C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What has changed with museum delivery since 1998?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 11:23 AM
2 Ag R8Cs
Race Director

Location: Retired Suffolk County Police Dept NY South Carolina
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What has changed with museum delivery since 1998?

When I got my 1996 delivery they were using Campbell to do the prep, they may have still been using them in 98 I am sure they went with another dealer.

Back n 98 I got a car sticker, a wood plaque, a free tour of the museum (got pretty ticked off when I heard they started charging for tours). If you were lucky one of the tour group got to start a Vette for the first time. If I remember correctly the guy that did the starting's last name was Foote?. Before you got the car it was on display in the museum all roped off and it had your name on it.

From what I read you can pay extra for a photo album. What is included with the album, and are there any other things added to museum delivery that they did not have in 98.

I guess I will have to do some motel research to find out which motel allows dogs, I wonder if I can bring them with me or if the have to stay in the motel and I have to pick up the dogs after delivery..

I do not remember the name of the motel I stayed in back in 96 but I stayed in a Best western in 98.

maybe some people may think it a little strange to allow dogs in a brand new vet but I wonder if anyone has brought their dogs with them and if they did how did it work out?
Old 09-12-2013, 12:49 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

The museum now does all PDI in-house on the cars and has being doing so since before MY2006.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:13 PM
2 Ag R8Cs
Race Director

Location: Retired Suffolk County Police Dept NY South Carolina
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GOLD72
The museum now does all PDI in-house on the cars and has being doing so since before MY2006.
What about factory tours, I think they started charging about 10 or 12 years ago.

I am only a long days drive away so it would not be too hard to make a few trips to watch my car being built. When I live in NY I made the 800 to 900 mile trip in one days long hard drive now I am half the distance in SC. I would love to drive down and follow the car down the assembly line. I am guessing the delivery will be a few weeks after it is built so I can drive home and wait for delivery.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:39 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 Ag R8Cs
What about factory tours, I think they started charging about 10 or 12 years ago.

I am only a long days drive away so it would not be too hard to make a few trips to watch my car being built. When I live in NY I made the 800 to 900 mile trip in one days long hard drive now I am half the distance in SC. I would love to drive down and follow the car down the assembly line. I am guessing the delivery will be a few weeks after it is built so I can drive home and wait for delivery.
Museum Delivery includes an extensive tour. They do charge for the general public tour, and there is another tour available for buyers, not connected to Museum delivery, that is conducted when your car is coming down the line.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:22 PM
MThomas
Safety Car

Received 117 Likes on 92 Posts

The museum delivery area is all new from 1998.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:12 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
Museum Delivery includes an extensive tour. They do charge for the general public tour, and there is another tour available for buyers, not connected to Museum delivery, that is conducted when your car is coming down the line.
Museum size was vastly expanded three years ago as well.

Get notified of new replies

To What has changed with museum delivery since 1998?

Quick Reply: What has changed with museum delivery since 1998?