C7 - Top Gear Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 06:36 AM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by blankusername
Can't say how I know this, but the original concept was to race the C7 against a Porsche 911 and 'ghost' the images like in a video game. At the last minute, GM would not allow ANY comparisons vs. any other car. This sent the show scrambling to come up with another concept. Shame on GM for not having the guts to man up on what appears to be a fantastic car. Even if it didn't match the 911, it's HALF THE PRICE!

And for the haters of the US version, yeah, we get it, the UK version can do no wrong. There are absolutely NO moments in the UK show that feel fake, forced or scripted (sarcasm included.) How about you do that thing where you change the channel? Or maybe you haven't watched the US version more than a few times, or given them a chance to grow on you? Or maybe the English accent fools you into thinking that they are so clever and so smart. Perhaps you don't realize that the majority of Brits find the UK version daft and unrefined.

Of course the original show with a gazillion seasons under their belt is better - ummm... duhhhh. But do you know that the US version is a BBC co-production? Do you know that many of the staffers are British and have actually worked on the UK Version?

The first several times that I watched Kramer on Seinfeld enter a room so dramatically, I thought, "what is up with that over-the-top actor?" But after awhile, I settled into his character and began to appreciate him. Give the show a chance for goodness sake and realize, yeah, it's different.

That's my rant for now. Enjoy the show - or don't - and enjoy your Vettes!
Nailed it..The show has gotten better...I also thought Tanners comments on the C7 were luke warm..ignore the C7 (if you can) and actually listen to what he said...it doesn't matter to me I still want the Z07 when produced...
Old 09-26-2013, 09:18 AM
VIN666
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't stand TG UK.
When I saw the first episode of TG US I though: "Wow, this might actually be good."
Having Tanner is a huge plus.
A guy that knows how to drive as the host of a car show - what a novel concept!
However, the Italian Idiot and the Bearded Weirdo make the show almost unwatchable.
Add to that, that they quickly resorted to destroying classic cars as their go to solution for entertainment and you can pretty much count me out.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:30 PM
RocketGuy3
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gthal
And a very expensive decision too... even for some drivers who "think" they don't need the nannies (not directing that comment at anyone here). Sometimes ego and testosterone get in the way of good decisions. Some people definitely can run nanny-less without issue but those folks are very skilled and experienced when doing so in a car like a C7 or they will eventually be writing a cheque.
Yeah, I wouldn't turn off the nannies on the street... Other than maybe traction control here and there for a parking lot or stoplight burnout when no one's around, heh.

... But on the track... Hell, actually I'd be a little timid to do it on the track until I got pretty comfortable with the car, too, heh.

Quick Reply: C7 - Top Gear Tonight