Sponsored by:

Wind Noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 10:26 AM
garyo
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Wind Noise

I have a 2015 3LT Z51 with 1200 miles on it. I am getting a terrible wind noise from both driver and passenger sides. The sound is coming from the
top rear of each side window. At 50 mph and above it is very noticeable. Anyone else with a similar problem and is there a known fix?
Old 10-13-2014, 10:30 AM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

See this post.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:56 AM
OH07C6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Similar issue on mine but I haven't had a chance to look in depth just yet and test with some tape. Mine almost sounds like its coming out of the seat belt hole. Doesn't bother me much since most of my driving is with windows down. I think the otherwise quiet cabin makes it a bit louder. Here is another thread with some points as well...

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ind-noise.html
Old 10-13-2014, 12:22 PM
Daemek
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 72 Posts

I have the same problem with my 2015. I hear a wind noise somewhere behind my left ear. I did take it in for a bad rattle in the same area I thought. They fixed the rattle saying the speaker was loose from the mount but the wind noise is still there anytime I get over 50 mph. It's not that big of a deal, so not going to worry about it myself until something else comes up again.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Algiers
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Daemek
I have the same problem with my 2015. I hear a wind noise somewhere behind my left ear. I did take it in for a bad rattle in the same area I thought. They fixed the rattle saying the speaker was loose from the mount but the wind noise is still there anytime I get over 50 mph. It's not that big of a deal, so not going to worry about it myself until something else comes up again.
I have the same issue on my 2015 coupe. I checked the roof alignment a couple times and everything seems fine there. It's really minor though so I'm not too worried about for now.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:21 PM
SCorvette08
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by garyo
I have a 2015 3LT Z51 with 1200 miles on it. I am getting a terrible wind noise from both driver and passenger sides. The sound is coming from the
top rear of each side window. At 50 mph and above it is very noticeable. Anyone else with a similar problem and is there a known fix?
I had a bad default y roof and the noise came in between the the front roof seal heres how you check tape off the roof line with masking tape go down the road if it stops its the Roof GM had some bad molds
the roof would scoop and start pushing air in faster you went the more it pushed
Old 10-13-2014, 08:55 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by garyo
garyo (and others),

Sorry that your getting excessive wind noise in the vehicle. I understand the displeasure when dealing with a matter like this. Although you're seeking opinions, I'd be happy to communicate your concerns with the Customer Experience Managers (CEM) at your GM dealer of choice. Please know that you're welcome to message us privately if you would like to discuss this further, or if you simply want this matter documented.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Get notified of new replies

To Wind Noise

Quick Reply: Wind Noise