Sponsored by:

small chevy dealers

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Harts
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default small chevy dealers

when will the small chevy dealers that did not get any allocations be able to order a new corvette ?
Old 09-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Harts
when will the small chevy dealers that did not get any allocations be able to order a new corvette ?
Once the initial allocation has been filled, other Chevy dealers will have to opportunity to order cars as long as they have met all of the required criteria.

Dave
America's Corvette Dealership

email - dsalvatore@cioccadealerships.com
Showroom - 609-344-2100. Ext 1022
Text - 856-535-0407

Follow Ciocca Corvette on Instagram!

Old 09-09-2013, 04:05 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

If they don't have an allocation they can't get a car I thought.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:08 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
Initial allocations for the launch went to dealers that sold at least 4 2013 Corvettes (Dave, please correct me on this.)

That still leaves a lot of dealers that sold Corvettes in 2013 but just didn't make the cut line for the Stingray initial allocations. They have allocations, just not in the first 9 months.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:10 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
Once the initial allocation has been filled, other Chevy dealers will have to opportunity to order cars as long as they have met all of the required criteria.

Dave
And that includes their service department having some equipment specially necessary for the C7 and at least 1 specially GM trained technician doesn't it?
Old 09-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Dave@Ciocca

Originally Posted by talon90
Initial allocations for the launch went to dealers that sold at least 4 2013 Corvettes (Dave, please correct me on this.)

That still leaves a lot of dealers that sold Corvettes in 2013 but just didn't make the cut line for the Stingray initial allocations. They have allocations, just not in the first 9 months.
That's correct. Of over 3,000 Chevy dealers, only 900 qualified for the initial launch. The second allocation will include a few cars to each of these other 2,000 or so dealers if that met the other criteria.

Not all dealer dealers will qualify though. Between required training and tools the dealer would have to spend well over $10,000 to qualify. If a dealer usually sells 0, 1 or 2 a year he may decide that it's not worth paying for all of the training and tools.

Dave

Dave
Old 09-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
not completely accurate (assuming my knowledge on this is still current). If they are rated by GM as a Corvette "capable" dealer... they can get Corvettes without allocations. Think of it this way: dealers with allocations get priority.

Some years - there may be such a demand that non-allocated dealers never are able to order though. I'd imagine 2014 will be such a year for the Corvette.

Once the initial allocation has been filled, other Chevy dealers will have to opportunity to order
or... if orders in place are below production capabilities... non allocated orders can be included in - along with allocated orders... to keep the line moving.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Small dealer in my town who hasn't sold a Corvette since 2010 thinks he can order a sold order and get it. I told his manager you better buy the tools, send a tech to school, and send a salesperson for training. His answer if a dealer enters a sold order for any kind of new Chevrolet it will get built. I said good luck enter a Corvette and it will sit at 1100!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Dave@Ciocca

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
Small dealer in my town who hasn't sold a Corvette since 2010 thinks he can order a sold order and get it. I told his manager you better buy the tools, send a tech to school, and send a salesperson for training. His answer if a dealer enters a sold order for any kind of new Chevrolet it will get built. I said good luck enter a Corvette and it will sit at 1100!!!
You should have asked him to place an order. It would be funny to see his reaction when he logged in to GM and the Corvette doesn't even show up in his drop list!

Dave
Old 09-09-2013, 09:15 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When the initial allocations are used and additional dealers are allocated, about one-third of the Chevrolet dealers will still have no allocation. This has been true since the introduction of the C5. Before the C5 every Chevrolet dealer got at least one allocation every year, but as it happened about one-third of the dealers used less than two allocations every three years, including a great number who never used a Corvette allocation. So there was a time, long long ago . . . .

What your dealer could do, something some ex-Chevy dealers did for a while, is have a dealer with allocation put the order in and then buy the unit and resell it to the retail buyer. Chevy may have stopped this practice: a few months ago I got a letter from a dealer who no longer has a Chevy franchise (he still has the Ferrari franchise for SE Michigan, go figure) stating he can no longer do this.

Laborsmith
Old 09-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Rob2000Vette
Intermediate

Has anyone tried to go to a dealer that does not have allocation and place an order. If so did Chevrolet accept the order?
Old 09-12-2013, 07:38 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by Rob2000Vette
Has anyone tried to go to a dealer that does not have allocation and place an order. If so did Chevrolet accept the order?
In the initial round, dealers without allocation can't place an order. The Stingray won't even appear in their list of vehicles to order. It's as if it doesn't even exist in their system.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 474 Posts
Tech Contributor

In 2009, after Lehman Brothers and the bail out, you could not give a C5 away. It stopped BG in their tracks. People like Dave and Rick picked up the baton and started working very hard to sell vettes, when other dealers just told Chevy to shove it.

Congrats to the dealers that are now getting allocation based on past sales, and trained their guys.

And congrats to Chevy: Dance with the one who brung ya.....

Last edited by Glen e; 09-12-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:24 PM
GreenC7Z-51
Heel & Toe

Another option is order the car at a big dealer and have it delivered through your dealer.

This is a simple solution offered to me by Rick Hendricks in Duluth GA. They are a high volume dealer, and have open allocations which they are starting to fill with dealership orders at the last min. before they loose them. I understand its a use them or loose them with each allocation at this point.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:40 PM
kstine98
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Glen e
In 2009, after Lehman Brothers and the bail out, you could not give a C5 away. It stopped BG in their tracks. People like Dave and Rick picked up the baton and started working very hard to sell vettes, when other dealers just told Chevy to shove it.

Congrats to the dealers that are now getting allocation based on past sales, and trained their guys.

And congrats to Chevy: Dance with the one who brung ya.....
Old 09-12-2013, 11:50 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

I will be ordering mine around Dec / Jan...will there be allocations available (from the big guys like Mike Furman, Dave etc) or will I be SOL?

Gotta wait due to the um...wife...

Get notified of new replies

To small chevy dealers

Quick Reply: small chevy dealers