Sponsored by:

Chevy Website Updated - C7 MyLink Page

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 11:58 AM
GMAN78OR
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Chevy Website Updated - C7 MyLink Page

Just checked the main chevy website and they updated all the Corvette stuff to be the C7. Check out the pics under the "Photos/Videos".

They also have a section for the C7 chevy MyLink: http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-st...vy-mylink.html

So much for working today!!!

Old 08-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Xitablboy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pandora

Do we know if we are limited to Pandora, or will other service's apps (Spotify, MOG) also be available?
Old 08-28-2013, 12:24 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,072 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Thanks for the post. It says that there is a am/fm/cd, I can't see a slot for Cd player

AM/FM/CD

Chevrolet MyLink has classic AM/FM radio and a CD player, but it makes using these features simple and easy. Using Nuance® natural voice recognition or the steering wheel controls, you can change stations, tracks or CDs without taking your hands off the wheel. With MyLink, you can easily access and enjoy music from any source.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Rad22
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Today, it is becoming obvious that Chevy has been undergoing a major and total website update over the past months. I think that with all of the new additions including the one referenced in this thread as well as the configurator and the total upgrade with additional availability of all 2014 manuals, it speaks in firm explanation for why there seems to have been such a delay in the configurator. It was part of the whole package to be released with a complete web update. This is a major undertaking...and pretty nice at that.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:52 PM
GMAN78OR
Advanced

I noticed that. I have been searching pics and the owners manual trying to find it, but no luck. I am wondering if it is like my BMW where the disc changer is in the glove compartment? Or this was just a copy/paste from another car.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:59 PM
dmporter31
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by george vee
Thanks for the post. It says that there is a am/fm/cd, I can't see a slot for Cd player

AM/FM/CD

Chevrolet MyLink has classic AM/FM radio and a CD player, but it makes using these features simple and easy. Using Nuance® natural voice recognition or the steering wheel controls, you can change stations, tracks or CDs without taking your hands off the wheel. With MyLink, you can easily access and enjoy music from any source.
There isn't a CD player. Chevy needs to correct that information, sounds like it's a generic statement which hasn't been updated for the C7.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:03 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,803 Likes on 1,143 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by Xitablboy
Do we know if we are limited to Pandora, or will other service's apps (Spotify, MOG) also be available?
The API to the GM *Link system is publicly available to any developers that want to write to it. It's up to the developers of those other apps to whip something that will work; I wouldn't expect GM to do it.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:06 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by GMAN78OR
I noticed that. I have been searching pics and the owners manual trying to find it, but no luck. I am wondering if it is like my BMW where the disc changer is in the glove compartment? Or this was just a copy/paste from another car.
Copy paste, probably from the 2014 Impala. There is no CD on the C7.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:07 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,803 Likes on 1,143 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by george vee
Someone in the editing department goofed. I suspect they lifted the description off the generic MyLink page. It does NOT have a CD player. If you want to add one, it'll need to be USB-attached.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:11 PM
GMAN78OR
Advanced

Originally Posted by StingrayC7
The CD Player slot is right next to the Black and White TV display behind the LCD screen, along with the 8 Track player. Optional cassette deck and Corvette-embroidered bell bottom pants are available via dealer ordering book.
So what you are saying they don't offer a record player or reel to reel......wait for the young-ins to
Old 08-28-2013, 02:05 PM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

As so many of us are balding and/or greying they did a retro-downgrade to the 33 1/3 or 78 rpm vinyl with the disclaimer needle will jump if used while driving. Turntable slides out under passenger seat. Singles only, not enough height to stack.
Originally Posted by GMAN78OR
So what you are saying they don't offer a record player or reel to reel......wait for the young-ins to
Old 08-28-2013, 02:29 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Xitablboy
It runs through your cell phone any way. It doesn't need to be on the infotainment system. You will plug your phone into usb port and use it that way.

Get notified of new replies

To Chevy Website Updated - C7 MyLink Page

Quick Reply: Chevy Website Updated - C7 MyLink Page