Sponsored by:

So how good is the C7 really?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 07:18 PM
TonyCool
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Default So how good is the C7 really?

In the last few days I've been pleasantly surprised about the public reaction to the C7 it seems that every car magazine and car review youtube channel absolutely loves this car.

Props go to GM for building the best base corvette yet. I've no doubt the C7 plattform will eventually produce what will be the best corvette ever made as the C6 ZR1 did.

Contrary to the new SRT Viper which reviews and first test were disappointing. The corvette is getting some great press and I've been wondering if this is all just very well executed marketing or if the car is really that much better when compared to its predecessors.

I'd like to hear from corvette owners that have moved to the C7 from a previous generation corvette on their opinions about how the C7 compares.

Many people, me included would rather drive a C5 Z06 over a base C6 and I'm curious if the same can be said about the C6 Z versus the base C7. I'm specially interested on hearing from people that skipped the C6 and jumped directly from a C5 to the C7 and from people that can talk about all three generations from experience.

I've no doubt the C7 is the better all around car but is it really that much better?

I know that technology on the C7 is much improved and that it is a drastically different car on paper but when it comes to the basic fundamentals of a drivers car. How the car feels, how it drives and handles is the C7 really that much better?

Last edited by TonyCool; 10-23-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Gee, do you expect anyone who is still in the honeymoon phase with their new toy to say that it isnt a big step up from previous generation cars?
Old 10-23-2013, 07:23 PM
TonyCool
Racer

Originally Posted by 455230
Gee, do you expect anyone who is still in the honeymoon phase with their new toy to say that it isnt a big step up from previous generation cars?
It's a long shoot but I hope to hear some non biased and almost objective opinions. Yes.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:24 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Read the forum!
Read the many, many reviews that talk about differences from other generations.
Test drive a C7 for yourself.

Last edited by BlueOx; 10-23-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:28 PM
TonyCool
Racer

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Read the forum!
Believe me I have. I've found some really interesting comments here and there but they are all scattered across the threads and the information I've seen so far lacks the specific focus that a more specific thread like this can bring.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:30 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

Car is amazing....and mine is a bare bones model...will be very hard for this car not to win multiple car of the year awards.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:39 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by TonyCool
Believe me I have. I've found some really interesting comments here and there but they are all scattered across the threads and the information I've seen so far lacks the specific focus that a more specific thread like this can bring.
I have too and it is clearly obvious from every single review that it's REALLY great. Handles way better than any Corvette ever made. When C&D grades the steering of the C7 better than the new 911, you know it has to be way better.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:42 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

I have too and it is clearly obvious from every single review that it's REALLY great. Handles way better than any Corvette ever made. When C&D grades the steering of the C7 better than the new 911, you know it has to be way better.
So, your new C7 handles way better than any Corvette ever made. Or, are you a parrot?
Old 10-23-2013, 07:44 PM
TonyCool
Racer

Yeah I find the comparisons with the 911 really interesting. I liked that comment where they said that when pushed hard the c7 is probably better than the Porsche. Personally I would never own a Porsche (unless they drastically improved the styling) but I would sure look into getting in a corvette that drives like a 911 for a lot less money.

Last edited by TonyCool; 10-23-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:45 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by JoesC5
So, your new C7 handles way better than any Corvette ever made. Or, are you a parrot?
Are you just sitting in someone else's C7 or driving one? All one has to do is read the forum and one can see the many C7 owners who are thrilled...some owned C6s and some owned C5s.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:46 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,512 Likes on 2,317 Posts
C7 & C8 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year (track prepared)
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C7 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

The C7 takes Corvette to a world class level. I have/have had a C3, two C4s, two C5s, and a C6, and my C7 looks and performs far better than any of them. And I can say that even with the issues I'm dealing with right now. This Corvette is a whole new Corvette experience!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:52 PM
eurostyle
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran
The C7 takes Corvette to a world class level. I have/have had a C3, two C4s, two C5s, and a C6, and my C7 looks and performs far better than any of them. And I can say that even with the issues I'm dealing with right now. This Corvette is a whole new Corvette experience!
And so will be the C8.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

it is very hard to find unbiased opinions on this forum. Go to a forum that tailors to multiple brands for better results.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:55 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Are you just sitting in someone else's C7 or driving one? All one has to do is read the forum and one can see the many C7 owners who are thrilled...some owned C6s and some owned C5s.
Yes, I sat in one, and I gave my impression of the interior of the car based on my sitting in one. No where have I said the C7 handled better or worse than any other car, as I personally have not driven a C7 thus I an not qualified to say how it handles. I'm not a parrot. When I personally have the opportunity to drive a C7, then I will report on my impression on how it handles. Until that time, I will not be parrot, repeating what someone else says, instead of reporting first hand.

Last edited by JoesC5; 10-23-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:59 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Yes, I sat in one, and I gave my impression of the interior of the car based on my sitting in one. No where have I said the C7 handled better or worse than any other car, as I personally have not driven a C7 thus I an not qualified to say how it handles. I'm not a parrot. When I personally have the opportunity to drive a C7, then I will report on my impressions of how it handles. Until that time, I am not a parrot.
Good for you...I'm happy for you. I know you want to make it sound like I told him what it is like...versus telling him what the reviews from owners are saying it is like. That isn't parroting, that is reporting what has been said and that this info is here in the forum and in magazine reviews.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

I own one. I have owned every generation. This is the latest and this is the best one, for my use, I have driven. Does that mean it is better then a C6. Z06? No. I would have no desire to buy a C6 Z06 because that cars abilities do not fit my purpose. I want a fast car that has the latest in electronics and the ability to cruise in comfort for 500 miles of two lane asphalt a day. That's my C7. A C6 Z06 has that really nasty idle that stirs the desire to go fast. It has those really wide tires that make a statement. A totally different car, in my opinion, and a great one too.

Long live the Corvette family.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:10 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Good for you...I'm happy for you. I know you want to make it sound like I told him what it is like...versus telling him what the reviews from owners are saying it is like. That isn't parroting, that is reporting what has been said and that this info is here in the forum and in magazine reviews.
What do you think parroting is?

It's hearing some words, and repeating them, without understanding what they mean. If you don't have first hand knowledge of the subject, and you repeat what you hear(some one else says), then you are a parrot.

Get notified of new replies

To So how good is the C7 really?

Old 10-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

When C&D grades the steering of the C7 better than the new 911, you know it has to be way better.
x100

This, if true, is an AMAZING accomplishment. I have been waiting patiently for Porsche-like steering feel in a Corvette....it would be nice if dealers would allow test drives anytime soon...
Old 10-23-2013, 08:17 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
x100

This, if true, is an AMAZING accomplishment. I have been waiting patiently for Porsche-like steering feel in a Corvette....it would be nice if dealers would allow test drives anytime soon...
What do you mean, if true? You saying I'm lying?
Page 79, Nov. Car and Driver...Steering grade for Corvette 10, Porsche 9. They do separate Steering and Handling and give the Porsche the nod in Handling by one point.

Last edited by BlueOx; 10-23-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:18 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Bill17601
I own one. I have owned every generation. This is the latest and this is the best one, for my use, I have driven. Does that mean it is better then a C6. Z06? No. I would have no desire to buy a C6 Z06 because that cars abilities do not fit my purpose. I want a fast car that has the latest in electronics and the ability to cruise in comfort for 500 miles of two lane asphalt a day. That's my C7. A C6 Z06 has that really nasty idle that stirs the desire to go fast. It has those really wide tires that make a statement. A totally different car, in my opinion, and a great one too.

Long live the Corvette family.
And I will listen to your impressions of the C7 as you know what other Corvettes have the capability of doing, first hand. Many of those reporting are new to the Corvette; many have never sat in a Corvette until the day they took procession of their new C7. I will listen to their impressions but not to the extent as your's, as you have something to compare the C7 to, when you say it is better or worse than a C1/2/3/4/5/6.

I don't pay that much attention to automobile journalist that might have an agenda.

Quick Reply: So how good is the C7 really?