ... All were awesome. Would love to see his collection in NC sometime.
He's got a great collection. He also built a private museum for his collection a few years ago. Its generally not open to the public...

But if you want to get a small peak behind closed doors, here's a video one of the local Charlotte TV stations got a while back...

EXCLUSIVE: A look inside Rick Hendrick's Heritage Center Museum

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Exclu...192407201.html
Old 07-28-2013, 04:33 AM
Tnvolrx
Advanced

Originally Posted by jr3
He's got a great collection. He also built a private museum for his collection a few years ago. Its generally not open to the public...

But if you want to get a small peak behind closed doors, here's a video one of the local Charlotte TV stations got a while back...

EXCLUSIVE: A look inside Rick Hendrick's Heritage Center Museum

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Exclu...192407201.html

Holy cow that was awesome! Thanks for the link.

Quick Reply: 3 hours with the C7= Awesome... Any questions?