Sponsored by:

GM WorkbenchOrder

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Art's C7
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM WorkbenchOrder

I have a WorkBenchOrder with all the options and pricing from my dealer that has an order number. When I check the order number on the Chevrolet order status it shows that it is "Ordered". The order was placed 9/04 for a convertible and no one seems to know when they will be built?

Any ideas here. Thanks
Old 09-09-2013, 10:13 PM
blksw4n
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Depends on your dealers allocation. Did your dealer tell you that info?
Old 09-09-2013, 10:29 PM
Art's C7
Instructor

Default Dealer conversation

He said they don't have a problem with allocation and mine was the first convertible order. All others have been coupes which are under production now. He seemed to think the vents would be in production in the 4th quarter.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:30 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

I ordered a convertible two months before you did and mine is still in the "order placed" status. As mentioned, it all depends on what allocations your dealer has and where you stand in line for them. My dealer has 4 convertible allocations and I am number 3, so I don't expect a car much before the end of the year.

That being said, some of the larger corvette dealers are showing some of their convertibles are in status 3000, which would fall in the "Queued For Production" status on the GM Chevy Order Tracking page. These are probably the initial cars for convertible production.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Art's C7
Instructor

The dealer is a buddy of mine and I am at the head of his list at his dealership. They are the largest Chevrolet dealer outside Chicago in Illinois. The manager thought production was 4th quarter and said maybe January, but I know he doesn't want to give me a short date and not make it.

What did you order?
Old 09-09-2013, 10:43 PM
blksw4n
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I know your connection is to a large Chevy dealer, but if they don't sell a lot of Vettes, it doesn't matter.

Hope you get more info soon, but you might have been better off going with Conti.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:47 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by Art's C6
I have a WorkBenchOrder with all the options and pricing from my dealer that has an order number. When I check the order number on the Chevrolet order status it shows that it is "Ordered". The order was placed 9/04 for a convertible and no one seems to know when they will be built?

Any ideas here. Thanks
This is the only estimated info we had for the convertible order placement in regards to their build weeks - subject to, your order was released from his allocation

Will be about a month or so before GM pulls more convertible orders
Old 09-10-2013, 07:51 AM
Rich427
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by RickConti@Coughlin
Will be about a month or so before GM pulls more convertible orders
Rick, why do you think they pulled some convertibles in the last couple consensus but won't pull anymore for another month or so? Since the majority of the parts and assembly are the same as the coupe, will the QC hold time be less for the convertibles?

BTW, my vert order went to 3000 on 9/3

Thanks for the information!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:34 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich427
Rick, why do you think they pulled some convertibles in the last couple consensus but won't pull anymore for another month or so? Since the majority of the parts and assembly are the same as the coupe, will the QC hold time be less for the convertibles?

BTW, my vert order went to 3000 on 9/3

Thanks for the information!
This is what GM said.....I know from our total number of allocation, convertible is a very small part of it, so don't expect large volumes just yet....they are still pacing themselves is all and the convertible orders are pulled 2 months ahead of schedule, so thats cool
Old 09-10-2013, 08:55 AM
Harry2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 403 Likes on 222 Posts

I had a deposit in place since March, finally placed my vert order Saturday, it was confirmed by the dealer Monday [one vert slot available] and order number assigned, this morning Chev Tracking already has the below message in place, can I assume this means status 2000?

"Congratulations on placing an order for your new Chevrolet. Your dealer has received an order number from Chevrolet. Once your dealer has an available production slot, your order will be scheduled for production."

Last edited by Harry2; 09-10-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:40 AM
Art's C7
Instructor

My dealer has an allocation of 14 Cpe and 6 verts in the first round of allocation so I should be in the mix. Just waiting like a little boy waiting for a new bicycle.

Get notified of new replies

To GM WorkbenchOrder

Quick Reply: GM WorkbenchOrder