Sponsored by:

2LT/3LT and Aftermarket

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 07:57 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Default 2LT/3LT and Aftermarket

I'm coming up on having to place my order in about 3-4 weeks and really went back and forth on color choices.

First this post assumes you do not care about NAV. I do not want NAV nor need it so when I look at the cost of a 3LT interior its just for the leather/dash, that's it so that is how I'm making my comparison.

GM has left a huge hole for the aftermarket to fill. I started looking at Caravaggio interiors for the C6 and their pricing. I spoke with John tonight also and for those going back and forth between 2LT and 3LT assuming the dash cover is not that important, like in the 3LT Red package its going to be almost dollar for dollar to go aftermarket. Get the same layout as the Red interior in 3LT, much better materials and even more color choices if you like the red 3LT layout. To match a Brownstone or Khalahari layout its going to cost a bit more but again material quality is much higher.

I'm sure people won't like hearing this but reality is the Napa leather is barely any better than the stock leather or even the 1LT pleather.

Now this changes my color choices again because I can do whatever color I want and now am going back and forth between White and CRM with a true Ferrari tan interior combo.

I always thought Caravaggio and the like to be one of the last things I'd consider spending money on because it cost so much to redo a C6 interior and really you were putting a pretty face on a not so pretty interior.

Take the 4K you were putting towards your 3LT, do it aftermarket, and end up with something much higher quality in the color combo you want.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:40 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,070 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

I got the 3LT red interior and the fit and finish is outstanding.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:54 PM
Axelrod
Team Owner

Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts

If you truly cannot appreciate the sensory perception difference between a 2LT and 3LT interior.. opt for the 2LT.

Get notified of new replies

To 2LT/3LT and Aftermarket

Quick Reply: 2LT/3LT and Aftermarket