C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can that battery protection dealio be installed by the dealer at a later date?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 11:45 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Default Can that battery protection dealio be installed by the dealer at a later date?

That seems to me to be a damned fine idea, I like the fact that you can keep the battery charged with a lawn mower extension cord, outlet and a little bit of time, so just as the title says, can it?

Also, can you boost the car with the same cord if the battery is dead?
Old 08-27-2013, 11:54 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
That seems to me to be a damned fine idea, I like the fact that you can keep the battery charged with a lawn mower extension cord, outlet and a little bit of time, so just as the title says, can it?

I'd get a Battery Tender and use an after market male/female connector before I front the bill on a dealer installed GM version of the battery tender.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:00 AM
pgway
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by themonk

You don't need the dealer. The battery protection device plugs into the rear power outlet. Go purchase a Battery Tender with the cigarette lighter connector vand you are good to go. No it will not rejuvinate a dead battery!

Get notified of new replies

To Can that battery protection dealio be installed by the dealer at a later date?

Quick Reply: Can that battery protection dealio be installed by the dealer at a later date?