Question -- configuring performance exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 04:10 PM
alaincayman
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question -- configuring performance exhaust system

One post mention that Fuse 41 is for the Exhaust Valve 2. And the Owner Manual indicates that configuration of the exhaust system includes only two settings -- "Auto" or "Off". "Auto" of course allows exhaust level to be tied to the drive mode, but what does "Off" mean? Is this setting to leave the butterfly valves open or closed (i.e., in Tour mode or in Track mode)? In the same spirit, what will removal of Fuse 41 do -- leave them open or closed? In other words, as I await delivery of my C7 Z51 w/performance exhaust, I wonder if I can select Sport drive mode, but have the exhaust in Track mode. It seems that unlike steering and suspension settings, one can't "mix & match" exhaust and drive modes manually. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Old 09-05-2013, 04:36 PM
LesNessman
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse in, Fuse out, Man switch.....

If it is like the C6, and I expect it is in this regard, with the fuse in the performance exhaust will open the two butterfly valves when called for by the computer based on the drive mode. If the fuse is pulled all four will be open all the time.
There are aftermarket devices which allow manual control of the valves which are known by several names.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:55 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by alaincayman
One post mention that Fuse 41 is for the Exhaust Valve 2. And the Owner Manual indicates that configuration of the exhaust system includes only two settings -- "Auto" or "Off". "Auto" of course allows exhaust level to be tied to the drive mode, but what does "Off" mean? Is this setting to leave the butterfly valves open or closed (i.e., in Tour mode or in Track mode)? In the same spirit, what will removal of Fuse 41 do -- leave them open or closed? In other words, as I await delivery of my C7 Z51 w/performance exhaust, I wonder if I can select Sport drive mode, but have the exhaust in Track mode. It seems that unlike steering and suspension settings, one can't "mix & match" exhaust and drive modes manually. Can anyone help? Thanks!
With all the modes, the control valves just for AFM (on all cars), and the butterflies now being electric instead of vacuum powered I believe this is probably either "book learnin" or "a whole bunch of trial and error" complex.

Get notified of new replies

To Question -- configuring performance exhaust system

Quick Reply: Question -- configuring performance exhaust system