Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got questions re Stingray shipping & delivery? Ask GM's John Fitzpatrick

Old 09-19-2013, 05:53 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Could be some Special Editions under "Invisibility Cloak" car covers.
Probably they're on their way to a super secret submarine base in Flint, MI for shipment to Africa as part of a deal by the State department. Very hush---hush, so they have to be invisible, otherwise everyone would know about the submarine base.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:04 PM
isdnews
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please ask him what the CURRENT QC hold time is for cars being built NOW (not those in the first few weeks of production) ... and please don't let him get away with the scripted
"we want a world class sports car, and we won't release any car before it's perfect" line.

On average, HOW MANY DAYS will CURRENT BUILD cars be held in QC?
Old 09-19-2013, 06:14 PM
Desmtg
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 46 Posts

GM builds what we believe is going to be a world class car. Some of us have been ready since January 13! The only reliable information we get is from this forum and the GMer.

GM could have used this as a great marketing tool for the last 8 months and going forward.
When I order my Stingray I get the order number and a special web site for tracking.
You go to the web site and set up a user name and password. Then you can go on the site daily, or several times a day for some of us, and we have access to all the build status codes from 1100 to 5000. You could expand that list of codes and give then names that really describe what is happening.

What is 4D00 and what is the difference from 4B00????

Why not have........
You Corvette is completed
Your Corvette is in our quality hold to ensure the best possible car
Your Corvette has passed quality control and is stored in our parking lot for shipping
We have requested that the shipper scheduled you car
The shipper has scheduled pickup of your Corvette
Your dealer has been invoiced
Your car has been delivered to the dealer

We are just excited and some accurate information would go along way to make us happy owners.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:19 PM
TurrizT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I echo the question about the time they expect it to take from 3800 to 4200 over the coming weeks/months.

I believe the reason the customer service information has been so vague is due to several reasons, including a lack of confidence in the timing of the build process, resulting in them not wanting to commit to build dates and delivery dates for customers.

So an appropriate question would probably NOT BE "why does customer service suck"
But maybe we should ask: "Is GM/Chevrolet aware of the current frustrations experienced by corvette customers related to knowing accurate info on build dates and deliver dates? If so, is there anything in place to improve this in the near future, so that GM can better compete in this department with their foreign competitors especially those in the $50k+ price range"?

When I ordered my new Audi S4 and my new BMW 330, they gave me a month when I could expect the car, but after a few weeks they knew EXACTLY which week I could expect the car to be delivered, and it was accurate, and they had great details along the way.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:21 PM
Desmtg
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 46 Posts

Another thread has info about cars shipped to Nashville for a final review?
It says "a number of cars". It just a select few or ALL cars?
Why after sitting on the lot for 3-4 weeks are we doing a final review?
Why can you give a time frame?
Old 09-19-2013, 06:25 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Probably they're on their way to a super secret submarine base in Flint, MI for shipment to Africa as part of a deal by the State department. Very hush---hush, so they have to be invisible, otherwise everyone would know about the submarine base.
Joe you are going to lose your clearance if you keep telling secrets...might as well change your username to WikiLeakes
Old 09-19-2013, 06:36 PM
TurrizT
Racer

Originally Posted by Desmtg
Another thread has info about cars shipped to Nashville for a final review?
It says "a number of cars". It just a select few or ALL cars?
Why after sitting on the lot for 3-4 weeks are we doing a final review?
Why can you give a time frame?
This comes off as a lack of confidence in their own processes, employees or vendors.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:37 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by 1320vetteran
Joe you are going to lose your clearance if you keep telling secrets...might as well change your username to WikiLeakes
I know. The place is so secret that the 10,000 people in Detroit that work there don't even know about it. They just cash their government paychecks each month and continue doing what they did before they went to work at the submarine base....nothing....
Old 09-19-2013, 06:49 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith@VetteFinders
Hi All

Tomorrow morning I have the opportunity to interview Chevrolet's John Fitzpatrick regarding the C7 Corvette. Specifically we will be asking him about the announcement that Corvettes are shipping and other questions about the delivery process. We wanted to solicit the forum for questions because we know you have questions as well. If so, please reply to thread.

Here's a couple of questions we plan on asking:

If buyers can keep the car covers
Shipping using Trains
Size of shipping fleet
How long to ship the current inventory (approx 1,000)
What to expect from dealers (who will doing this for the first time too)

I'd love to present him with some questions from the Forum so please ask away. We'll have his responses available later in the day.

Here is our previous interview with him which was about orders and TPWs:
http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2013/...ette-stingray/

And here is what we've been waiting for!

I'll answer the first question. Yes the buyer can keep the car cover.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:56 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Ask him if he, and/or others with Team Corvette, follow the posts on Corvette Forum?

Old 09-19-2013, 07:04 PM
GM'er
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 62 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by zipcode
I have 3 questions:

1) Will GM consider extending the validity of the $1000 discount vouchers (expires 30th Sept) for the buyers whose cars have been built but not invoiced/delivered yet?

2) Given that it's already fall, will GM consider offering the all-season michelins as a no-cost (both dealer and factory installed) option?

3) Can they give GM'er a raise and a big bonus?

Thanks
Old 09-19-2013, 07:18 PM
Rich427
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 29 Posts

Since he is the head of Marketing, I would ask him when will they have a working configurator that will help buyers select options and colors for a C7.

This won't help most of us that have orders already into the system, but it certainly is a frustrating point that we had to scrounge whatever pics we could get our hands on to look at possible color combinations due to the lack of an effective configurator.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:26 PM
Philr56
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith@VetteFinders
Hi All

Tomorrow morning I have the opportunity to interview Chevrolet's John Fitzpatrick regarding the C7 Corvette. Specifically we will be asking him about the announcement that Corvettes are shipping and other questions about the delivery process. We wanted to solicit the forum for questions because we know you have questions as well. If so, please reply to thread.

Here's a couple of questions we plan on asking:

If buyers can keep the car covers
Shipping using Trains
Size of shipping fleet
How long to ship the current inventory (approx 1,000)
What to expect from dealers (who will doing this for the first time too)

I'd love to present him with some questions from the Forum so please ask away. We'll have his responses available later in the day.

Here is our previous interview with him which was about orders and TPWs:
http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2013/...ette-stingray/

And here is what we've been waiting for!

Mr Fitzpatrick, We realize the significance of quality control with the roll out of a new model, but there's been a stream of misinformation and rumor about the "quality control holds" being placed on the new C7s. I'm certain the first consensus customers and those of us waiting in the wings to order our new C7 would like someone from GM/Chevrolet/Corvette to provide an official statement so that once and for all, we can understand what is going on. Your candor would be much appreciated.

Respectfully

Phil Rhodes/Future C7 owner
Old 09-19-2013, 07:36 PM
larry knapp
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

When will production of the convertibles begin?
Old 09-19-2013, 07:38 PM
mwraydixon
Heel & Toe

Default new deliveries

When I ordered my C7 from the dealer, it was the 12th car ordered by the dealer. When the first 20 were set for delivery to the dealer, my was not one of them. What's up?
Old 09-19-2013, 11:34 PM
jgeer
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are any initial releases of 2014's going to Dealers by rail-specifically those shipped by Jack Cooper to their Nashville terminal?
Old 09-19-2013, 11:42 PM
CorvetteDude2014
Cruising

Ask them why they announced the cars were "Shipping" yet no one has reported their car as actually shipped! Sounds like BS !

Get notified of new replies

To Got questions re Stingray shipping & delivery? Ask GM's John Fitzpatrick

Old 09-20-2013, 12:01 AM
cebars
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pgway
Yea - Ask him why his Marketing team can't step up and offer World Class Customer Service as the Engineering team has designed a World Class Super Car?
Very LAME!
I believe that the Marketing guys, like Harlan Charles, have done a terrific job over the last year or so of creating a buzz about this vehicle that is seldom seen in the automotive world.

Porche and Ferrari owners committing to buying a Corvette before they have even driven the C7!!!!!

Lots of interest/orders from the younger demographic too.

Hope all those who have placed orders get to enjoy your cars soon.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:16 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by CorvetteDude2014
Ask them why they announced the cars were "Shipping" yet no one has reported their car as actually shipped! Sounds like BS !

Prob. because they are quickly running out of space in the BG lot.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:38 AM
C7GrandSport
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I too would like to know about getting an extension on the $1000 Private Offer that expires 9/30. For those of us that have built cars, it's not our fault if they don't make it to the dealer by that date. In speaking to the marketing department, they don't seem to have any consideration for someone buying his 5th new Corvette.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got questions re Stingray shipping & delivery? Ask GM's John Fitzpatrick