Naysayers chased away by positive reviews

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 09:48 PM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
A friend of mine called me and said he could fix me up with Cindy Crawford. I said "is that the chick with the mole?" He said"yes".
I said"forget it"....
You are just upset that her curb weight wasn't as low as you expected even though she switched from regular panties to an ultra lightweight G string.

Every time I hear the new Twizzlers candy ad (soundtrack is Holiday Road by Lindsey Buckingham) I flash back to the first Chevy Chase Vacation movie with Christie in the red Ferrari
Old 08-24-2013, 09:56 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
Seems to me Jimmy your thread is intended to start a fire. For the 100th time the C7 will not be considered a success until the owners report back and the car is not problematic or unreliable. Love it or hate it the car has no track record...PERIOD.

Dan
I wonder, had you been around 10 years ago, if you had been such a debbie downer about the C6 when it was coming out...
Old 08-24-2013, 10:01 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

c7 is a fantastic performer. Theyre starting to get it right. The back end.. no. but the rest of the car is a great step forward.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:03 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by MikeC4C5C6...C7
My 2006 auto coupe has had one problem in 92000 miles, was comfortable and fun always, still draws positive comments from casual onlookers. I still get excited to get in it each day April to October. If my 2014 can only match the 2006 it will be a success for me. (I suspect it may do better!)
I've only had one problem with my '12. It must have a small hole in the fuel tank. I fill it up and around 385 miles later I have to do the same darn thing again ..................
Old 08-24-2013, 10:11 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Fore58
I guess we just have to wait for some Lemons
Is there an RO code for Lemons ? I looked all over the order guide and couldn't find it ......................
Old 08-24-2013, 11:18 PM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,375 Likes on 2,066 Posts

Originally Posted by SkyTopp
Don't count on it I'm sorry to say. The C6 Corvette when introduced in 2005 was already out on the road in customers hands as the 2004 Cadillac XLR. Cadillac had a full year to de bug the platform before the first C6 ever ventured down the assembly line. Your 2006 was the third year that platform was in use and usually by the third year GM finally nails them down. You really can't compare C6 to C7 first year reliability because the XLR was really the first year pilot car for the 2005 Corvette.
Please provide an authoritative cite that the 2004 XLR was based on the C6 platform. All the sources I have found so far say it was based on the C5 platform, in spite of a wheel base that is the same as the C6.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:23 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by SkyTopp
I know and thats because the 2005 Corvette was already in its second year as the new Y platform platform. Read what I said above please.
I wrote a reply, then decided it was too strong. Believe what you want to, Skytopp. You are DEAD wrong on the 2005 C6 having anymore than a passing relation to the XLR, which I pointed out in detail to you, but like every other post of mine, you chose to ignore the bothersome FACTS contained within.

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Jimmy

Last edited by jimmyb; 08-24-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:29 PM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,375 Likes on 2,066 Posts

Originally Posted by Buhma
Yep most of the low level trolls have gone away....only the more intelligent dissenters remain.
I don't know if they are intelligent. They may be, or not. I would say they are persistent.

I am not a big fan of the new Porsche 911. However, I have no desire to go over to a Porsche forum and talk about how it is not a great car; or how I don't like the way the back end looks (or front for that matter).

I think the quality of the C3 Corvettes leaves much to be desired. And the performance of the early 80's cars is terrible. I have spent no time telling all of the people that like those cars how bad I think their cars are. Or post on and on and on and on about the faults they might get, just in case they don't know.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:46 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
Oh come on guys, I have said in numerous other posts that the C6 cars are nine years in and they still have QC problems, why would the C7 be any different?

You know if some of you would simply admit that there will be teething issues it could turn into a conversation as opposed to a conflict or a ridicule.

I don't want to see you who are getting the car be dealing with headaches but it will go with the territory. Maybe a more productive discussion would be what may be problematic on the new car, like the infotainment or AFM.

Going out for a while, enjoy your dinners!
How do you KNOW there will be teething problems?
Best guess?
Historical precedence?
You just LOVE raining on ANY parade involving the C7 and actually KNOW NOTHING (because you don't KNOW what the car will be, reliability wise)?

I would offer that post bankruptcy GM is a different bird. I have a 2011 CTS Wagon that has had ZERO problems. In fact, my 2008 C6 convertible, which I had for 3 years, had ZERO problems (and that was a pre bankruptcy car).

Perhaps you should change your CF name to "The Amazing Kreskin (aka BigDan427)" since you seem so SURE of the C7's future.

Jimmy
Old 08-24-2013, 11:53 PM
OBSSSD
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
Some months ago, it wasn't uncommon to see 5 locked threads on the 1st page of the C7 forum. Now, not so much. After all the hand wringing/nastiness, it appears that GM got the C7 right (based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews by practically everyone).

Jimmy
Either that or those buyers who don't want a Camaro rear end and an engine that runs in 4-cylinder mode have gone elsewhere
Old 08-25-2013, 12:12 AM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

How do you KNOW there will be teething problems?
Best guess?
Historical precedence?
You just LOVE raining on ANY parade involving the C7 and actually KNOW NOTHING (because you don't KNOW what the car will be, reliability wise)?

I would offer that post bankruptcy GM is a different bird. I have a 2011 CTS Wagon that has had ZERO problems. In fact, my 2008 C6 convertible, which I had for 3 years, had ZERO problems (and that was a pre bankruptcy car).

Perhaps you should change your CF name to "The Amazing Kreskin (aka BigDan427)" since you seem so SURE of the C7's future.

Jimmy
Trolls will keep trolling, no matter where they have to move the goal posts to. Remember when they said "lets wait for the road tests before we get too excited"?, now it's "we have to wait for reliability info", what a load of BS. Better to ignore them and concentrate on real useable info, We can argue in circles for months and months with these people and end up right back where we started, Waste of time.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:24 AM
DansVette
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally, I would love to be able to afford a new C7 if I could. I wouldn't buy one based on looks however, I simply do not care for the C7 in that way. I'm certain however that it will be a wonderful performer, and that would be enough for me.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:58 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

Originally Posted by DREAMERAK
Trolls will keep trolling, no matter where they have to move the goal posts to. Remember when they said "lets wait for the road tests before we get too excited"?, now it's "we have to wait for reliability info", what a load of BS. Better to ignore them and concentrate on real useable info, We can argue in circles for months and months with these people and end up right back where we started, Waste of time.
You are exactly right. These guys are like the guys that got all PO'd when the ZR1 came out and dealers were charging over sticker: "I'd buy one tomorrow, but these dealers charging over sticker..." Then it was: "I'll buy one tomorrow for MSRP"....Then it was: "I'll buy one tomorrow if a dealer would do $5K off MSRP".....And then it was: "I'll buy one tomorrow if a dealer would do $10K off MSRP".....
And I am sure none of these tirekickers ever had the money to buy the car in the first place.

And now we have the 2013 version who caution all to "wait for the road tests".....oh wait, the reviews are really good, so now it's "how's the reliability"....and about the time the C8 comes out, these same guys will be asking about the C7's with 150,000 miles on them.
Ah, revisionist history at it's best.

Jimmy

PS. I started this thread and I think I'll bow out. Big Dan and the rest can wax poetic with all their knowledge, based on their ability to see the future, or re-hashing the past, very well known issues with new Corvette generations. Along the way, they will ASSUME (you know what happens then) that the C7 will mirror the past, much like Hyundai of 2013 acts JUST like Hyundai of 1988.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:41 AM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OBSSSD
Either that or those buyers who don't want a Camaro rear end and an engine that runs in 4-cylinder mode have gone elsewhere
I get that you are OBSSSD with the rear end but it's becoming more like OBNOXXX.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:26 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Some months ago, it wasn't uncommon to see 5 locked threads on the 1st page of the C7 forum. Now, not so much. After all the hand wringing/nastiness, it appears that GM got the C7 right (based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews by practically everyone).

Jimmy
They were never Naysayers. They were haters, point blank. Any neutral person saw the C7 for exactly what it was.. the next generation step for Corvette. Those people who simply couldn't be positive about the C7 for any reason, were either emotionally or financially invested in something else. In their eyes, no matter what GM announced on 01/13/13.. the C7 would not be good enough because they already knew what they owned would always be better. Now that actual professional & personal reviews are rolling in and positively BACKING UP what GM announced seven months ago, the life of C7 hater is quickly coming to a dead end. There is simply nothing left for them to bitch about.. other than they do not like the taillights.

Its no secret that MOST C7 haters are recent C6 buyers who are now experiencing buyers remorse that their new car, is suddenly a generation older. Don't forget the occasional C6Z06 guy who swears no base Corvette would ever touch his "premium" Corvette. All of which leaves many bitter people who are either heavily financially or emotionally invested in older car that has now been replaced with a newer, better overall car. My favourite are the guys who can't appreciate the C7 because its base car.. and can only appreciate (or talk positively) about the upcoming, but yet still-to-be announced C7Z version. NEWS FLASH: the C7 is about much more than horsepower. Even the base car is just a better Corvette.. PERIOD. You will spend much more time in your Corvette driving to dinner.. than you ever will ripping up the racetrack.

And please dont take this a C6 hate post. I love cars as much as the next guy. Appreciate ALL cars and very much adore my own 2007 LS2 equipped C6. But I realize that above all: Cars = Technology. And news flash.. technology will always improve. A C7 should be better than a C6. A C6 should be better than a C5. A C5 should be better than a C4.. and so on.

But the same way I have loved my '07 C6. Is the same way I will love my upcoming C7. And a few years from now.. when the C8 gets announced. It will be the same way I will then love my C8 a decade from now. Just like technology, performance, styling, materials, efficiency, continues to progress. I continue to progress along with it. I like my iPhone5.. much better than I do my old iPhone4. Why? Because the iPhone5 is simply a better phone. So this is nothing personal. At the end of the day, I enjoy my Corvette(s) for what it is. An absolutely wonderful material item I own.. which has brought me great joy and incredible memories. And already know that one day it will be replaced by ANOTHER absolutely wonderful material item.. that will bring new joy & unforgettable memories. Who knows, the day may come that material item is no longer even a Corvette. What I do know is that cars are a material item, and material items were built to one day be replaced.

So just like every other car thats been made before. Realize there will always be a better one someday. And get over it already.

Last edited by Daekwan06; 08-25-2013 at 05:32 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:11 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Oh geezus. Is this still going on? I want to point something out...

If you have 3 auto manufacturers and they all have different "status" levels, but all three develop, build and sell a sports car, which sports car is better and what merits do we judge by?

What if all 3 cars perform the same and have the same subjective qualities? What if the manufacturer of each has a quality control stigma attached to it, yet all three cars have the same number of technical service bulletins and recalls?

Would there still be any reason to rag on a specific car or still put one specific car ahead of the bunch?

Porsche has 25 recalls for 2012 year models. Everything from seat belt issues to headlights falling out of the fenders to fuel line and coolant issues. Seriously a lot of issues from the infallible manufacturer.

In contrast, Chevrolet (with it's much more broad model line up) has 24 recalls for 2012 year models. (Keep in mind there was only 1 recall for 2012 Corvettes.)

There's going to be issues for ANY year car because no car is perfect and it's nearly impossible to make one. More importantly, we advance in technology faster than we learn and understand the technology we already had. But the C7 was a model that had some extra years (thanks to the tanking economy) to be engineered better. And saying that the C7 will have problems simply because a previous generation did is quite unfair. By that logic, it means that once a model starts to have problems, it could never be problem free again.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:00 AM
HBJG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of you guys could go on a date with Cindy Crawford and then complain about the mole.

Jimmy
Honestly, that mole is a bit distracting

Get notified of new replies

To Naysayers chased away by positive reviews

Old 08-25-2013, 07:19 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know some of you guys are real clowns! You have no idea how to converse, all you do is go to Wikipedia and spew info and fantasize of how much better the new car is w/out any time on the streets. And you think the car will be flawless, well news flash you're all wrong. Some of you self pleasure every time some rag offers a good review. It really is comical to read, half the fun of this section is watching some of you defend something you don't possess or have never experienced. And I can guarantee not a one of you will express your complaints if you're getting the car.

You make it Big Dan against the C7, wrong again it's BD being a realist. Some of you are so blinded by your own faith you fail to see the reality of what it is. Cars have problems and new cars have more problems, this has been the case throughout history. The fact that anyone would argue these facts just proves my point. It's a car guys and it will have issues, get over it.

Now some of you children can go back to using words like troll and hater, t's your best defense. God forbid you can have a discussion.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:39 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
They were never Naysayers. They were haters, point blank. Any neutral person saw the C7 for exactly what it was.. the next generation step for Corvette. Those people who simply couldn't be positive about the C7 for any reason, were either emotionally or financially invested in something else. In their eyes, no matter what GM announced on 01/13/13.. the C7 would not be good enough because they already knew what they owned would always be better. Now that actual professional & personal reviews are rolling in and positively BACKING UP what GM announced seven months ago, the life of C7 hater is quickly coming to a dead end. There is simply nothing left for them to bitch about.. other than they do not like the taillights.

Its no secret that MOST C7 haters are recent C6 buyers who are now experiencing buyers remorse that their new car, is suddenly a generation older. Don't forget the occasional C6Z06 guy who swears no base Corvette would ever touch his "premium" Corvette. All of which leaves many bitter people who are either heavily financially or emotionally invested in older car that has now been replaced with a newer, better overall car. My favourite are the guys who can't appreciate the C7 because its base car.. and can only appreciate (or talk positively) about the upcoming, but yet still-to-be announced C7Z version. NEWS FLASH: the C7 is about much more than horsepower. Even the base car is just a better Corvette.. PERIOD. You will spend much more time in your Corvette driving to dinner.. than you ever will ripping up the racetrack.

And please dont take this a C6 hate post. I love cars as much as the next guy. Appreciate ALL cars and very much adore my own 2007 LS2 equipped C6. But I realize that above all: Cars = Technology. And news flash.. technology will always improve. A C7 should be better than a C6. A C6 should be better than a C5. A C5 should be better than a C4.. and so on.

But the same way I have loved my '07 C6. Is the same way I will love my upcoming C7. And a few years from now.. when the C8 gets announced. It will be the same way I will then love my C8 a decade from now. Just like technology, performance, styling, materials, efficiency, continues to progress. I continue to progress along with it. I like my iPhone5.. much better than I do my old iPhone4. Why? Because the iPhone5 is simply a better phone. So this is nothing personal. At the end of the day, I enjoy my Corvette(s) for what it is. An absolutely wonderful material item I own.. which has brought me great joy and incredible memories. And already know that one day it will be replaced by ANOTHER absolutely wonderful material item.. that will bring new joy & unforgettable memories. Who knows, the day may come that material item is no longer even a Corvette. What I do know is that cars are a material item, and material items were built to one day be replaced.

So just like every other car thats been made before. Realize there will always be a better one someday. And get over it already.
I suspect many of us are getting tired of your constant remark that C7 haters are C6 buyers with remorse. That is so much crap. That remark can be applied to the owner of any car that is critical of the C7. The real issue is one that has been stated previously. There is no track record of reliability for the C7 and there won't be until people start owning it. Every generation of Corvette has had issues and some even carried into future generations. GM saying that the C7 is totally new with 2 carryover parts may even be problematic. At least some of the old parts in the C5 and C6 were tried and true. The design of the C7 may be a homerun for both styling and content but as any engineer will tell you its in the execution of the design that will determine its long term quality and realiability. That is the number one reason why I will not consider the 2014 model. Its almost guaranteed that changes will be made to the 2015 model due to issues that surface during the 2014 production run.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:47 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,984 Likes on 1,143 Posts

I think a lot of it is ones attitude in life. If you are a positive person or one looking for problems. I have noticed that folks who buy extended warranties for instance have more problems with stuff then those who figure life is good and live it to the max.

But perhaps someone on here can predict the future. I think but could be a child that life can change in an instant. Based on that who of us can wait for any car to be "perfected"?? I say go out and buy it and enjoy it!!!!

If you feel that negative towards GM and Corvette then buy something else. It's that simple, lot to chose from. Nothing is guaranteed and those that are downers........ man their lives must be really miserable.

There are forum members who this week will suffer some tragedy, and for them waiting will not be an option.

So buy it drive it and enjoy it!!!! Being blinded is a good thing sometimes. Means you have a positive attitude and can make lemonade out of lemonade!!!!!! Enjoy the day!!!!

Quick Reply: Naysayers chased away by positive reviews