Sponsored by:

** C7 Reported issues and resolutions thread **

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 05:19 PM
pgway
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heater Controls

Now that the weather is getting cold up here in the Northeast, is anyone else having difficulties in maintaining any temperature control?
In manual mode - temperature set at 72 degrees - vents set at windshield & feet - initially heat seams OK - then after 10 to 15 minutes the system blows cold air - move temperature up to 74 same thing happens - OK - then cold - move up to 76 same - then 78 same!
This is driving me nuts - neber had this happen on any other car I have owned.
Any input would be welcomed.
Vin - 1115
Not wroth taking back to the dealer just for this!
Old 11-01-2013, 07:53 PM
irpete
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mark1107
Yes. I went to dealer. I had one error code "lost communication with ECM /bcm"

Tech 2 cleared it but no ptm sub menus. Turned the car off and then on again. Ptm sub menus magically appear!!!

Whoo hoo!
Picked up mine today #4629 at Kerbeck with the exact same issue. Service manager called the BG engineers and they said they are aware of the issue and will have a new flash available on Monday. He then cleared 2 error codes and restarted the car and the menu appeared.

Not sure what other fixes will be in the new flash but I will be getting it sometime in the next week or so from my local dealer.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by billybcool
#1971 Z51, 750MI
Great car so far just a couple of issues I did not see reported by anyone yet.
1. Dealer replaced both headlights as they were scratched by transport cover slightly but more importantly is that both headlights were somehow stained just under the clear protective lens. Knew lamps are are crystal clear.
2. Tire temp is always "Warm", never shows itself as "Cold" even when starting up this morning at around 40 degrees F here in Colorado. Owner's manual suggests not to drive these summer only tires at below 40F. I would thus expect temp to show at least initially as Cold.
What is anyone else experiencing in regards to tire temps ?
Mine is also showing warm all the time.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by irpete
Picked up mine today #4629 at Kerbeck with the exact same issue. Service manager called the BG engineers and they said they are aware of the issue and will have a new flash available on Monday. He then cleared 2 error codes and restarted the car and the menu appeared.

Not sure what other fixes will be in the new flash but I will be getting it sometime in the next week or so from my local dealer.
Change of plans. The techs called today after you left. They are now saying to expect the new programming on 11/15, give or take a day or two.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Mike1975az
Intermediate

does anybody else have any rattles/ vibrations in the das or hatch?
Old 11-01-2013, 10:51 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike1975az
does anybody else have any rattles/ vibrations in the das or hatch?
Yes. I hear it once in a while.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:07 PM
Mike1975az
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Yes. I hear it once in a while.
Mine is all the time
Old 11-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Slappy3243
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike1975az
Mine is all the time
I posted a thread about this. My car is mostly quiet. However, when I hit a bump, I will hear small and quick rattles for the duration of the split second the car hits the bump. Not every bump does it and the car is fine on most roads. Still annoying.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Wagon Master
Intermediate

Yes, mine also has a low tone rattle sound over the passenger side. I have checked everything and it all feels very solid inside and out but the sound is there with any road bumps. I hope someone has an answer before my dealer starts taking things apart to find it.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:51 PM
Mike1975az
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Wagon Master
Yes, mine also has a low tone rattle sound over the passenger side. I have checked everything and it all feels very solid inside and out but the sound is there with any road bumps. I hope someone has an answer before my dealer starts taking things apart to find it.
Well I have it it in twice for it. And again it will be in Tuesday. Can't stand it. The rattle in the hatch is constant and loud. Very annoying. We'll see what happens. Goes away when roof is off. Weird. Love this car tho
Old 11-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Athrose
Instructor

Default Heating issues

As has been reported in various posts, I am also having issues with insufficient heating unless the controls are turned up really high. In addition, I noticed today when driving with temps in the mid 60s that the heated seats did not get very warm. I'll check the heated seats in colder weather before putting her up for the winter.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Durnberg
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

From post 9, issue with infotainment screen going gray and another time flickering and only patches of the screen visible. Screen replaced and no problems however the screen only gave me a problem 3 times in 1,000 miles so it is early yet. The dealership had the car for over a day though. VIN 2039, 3LT, Z51, MRC, NPP.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:02 AM
thespymaster
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't want to jump on the bandwagon on things wrong with my C7, but now after reading all the posts, will chime in!!

I have 3LT/Z51 black on black and upon delivery , I noticed fine scratches over 60% of the C7 and dealer said just from the white covering and would come out with a detail.. So its now at a shop that specializes in detailing/buff the marks out at the dealers expense.

I'm in Vegas for SEMA this week and upon return will inspect it from top to bottom...........
Old 11-02-2013, 06:34 AM
pgway
Racer

Originally Posted by Athrose
As has been reported in various posts, I am also having issues with insufficient heating unless the controls are turned up really high. In addition, I noticed today when driving with temps in the mid 60s that the heated seats did not get very warm. I'll check the heated seats in colder weather before putting her up for the winter.
Yes - It's almost like the temp control is way off!
I start out at 72 then 74 then 76 then 78 then back down and up again.
Seams like the temp sensor is getting erroneous readings.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:11 AM
Theo Harris
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Wagon Master
C7 Z51 w/3LT Vin# 2069

Mine does the exact same sound over the passenger seat rear
Old 11-02-2013, 07:35 AM
I-SPEEED
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19

Issues with my 3LT Z51 #3990
1. Wind scratchy noise from right front passenger side near the top, sounds exactly like my hummer windshield going over 80mph, it is constant.
2. Horrible over-spray and lack of paint on back of hood toward the driver, you can actually see the poka-a-dots of red with white on the hood edge thru windshield.
3. HUD-If you have the slightest OCD like me, it is slanted, there is no doubt in my mind, I had it tripled checked by fellow vette freaks.
4. When turning the wheel at low speeds, it feels like my hummer in 4 wheel high, it literally skips and jumps?
5. Having problems with the screen keeping up with the selector change, sometimes it takes 5-10 seconds, sometimes it doesn't change at all.
6. The car seems to be running hot all the time, I just got it 2 days ago and it runs at 210-215 all the time. The fan runs after the car is off, 75% of the time.
7. I agree with a lot of the aforementioned, you cannot see anything at dusk/dawn
8. Back hatch is uneven and shuts that way unless I put crazy force on it when shutting.
9. I have 80 miles on the car now, audible water or some fluid is hitting the headers or exhaust, nice little sizzling noise noted.
10. Upon delivery of vehicle, my salesperson is a short guy and likes to adjust the seat height all the way up. When walking back to car and looking at it from the front I noticed the driver seat was leaning to the right and looked crooked. Sure enough, you can press the up button on the seat and it drives the seat up, back and twists to the right with full contact on the roof.
11. Scratched headlights noticed, and fog film and or dirt noted on the INSIDE of HIDS. When they're off, it looks fine. When they're on, it looks like a car that is older and the HIDS have been used for more than three hours according to my corvette hour counter.
12. I have not returned to dealer since he is far away.
13. I am not mad, I trust Chevy will fix all of this since 99% of us got the same package which it doesn't take much to know we all spent close or north of 70K on this car.
14. Last but not least, yes, the infotainment is buggy, bluetooth is, steering wheel controls for same are, etc. A radio is not my concern right now, a car that is fixed is.
15. Thanks OP, thanks all you brave souls or were insane for buying the first year. It's still a sweet ride though.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Kd9167
5th Gear

Car was very quiet for 400 miles.I now have a annoying rattle around passenger small rear side window.Seems to be more in sport and track modes,and worse in temps under 60 degrees. Found rattle by tapping interior trim around window with finger quickly. Also press and tap thin strip of body between cooling vent and small side window on the outside,this is a very weak area of the car.This is very annoying to drive in a 70,000 car.Anyone have any feedback on this issue?

Get notified of new replies

To ** C7 Reported issues and resolutions thread **

Old 11-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Mike1975az
Intermediate

My rattles have gotten worse. Rattle in passenger side hatch is constant unless im on a road that is perfect or im going less than 10 mph. And the vibration in dash is on and surface with any imperfections. They both drive me nuts. Im so fixated on those two sounds when im driving that i dont usually have time to just relax and enjoy this beautiful car. Im so frustrated with these issues. But then i look at this amazing car when i get out of it and i get excited again because of its beauty. And i just pray the next time i drive it the noises wont be there, but they always are. Its a vicious cycle lol
Old 11-02-2013, 11:54 AM
sahowley
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by sahowley
Update
I dropped my car back off at dealer yesterday, 10-31-13, to have a Chevy field engineer diagnose the issue. They have decided to replace the information unit again with a new unit. They are expecting the unit to arrive next Tuesday. I will get the car back Tuesday or Wednesday of next wk. I hate not having my car, but the engineer didn't want me to take it. I'll give another update when I get it back. I have also added to the work order to have the rear diff checked and the tire temperature checked. Mine always reads warm. It never reads hot or cold.
Thanks
This is video of what my information system is and was doing. 1st video is the first unit. Second video is the replacement unit. Still wanting on 3rd unit and instal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS-y8...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtLSH...ature=youtu.be
Old 11-02-2013, 12:55 PM
bigskyvetter
5th Gear

Originally Posted by zhopper05
VIN #106

Two minor issues were noticed during PDI that I am mentioning and will update with causes and remedies once fixed.

1. The pointed corner of the front left bumper cover next to the headlight keeps sticking out, possibly a defected or missing clip.
2. The center of the rear top fascia immediately under the spoiler light sticks out as well exposing the edge right below the light.

The dealer is going to remove both bumper covers and check for any issues with clips.
I have same issue with panel under brake light bar.It has "bowed" out exposing a slight opening between the panel and the light assy.I think they have a small issue getting the panels to fit during assembly. This is the 2nd car my dealer has seen with fitting rear panels(out of 10 cars)