Yesterday at the Museum

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 12:52 AM
DoTheyMakeOtherCars?
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Default Yesterday at the Museum

Museum Delivery yesterday was totally awesome and if you get a chance to do it you should. The factory tour alone is worth it, every penny. Dave Tatman the plant manager even came over and talked to us a while in the plant. The employees at the museum are wonderful and they all cheer as you ride out of the museum in your car. So fun. We had a great trip and drove home 867 miles to Houston thru Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas and on to Texas. The ride home was a blast. People were giving us the thumbs up and asking us to roll the window down so they could talk to us about the car when we were stuck in traffic. Every time we parked the car someone talked to us about it. One couple chased us from Corky's BBQ in Memphis to the gas station to get a peek at it and take pictures. All along the way people were taking pictures and videos of it. When I got home and was trying to wash it and clean the bugs off (few considering the miles) , a police officer in my little city stopped and told me to get out there and punch it LOL and others I did not know kept stopping as well. My brother did all of the driving home so I have a lot to learn. The visibility out the back is way different from the C6 and takes some getting use to. I have a ton to learn yet about the car, lots of manual reading ahead, but I love it so far. I know many of you prefer the Z51 and black wheels, so feeling like I bought "old school" I was surprised to see how many visitors to the museum came over to me to tell me how much the loved the car. Nothing but fun times ahead...

Old 10-03-2013, 01:07 AM
Eagle Ray 7
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome!
Old 10-03-2013, 01:27 AM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 10-03-2013, 01:55 AM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Awesome indeed. Congrats
Old 10-03-2013, 02:06 AM
mikeinaustin
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More pics please!
Old 10-03-2013, 02:24 AM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

My C7 will be a museum delivery. I've alreay made up my mind.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:03 AM
Xfactors
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DoTheyMakeOtherCars?
The ride home was a blast. People were giving us the thumbs up and asking us to roll the window down so they could talk to us about the car when we were stuck in traffic. Every time we parked the car someone talked to us about it. One couple chased us from Corky's BBQ in Memphis to the gas station to get a peek at it and take pictures. All along the way people were taking pictures and videos of it. When I got home and was trying to wash it and clean the bugs off (few considering the miles) , a police officer in my little city stopped and told me to get out there and punch it LOL and others I did not know kept stopping as well.
So this is what we're in for, when we get our new C7's? Okay.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:48 AM
VRMMMM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is these moments in life that makes you smile
Old 10-03-2013, 06:02 AM
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very Nice!!you are so right Museum delivery is unforgetable!...enjoy!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:34 AM
Mardis Gras
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Old 10-03-2013, 06:44 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Museum Delivery yesterday was totally awesome and if you get a chance to do it you should. The factory tour alone is worth it, every penny. Dave Tatman the plant manager even came over and talked to us a while in the plant. The employees at the museum are wonderful and they all cheer as you ride out of the museum in your car. So fun. We had a great trip and drove home 867 miles to Houston thru Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas and on to Texas. The ride home was a blast. People were giving us the thumbs up and asking us to roll the window down so they could talk to us about the car when we were stuck in traffic. Every time we parked the car someone talked to us about it. One couple chased us from Corky's BBQ in Memphis to the gas station to get a peek at it and take pictures. All along the way people were taking pictures and videos of it. When I got home and was trying to wash it and clean the bugs off (few considering the miles) , a police officer in my little city stopped and told me to get out there and punch it LOL and others I did not know kept stopping as well. My brother did all of the driving home so I have a lot to learn. The visibility out the back is way different from the C6 and takes some getting use to. I have a ton to learn yet about the car, lots of manual reading ahead, but I love it so far. I know many of you prefer the Z51 and black wheels, so feeling like I bought "old school" I was surprised to see how many visitors to the museum came over to me to tell me how much the loved the car. Nothing but fun times ahead...

Not everyone..... Congratulations, awesome looking car..
Old 10-03-2013, 07:04 AM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Congrats Joy.

Our car is in transit and should arrive at the dealership today or tomorrow. We may take it to the Houston Coffee and Cars this Saturday morning (at Reliant), and for sure to the Saturday evening gathering at The Home Depot in Kemah. You should try to join us.

Anthony

Last edited by zhopper05; 10-03-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:31 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Congratulations!!!!!!! Getting the delivery at the museum makes it all the more special!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Tom/99
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts

Old 10-03-2013, 01:14 PM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Beautiful car.

Congrats!
Old 10-03-2013, 01:36 PM
shaan
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 17 Posts

oh wow how cool, i was stalking your car on the museum camera, what a beauty congrats
Old 10-03-2013, 01:47 PM
ontcanuck
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 58 Posts

We in Canada cannot get the Museum Delivery, bummer. This is the e-mail I just received from the Museum.

Unfortunately, the R8C option is not available on Canadian orders. I can tell you that it is being analyzed and under review. Hopefully, it will become available in the future.

Get notified of new replies

To Yesterday at the Museum

Old 10-03-2013, 03:12 PM
DoTheyMakeOtherCars?
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by zhopper05
Congrats Joy.

Our car is in transit and should arrive at the dealership today or tomorrow. We may take it to the Houston Coffee and Cars this Saturday morning (at Reliant), and for sure to the Saturday evening gathering at The Home Depot in Kemah. You should try to join us.

Anthony
Yay!!! I'm so glad you are getting your car!!! That is awesome! Can't wait for the pics. I have to go back to work tomorrow after 4 days off and I'm afraid I may be so far behind I may not get to have much fun this weekend. We'll see. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:23 PM
DoTheyMakeOtherCars?
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Xfactors
So this is what we're in for, when we get our new C7's? Okay.
Believe me you are. I went out to lunch today and immediately when I got out of the car a van pulled up and it was an ex Bowling Green GM worker and he was shocked to see someone had one already, it was the first one he had seen and he took pictures. He asked if I was a GM worker in a test car. I went in and ate, came out and there were then several C6 Corvettes in the lot (word spreads quick) and people driving by and stopping behind it to look at it, I almost couldn't get out LOL. I went back to the dealership today also to get my inspection and they were delivering two more. As I drove there a truck was breaking his neck to video it, LOL. Crazy stuff. My friend said it would end when I got my plates for it. I don't think it will end until you see enough around that they are no longer so unique to see.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:12 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

.................. I don't think it will end until you see enough around that they are no longer so unique to see.
BINGO!!

Quick Reply: Yesterday at the Museum