Sponsored by:

If not suede then what?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts
Default If not suede then what?

I did not order the microfiber accents and now may be regretting it. Has anyone seen a car without the microfiber roof liners and A-pillers? Is the material similar to the non-leather dash?

I ordered the 3LT in Kalahari, so don;t know what the remaining interior will look like.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:26 PM
C6Chicago
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbob26
I did not order the microfiber accents and now may be regretting it. Has anyone seen a car without the microfiber roof liners and A-pillers? Is the material similar to the non-leather dash?

I ordered the 3LT in Kalahari, so don;t know what the remaining interior will look like.
I would assume pleather of some sort.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:28 PM
C6Chicago
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not certain but I thought only Brownstone came with the microfiber upper treatment and microfiber on the dash?
Old 08-28-2013, 02:29 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

See this thread.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:45 PM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Thx

It looks ok, and I guess I saved $1000, but I wish it had been standard on the 3LT trim level. In looking through GMer's order status thread where he lists the first 100 orders and options, only 12 of those (by my count) ordered the upper suede option (IWE). Makes me wonder if folks intentionally omitted it or like me did not know any better.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Rad22
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

It looks ok, and I guess I saved $1000, but I wish it had been standard on the 3LT trim level. In looking through GMer's order status thread where he lists the first 100 orders and options, only 12 of those (by my count) ordered the upper suede option (IWE). Makes me wonder if folks intentionally omitted it or like me did not know any better.
I am indeed one of those 100 original orders. The way in which I discovered this option was to carefully go down the computer screen at the dealership at the sales manger's desk and personally make a decision on each and every option available as we were both looking at screen. Otherwise, I might have overlooked it.

That said, I think the standard finish which is a nylon mesh type fabric looks great. I just happen to prefer the look of the suede. I have had Alcantara in several of my previous vehicles and have always liked the look. It's not necessary. It's a luxury.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:46 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

in the cars I've seen, the non-"suede" interiors didn't look bad, cheap or otherwise terrible. in other words, it looked fine to me. and the kalahari is so bold, I doubt if you'll notice the rest.

Get notified of new replies

To If not suede then what?

Quick Reply: If not suede then what?