Sponsored by:

** C7 Reported issues and resolutions thread **

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 07:05 PM
Durnberg
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Not sure if this related to the issue previously reported (posts 9 and 30) but it does differ in that the flickering and patchy screen was not previously experienced. Today the Infotainment System screen started flickering, real fast and patchy. I pushed the home button and the screen went dark, basically off. After a couple of minutes pushed Home button again the the home screen appeared as normal, pushed Audio and the same thing happened, flickering and patchy. I hit the home button and the Home screen appeared, I figured I would wait until I exited the turnpike, wait for a red light, push Audio and be ready to take a picture. Of course when I pushed Audio, it functioned perfectly. Regardless, I am taking my car to the dealers on Monday and will post update when I have one. FYI, I was offered $5,000 over what I paid (which includes taxes) for my C7 today. For all the negative people out there, why don't you just get a life, no one is listening anyway. With Z51 on constraint, I turned the offer down. CRT, 3LT Kalahari, Z51. MRC, NPP, 712 miles.

Last edited by Durnberg; 10-19-2013 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 10-19-2013, 08:12 PM
dockimura
Heel & Toe

Not sure how to describe this. It seems like when trying to turn tightly while driving slowly(parking lot), the tires start "sliding" as though the car is pushing the tires instead of them rolling. Significant feedback through the steering wheel accompanied by hearing the tires.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:23 PM
pittperson
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dockimura
Not sure how to describe this. It seems like when trying to turn tightly while driving slowly(parking lot), the tires start "sliding" as though the car is pushing the tires instead of them rolling. Significant feedback through the steering wheel accompanied by hearing the tires.
Completely normal. This is even called out in the owners manual.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:28 PM
dockimura
Heel & Toe

Thank you so much for the reply. I assumed it was because the tires are wide and the car will push when the tire angle gets past a certain degree.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:59 PM
CCDawg69
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This has been mentioned in this thread but here goes again. It is a crap shoot when I get in my car whether my volume controls, favorite controls, and voice controls will work on the steering wheel. I worked through it once with the Infotainment Hepl Line and got everything to work by "forgetting my device" on Bluetooth and disconnecting my iPhone from the "Settings" menu on the car, then reestablishing everything. But the problem continuously comes back. Then mysteriously everything will work normally when I get in the car other times. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 10-19-2013, 10:11 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,512 Likes on 2,317 Posts
C7 & C8 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year (track prepared)
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C7 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

VIN 1786 - list of problems to date:

1) Memory seat recall doesn't function properly.

2) Flickering nav screen.

3) Hands free phone system cutting off calls.

4) Paint issues on b pillar, fenders, rear, 3rd brake light, and doors (significant paint runs on rear quarter, b pillar, and doors, debris in paint on b pillar and front fenders, divots in right fender paint - photos in this thread: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...the-doors.html)

5) Competitive Driving Mode will not engage.

6) Debris on inside of headlight covers.

7) Missing bolt on bottom of front facia.

8) Loud metal clinking sound (like something feel off and landed on the undercarriage).

GM Customer Service is working with me and I have an appointment with the dealer Monday.

Last edited by jagamajajaran; 10-20-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:25 AM
RxCritical
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 32 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran

Originally Posted by CCDawg69
This has been mentioned in this thread but here goes again. It is a crap shoot when I get in my car whether my volume controls, favorite controls, and voice controls will work on the steering wheel. I worked through it once with the Infotainment Hepl Line and got everything to work by "forgetting my device" on Bluetooth and disconnecting my iPhone from the "Settings" menu on the car, then reestablishing everything. But the problem continuously comes back. Then mysteriously everything will work normally when I get in the car other times. Anyone else having this problem?
Yes I have this problem. But it has only happened about 3-4 times. After I turn the car off for a while and restart it the problem goes away. GM QC called me and basically said that if it happens again to try to see if the voice recognition works via the radio and then to call them back and let them know. I recommend you get your dealer to call and let GM know about your issue also so they can get a record of it going. I'm sure the dealer can not fix this without GM support. GM informed me they were working on a software update and that it may also be caused by my phone (Droid). It's been over a week since mine has last done it. Good luck!
Old 10-20-2013, 12:03 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

I posted in an unrelated thread that I have been tracking and watching C7 "issues" and "problems" in a database I am compiling.

A little data based on what has been reported by owners in this and other threads:
*55 cars
*79 issues/problems (63 valid)
*16 either non-issues or invalid ("Backup camera shows portion of license plate", user not properly operating Drive Mode selector, etc.)
*14 owners reported 2 or more issues/problems
*The most common issue it seems is the inability to engage PTM or Competitive Driving mode with 9 complaints.
*Another common issue to be related to issues with the center screen ("Center screen flashes off and cuts out", "Center screen went blank when backup camera displaying", "Center screen only intermittently closes when open", etc.) with 8 complaints.
*Most issues appear to be relatively minor, with only a couple of mechanical issues reports ("eLSD control module not functioning", and "no fluid in differential").

Bear in mind, the last update for cars at status code 5000 or higher by GM'er was on October 9th and included 218 cars for members on this forum. Since then, I would guess that many more members here have taken delivery with more posting every day.

I also want to point out that a few people have reported having either their hood or hatch not sitting flush with the fender or quarter panel. In this case, there is an adjustable stopper that should allow the panel to be properly shimmed:

S.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Durnberg
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Nice job Sean, thanks. I wasn't able to use the 0-60 timer in
Performance Mode. I have tried twice now and the timer never starts, maybe what my Corvette thinks is acceleration differs from me :-). I will read the
OM to make sure I am doing this correctly.

VIN 2039, 3LT Z51, MRC, NPP 730 miles.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by Durnberg
Nice job Sean, thanks. I wasn't able to use the 0-60 timer in
Performance Mode. I have tried twice now and the timer never starts, maybe what my Corvette thinks is acceleration differs from me :-). I will read the
OM to make sure I am doing this correctly.

VIN 2039, 3LT Z51, MRC, NPP 730 miles.
I didn't think mine was working either, but believe you have to go into the Performance Timer submenu and hit "Reset". It worked after that.
It timed a 4.0 the one of two times I tried it yesterday. The other was a 4.4 after it spun quite a bit. FWIW I don't think the data from an accelerometer is very accurate and would rely on Vbox or other data first.
S.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:52 PM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by fredmills
Dash lighting at dusk is definitely as problem. It's tied into auto. headlight sensor (I think). Problem can be demonstrated by pulling into my garage. Auto headlights come on & dash lighting goes dim with no adjustment. At dusk, if dash lights go dim, see if auto headlights are on - green symbol at bottom left of display. Wonder if GM sees this as a problem?
I agree it's an issue with poor dash lighting at dusk; I have no solution.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:59 PM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by pittperson
Completely normal. This is even called out in the owners manual.
All due respect, but I can not accept the wheel crunch as "normal." I've had a C4 and currently have C5 and traded in C6 for C7 and none of the prior cars had this wheel hop. It is unacceptable and with all the brilliant engineering in the C7 this is an embarrassment to the Engineering Group.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:31 PM
tbasco 6
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by CCDawg69
VIN 2094 Having the same issue. Touch screen has also flickered on two occasions. Will eventually take to dealer, but enjoying it too much to give it up until the weather turns crappy.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:48 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by V8 Juice
All due respect, but I can not accept the wheel crunch as "normal." I've had a C4 and currently have C5 and traded in C6 for C7 and none of the prior cars had this wheel hop. It is unacceptable and with all the brilliant engineering in the C7 this is an embarrassment to the Engineering Group.
It happened sometimes with my C6, but it was severe in the C7 with the stock Michelin tires. Since changing to Continentals, I have not had the issue.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Durnberg
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

0-60 timer, I hit the reset, pulled a nice and my time was 0.0. I then hit confirm for start and end speeds and finally got my first time, 4.9. So, to recap, I had to confirm both speed setting and reset before the timer engaged.

Edit: it was fun though.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:44 PM
cbboarder
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 51 Posts

My center display flickered for the first time today. Tried entering PTM yesterday with dealer but failed. Still a sweet ride!

Last edited by cbboarder; 10-20-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:52 PM
vettedrummer
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 255 Likes on 74 Posts

I am having issues with the screens going dim at odd times -- like when I answer the phone and then staying dim after the call.

Get notified of new replies

To ** C7 Reported issues and resolutions thread **

Old 10-20-2013, 07:46 PM
Pisswilly
Melting Slicks

Received 834 Likes on 370 Posts

Hopefully there will be major software upgrades coming in the spring or summer, I will wait till then before I take my car in.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:03 PM
mt. view
Advanced

Just back after 500 miles..Vin 160
1. Driving along all the lights for the heating/cooling came on, couldn't turn anything off, little issue 70 degrees with heated seats, then the radio started scanning and wouldn't stop. I stopped and turned off the car to reboot the computer, that worked for the heating but the radio kept on scanning. Got the radio to stop for 15 or 20 minutes then away it would go again. About 3 hours later it did it all again.
2. Passenger door out of alignment a lot.
3. Drips on the corner of hood and the drivers door.
4. Two spots on the CF roof, looks like we might be able to buff out.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Old Yellow
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by V8 Juice
With all due respect, and not wanting to start a debate, this scrubbing is a result of the engineers not going with pure Ackerman angle steering geometry. At slower road speeds pure Ackerman works very well keeping the front wheels on either side of the car tracking properly, but as speed increases Ackerman angle is not ideal to compensate for the large difference in slip angle between the inner and outer front tires. Therefore they deviate from the ideal angles that would be best at slow speed to generate more cornering accuracy at higher speeds. Just another compromise that is imposed in order to achieve better high speed performance. This scrubbing only occurs at very slow speeds, and very large steering angles. such as a parking maneuver.

My C5, and both C6s exhibited this characteristic, but only under the extreme steering angles I encountered in very tight turning situations at a fast walking pace.

If you would like to know more about Ackerman steering just Google the words. There are a lot better explanations than my knowledge, or space here permit.

Ed