Sponsored by:

Color of rear turn indicator?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 11:29 AM
volvos80
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Color of rear turn indicator?

Please let me know what color (red or orange) the rear turn indicator has so I can do the same color for the side mirrors that will have the arrows blinking. Thank you for a post with an answer.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:53 AM
gr814u2c
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by volvos80
Please let me know what color (red or orange) the rear turn indicator has so I can do the same color for the side mirrors that will have the arrows blinking. Thank you for a post with an answer.
Orange.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:02 PM
post-it
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This question would have been much answered faster in the C6 Section
Old 10-17-2013, 12:22 PM
MeanDean43
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, but they would have probably gotten it wrong!
Old 10-17-2013, 12:43 PM
stevelischynsky
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you plan on doing this? new mirrors? Is it pre-wired for this addition?
Old 10-17-2013, 03:24 PM
StingRaycer
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Will these mirrors have blind spot detection monitors or do you have plans for some that may have this option - its one thing I really wish the Corvette engineers had included.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:59 PM
volvos80
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for your replies. Driving a foreign car today which has the European convex mirror on the drivers side I am familiar with the enormous benefits of this feature. DOT has not yet approved this here in the USA. So as I am planning on getting a C7 and driving it back from the factory, I want to replace the driver side flat glass right away with a convex version. As the export C7 (with the convex mirrors) have larger external housings it is too expensive to replace all of that. So I am having a manufacturer make for me the driver side mirror with a convex glass so that the blind spot will be eliminated. I am also having made an arrow { turn indicator in the mirrors, and as I will replace the auto-dimming mirrors with this new one, I already have the wiring in the door for the turn indicator once I have re-hooked up the power for the auto-dimming function to the turn signal function inside the car. That is my plan. Any more questions?

Get notified of new replies

To Color of rear turn indicator?

Quick Reply: Color of rear turn indicator?