Going from Torch Red to....?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 05:05 PM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
I've been driving a Torch Red vette for 16 years...it's time for a change. If you are ordering from a TR to another color, what have you chosen? I know I don't want NRB or LRG or metallic red....and coordinating with the interior is utmost. What are some good combos for getting away from red? Pics? I haven't seen Black with Kalahari yet.
Velocity Yellow with black interior..don't have to worry about blue jeans staining the leather
Old 05-05-2014, 05:43 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by AttyVette
Velocity Yellow with black interior..don't have to worry about blue jeans staining the leather
As a matter of fact, I do have black leather!
Old 05-05-2014, 05:51 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

So many great choices with the new c7.....I do think torch red is the best though....

Best of luck with your new corvette..

A real wow for sure.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:36 PM
tractman
Drifting

Received 945 Likes on 414 Posts

I had a really tough time settling on the color as the C7 looks awesome in almost all the colors offered. I just sold my Artic White/Red C6. I finally decided on Torch Red with 3LT Adrenaline Red interior. I almost went Cyber Gray with 3LT Adrenaline Red. I also strongly considered Velocity Yellow but really did not want Black interior as it shows everything. But I've had 3 other Torch Red Corvettes and really love this shade of red....and now the Adrenaline is made for Torch Red which sealed the deal for me.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-05-2014, 09:37 PM
bigblock427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,345 Likes on 1,057 Posts

I am going from Torch Red to Arctic White, which is not on purpose, but that is the way I am programmed I guess. See my signature for my apparent sickness. But in addition to the Vettes in my signature, look at my previous cars before I started buying Vettes. In order of when I bought them

'87 White Firebird Formula
'91 Red Dodge Stealth ES
Then my past Vettes:
'96 Arctic White Vette
'02 Torch Red Z06
'09 Arctic White Vette w/Z51
'10 Torch Red Grand Sport (current Vette)
'14 Arctic White Vette w/Z51
Old 05-05-2014, 09:57 PM
wilburn205
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going back to vy if it ever gets here.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:59 PM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

I've been driving a Torch Red vette for 16 years...it's time for a change. If you are ordering from a TR to another color, what have you chosen? I know I don't want NRB or LRG or metallic red....and coordinating with the interior is utmost. What are some good combos for getting away from red? Pics? I haven't seen Black with Kalahari yet.
I went fom C5 torch red ( black interior ) to crystal red ( I let my wife choose this time ) but I got to choose the interior Gray !!! Wayne
Old 05-05-2014, 10:19 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,069 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

My 1st torch Red and I love it.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:39 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by OnPoint

Too much upkeep for me, but perhaps best overall combo.

I'm leaning hard in the TR direction (and I have a CG which I'll keep).
It's been a very long time since I had a red car (1997 Prelude) and I forgot how well/bad red showed dust and dirt.

To my pleasant surprise, my Torch Red C7 does a decent job of hiding dust/dirt. Almost as forgiving as my Machine Silver C6 from several years ago.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 05-05-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:03 AM
shaan
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 17 Posts

Torch red is the best color

Old 05-06-2014, 01:17 AM
thebiglittledog
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by brightonvette
C4 was white with red interior. C5 is mag red with light oak interior. C7 will be laguna blue with either grey or kalahari interior, need to see how the kalahari looks before a final decision.

Harlan Charles has the LB with grey so that is what he/GM/Chevy must think looks best.
I am at 3000 with a TPW of May 22. Laguna blue Z51 vert kalahari top and int, saw the combo on one and loved it, 2004 C5 black and 2013 GS black, fell in love with the LB
Old 05-07-2014, 07:10 AM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

We bought our daughter a Camaro (black color) when she was a senior in high school. I was ALWAYS washing and cleaning that car. It bothered me to see dust on it (she didn't mind that much) but it made me realize no black colored vehicles for me as I would be washing the car everyday. Own a red 350Z, blue trailblazer, white metallic volt, silver Silverado, charcoal and silver 82 Corvette and VY Corvette C7.

I love all colors but the VY really pops on the C7 IMO and is even more stunning in person. I almost refused to look at the VY Corvette because we went to buy a TR Corvette at a local dealership and was told the TR car was sold. Salesman then said that they had a VY that had just came available. I even said I don't like yellow and salesman said ok but look at it...we started walking away then I said ok..the rest, as they say, is history because I loved the VY when I saw it.

It all comes down to what you like as I think all colors of the C7 are great but I like the flashier (bolder) colors for sports cars myself.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:54 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

My original order was NRB with 3LT Kalahari interior. It took so long to order that I realized that the lighter brighter colors show off the lines of the car better. I love the Arctic White but my last one was Arctic White. Mrs. WKMCD didn't like the Kalahari either.

I decided to go full pimp and my Torch Red Z51 Black 3LT was just completed yesterday. Looking forward to picking it up in the next week or so.

Torch Red FTW!
Old 05-07-2014, 07:58 AM
Tom/99
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts

I had been going between Laguna Blue and Artic White. Now I hear Datona Sunset Orange is going to be offered...
Old 05-07-2014, 09:47 AM
svtkeith
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by AttyVette
We bought our daughter a Camaro (black color) when she was a senior in high school. I was ALWAYS washing and cleaning that car. It bothered me to see dust on it (she didn't mind that much) but it made me realize no black colored vehicles for me as I would be washing the car everyday. Own a red 350Z, blue trailblazer, white metallic volt, silver Silverado, charcoal and silver 82 Corvette and VY Corvette C7.

I love all colors but the VY really pops on the C7 IMO and is even more stunning in person. I almost refused to look at the VY Corvette because we went to buy a TR Corvette at a local dealership and was told the TR car was sold. Salesman then said that they had a VY that had just came available. I even said I don't like yellow and salesman said ok but look at it...we started walking away then I said ok..the rest, as they say, is history because I loved the VY when I saw it.

It all comes down to what you like as I think all colors of the C7 are great but I like the flashier (bolder) colors for sports cars myself.

I agree totally with the bolder colors on a sports car...I always had TR sports and muscle cars but the VY on the C7 does pop and for me is a very close second to the TR and this is the first time I felt this way since I've been buying cars way back in 1977.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:44 AM
REDRWUT
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tractman
I had a really tough time settling on the color as the C7 looks awesome in almost all the colors offered. I just sold my Artic White/Red C6. I finally decided on Torch Red with 3LT Adrenaline Red interior. I almost went Cyber Gray with 3LT Adrenaline Red. I also strongly considered Velocity Yellow but really did not want Black interior as it shows everything. But I've had 3 other Torch Red Corvettes and really love this shade of red....and now the Adrenaline is made for Torch Red which sealed the deal for me.

[IMG][/IMG]
I bought my 2004 torch red new. had it ten years before I ordered a Torch red 2014. I had thoughts of maybe changing to another color but couldn't do it. Torch Red is my favorite. In fact all corvettes are RED.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:59 PM
gregd
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The C7 I have on order will be my 6th Vette. Two were red, (79 and 84), two were black on black, (2008 and one on order), one was gold, (another 84) and one was a funky blue (80) Torch red on red or black on black. IMHO those are the only two color schemes that should go on a Vette. However I realize that MHO is not shared by everyone and to each his own. Buy what you like, you're writing the check!

That said, I wrestled over TR/adrenalin red vs black on black for the C7. In the end, BA won out.

Get notified of new replies

To Going from Torch Red to....?

Old 02-12-2016, 05:00 PM
Red Rochester
Le Mans Master

Received 255 Likes on 135 Posts

Blade Silver it's
Old 02-12-2016, 05:49 PM
bluman
Melting Slicks

Received 349 Likes on 199 Posts

Yup, Torch Red really doesn't show black accents well
Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Bigdog9586
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I went from torch red to black with silver stripes.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Bigdog9586; 02-12-2016 at 05:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Going from Torch Red to....?