Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

** C7 Reported issues and resolutions thread **

Old 10-20-2013, 10:56 PM
mark1107
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I can't get competitive driving mode, nor the ptm sub track menus. I'll take it to the dealer but I won't let them keep it. If they can fix it while I watch, cool. If not I'll wait. Vin1458 NPP, msrc, Z51 automatic.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:18 AM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 678 Likes on 269 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Originally Posted by mark1107
I can't get competitive driving mode, nor the ptm sub track menus. I'll take it to the dealer but I won't let them keep it. If they can fix it while I watch, cool. If not I'll wait. Vin1458 NPP, msrc, Z51 automatic.
Your dealer just needs to clear some codes that were set when GM did final tests on your car in BG. Your PTM will not be A problem after reset from dealer
Old 10-21-2013, 01:47 AM
c7stingray
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guy told me the brakes are just new. had to get on it (the brakes) a few times and it stopped. has happened once since in the past week but def sounds like i just needed to get the glaze off as he said. hope it helps if you havent already figured it out.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:43 AM
kirbsc
Racer

Originally Posted by rmarc7828
Mine #1537 does the same thing. When I open the door a solenoid makes a sound then a double solenoid sound from inside the 1/4 panel behind the door.
I have heard the same sound - not sure if it's and issue or not though.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:46 AM
blksw4n
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kirbsc
I have heard the same sound - not sure if it's and issue or not though.
The sound that you're hearing is the fuel door unlocking.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:47 AM
kirbsc
Racer

Default Rear Bumper Soft

Not sure if this is an issue or not but when I was polishing the rear bumper I notices that the driver side seemed to push in further the the passenger side. Wasn't sure if something was missing under the bumper panel on the drivers side or that is just normal. Anyone else have this experience?

Thanks
Old 10-21-2013, 12:13 PM
pookie
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Issue:
Rear end was banging when doing tight turns while car was cold. Caught at PDI with 13 miles on ODO

Resolution:
Faulty electronic Limited Slip differential (eLSD). Was replaced after 16 days in the shop, no issues noted after 100 miles.

Model:
Z51 2LT Coupe - Vin 28XX

More details:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...-her-home.html
Old 10-21-2013, 01:33 PM
sbuck863
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

What mode did you have your car in when you clocked the 4.0, and did you use launch control? I'm still breaking my car in and have only accelerated hard once from a dead stop and got a fair amount of wheelspin. I thought that the traction management system was supposed to eliminate wheelspin on acceleration runs (?). I would appreciate any thoughts you might have based on your experience with your car.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Durnberg
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

I brought in the car today to the dealer and, after getting off the phone from GM, said they are replacing the infotainment screen (posts 9 and 30). Apparently GM wanted the dealer to pull my old screen and have me drive for 3-4 days without it. My dealer said no and what they will do is pull the old screen out to get the numbers off of it, put it back in and let me drive with the old screen until the new one comes in then replace it. The issue is twice the screen has turned gray with a static look, like it's getting no signal. Both times it corrected, once after a restart and once after waiting 60 seconds. The next time was while driving the screen fragmented and started flashing. Did this twice then returned to functioning correctly. VIN 2039, Z51, NPP, MRC, 3LT, 742 miles. If replacement screen resolves the issue then I won't follow up, if not I will post to this thread. For some reason GM needs either the old screen or the number off of it before they can replace it, I have no idea why.

Last edited by Durnberg; 10-21-2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Added last line
Old 10-21-2013, 02:58 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Durnberg
I brought in the car today to the dealer and, after getting off the phone from GM, said they are replacing the infotainment screen (posts 9 and 30). Apparently GM wanted the dealer to pull my old screen and have me drive for 3-4 days without it. My dealer said no and what they will do is pull the old screen out to get the numbers off of it, put it back in and let me drive with the old screen until the new one comes in then replace it. The issue is twice the screen has turned gray with a static look, like it's getting no signal. Both times it corrected, once after a restart and once after waiting 60 seconds. The next time was while driving the screen fragmented and started flashing. Did this twice then returned to functioning correctly. VIN 2039, Z51, NPP, MRC, 3LT, 742 miles. If replacement screen resolves the issue then I won't follow up, if not I will post to this thread. For some reason GM needs either the old screen or the number off of it before they can replace it, I have no idea why.
you would think they could get that info . from the vin. without tearing up your dash .
Old 10-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Durnberg
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by lastcowboy
you would think they could get that info . from the vin. without tearing up your dash .
My thoughts also. Tomorrow when I bring it in for pull out and number gathering, I'll ask. Plus I wonder why the number is needed for a replacement part to begin with? It's not like they have several different screens from different manufacturers, at least I don't think so.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:38 PM
c7stingraycorvette
5th Gear

My car #3419 still at dealership ,they don`t know what to do option TTV, carbon fiber option, spoiler, that (they see I paid $100 on the MSRP ) rear and two side mirrors . The car came with the two side mirrors black but the spoiler is red as the red on the car. I don`t mind that but there should be a price adjustment . I don`t wish to have them paint the mirrors red, might be hard to match the red paint of the car. We are very pleased with the car as this is my 3rd new Corvette and this is the best
Old 10-21-2013, 06:14 PM
NOMRW8NG
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My thoughts also. Tomorrow when I bring it in for pull out and number gathering, I'll ask. Plus I wonder why the number is needed for a replacement part to begin with? It's not like they have several different screens from different manufacturers, at least I don't think so.
Maybe they're trying to figure out if they got a bad batch of screens from the supplier?
Old 10-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Durnberg
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by NOMRW8NG
Maybe they're trying to figure out if they got a bad batch of screens from the supplier?
Maybe but why do they need it before they will send replacement?
Old 10-21-2013, 08:59 PM
sahowley
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by sahowley
#1467 is at dealership now.

1. Nav screen / information screen goes crazy jumping from screen to screen.

2. Can not answer phone by push the "answer" button in bottom left hand corner of info screen.

3. Can not access "track" menu as. When you hit the traction control button twice while in track mode nothing happens. Car is Z51 w/ Mag ride.

All seem to be software issues if you ask me. I'll let you know what my dealer says ASAP. Car has 950 miles.

I'm driving a beautiful Chevy Impala from Enterprise.
Update
Car is still @ dealership, Rodger Dean in West Palm Beach, FL, not expected to return until Friday at the earliest.

Issue 1. & 2. Replacing screen
3. Still no answer. I don't think anyone @ the dealership understands what this menu is or that it does exist in car with z51 and mag ride. I was told today that they were searching on youtube to find video on how to access menu. This alarmed me, but not as much as an email I got form Chevy customer service. I contacted them to get support for the dealership since they don't seem to understand the car. When Chevy customer service contacted the dealership today they told them that they do not have my car or a ticket open on my car? Bellow you will see a picture of my car in there garage taken sunday, 10/20/13. I stopped by this Sunday to see my car. I missed her that much! I'm a little concerned at this point. Also they discovered that the torque tube is bent in the car. They think it was a defective part installed @ BG. My white c7 is the 4th car one the right!!! Not a great feeling.
Attached Images  
Old 10-21-2013, 09:02 PM
sahowley
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Update
Car is still @ dealership, Rodger Dean in West Palm Beach, FL, not expected to return until Friday at the earliest.

3. Still no answer. I don't think anyone @ the dealership understands what this menu is or that it does exist in car with z51 and mag ride. I was told today that they were searching on youtube to find video on how to access menu. This alarmed me, but not as much as an email I got form Chevy customer service. I contacted them to get support for the dealership since they don't seem to understand the car. When Chevy customer service contacted the dealership today they told them that they do not have my car or a ticket open on my car? Bellow you will see a picture of my car in there garage taken sunday, 10/20/13. I stopped by this Sunday to see my car. I missed her that much! I'm a little concerned at this point. Also they discovered that the torque tube is bent in the car. They think it was a defective part installed @ BG. My white c7 is the 4th car one the right!!! Not a great feeling.
Car has been at dealership since Wednesday 10/16/13 @ 10:30 am.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:25 PM
sahowley
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Car has been at dealership since Wednesday 10/16/13 @ 10:30 am.
Just so everyone understands where I am coming from, I LOVE this car. It is amazing inside and a dream to drive. I am though very disappointed in both Chevrolet and the dealership. I traded in a 2012 640 BMW on this car. I followed this car online and in every issue of Motor Trend as info was leaked about its production over the last 3 yrs. Now to let a car out with bellow standard QC and to have bad customer support @ dealership is very disappointing. I want to drive a Corvette, but how do I justify paying $72,000 + for a car and getting $10,000 support and service. GM needs to consider this. Being a current BMW customer, I have still have a 2012 550, one thing I can say with 100% certainty is this would have been handled better by BMW. They would at least be able to tell me what is wrong with my car after 6 days and they would know that my car is in one of their service bays!!!

Get notified of new replies

To ** C7 Reported issues and resolutions thread **

Old 10-22-2013, 06:17 AM
Bat7Man
Racer

Update

I am down the street from you in WPB. My dealer (Autonation) was able to get my menu working just fine. They have to clear the codes and reset the battery from storage mode. Then you simply need to depress the brake and hit the button 2x. PM me if you want my cell and I can try and help you out.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:07 AM
NOMRW8NG
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Maybe but why do they need it before they will send replacement?
Hmm. Maybe they already know about a bad batch and are trying to determine if this is one of them?

I agree, it really doesn't make sense to have to pull the unit twice.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:23 AM
mt. view
Advanced

They are replacing my center screen, they called GM, sending one next day, did not have to take old one out, I am driving car, take it in Wed.

Search this Thread