Sponsored by:

C7 Corvette...Cure for the common curb....Curb Alert

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 11:31 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 927 Likes on 485 Posts
Tech Contributor

Curb alert will not work with novistretch, if mounted on grill ....certainly will work underneath.
The following users liked this post:
rramjet (02-29-2016)
Old 03-10-2016, 04:18 PM
SyberSaint
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Old 03-11-2016, 05:46 PM
kennedyd
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Curb Alert Install

Had mine installed this morning. Took a bit longer than anticipated because the guys at the shop had never done one before, although they routinely install backup alerts.
Seems to work perfectly and is virtually invisible when installed as per suggestion.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:58 PM
Mister Big
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 198 Posts
Default Strike One!

You have to be careful when approaching a cement parking block at an angle. I sheared off my Curb Alert sensor over the weekend, it's so easy to do. Luckily it was not damaged. Now that NavTool seems to be sorted out I'm strongly considering going that route.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:41 PM
SyberSaint
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Big
You have to be careful when approaching a cement parking block at an angle. I sheared off my Curb Alert sensor over the weekend, it's so easy to do. Luckily it was not damaged. Now that NavTool seems to be sorted out I'm strongly considering going that route.
Nav Tool web site only shows up to 2013 available...
Old 03-05-2017, 12:44 PM
scottjays
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

I have one installed in my MY15 Coupe and could not live without it!! My only problem is the sensor seems to move a bit...screw gets loose after few hundred miles and when I wash I normally tighten to lock screw back down.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:40 PM
Frosty
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 155 Posts

Any thought to making a bluetooth version that can work with a smart phone?
Old 06-19-2017, 09:09 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by mdshaffer
Any thought to making a bluetooth version that can work with a smart phone?
That's a good idea, I'll see what the manufacturer thinks.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:21 PM
one eyed willy
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Has anyone installed these on the sides for the side skirts? My fear is not seeing a curb in a parking lot as I'm turning and running the side skirts into it....just replaced my 3/4 skirts from the wife creaming a curb in Chick-fil-A.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:14 PM
JRYELLOWCORVETTE
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

Audible alert should be factory installed on all Corvettes! That is a no brainer!
Old 06-25-2017, 04:45 PM
alkrauzxa@gmail.com
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Z06 / 07 Package Curb Alert Installation

Any referrals of someone in Orange County California who can install a Curb Alert?
Old 10-01-2019, 07:09 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

C7 Corvette Curb Alert
Introducing the "Cure for the Common Curb". Front end damage when parking is a very real problem for many cars on the road today, especially for vehicles who have installed ground effects or aerodynamic profile improvements on their vehicles. Curbs are something that are one of those road hazards that do more damage to sports cars than any other hazard on the road.

Please click here for the PDF installation sheet

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however, Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

The Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb. Do not take a chance, get the Curb Alert to prevent curb damage.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates ) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

Installation Instructions (we are the only ones offering Custom Install packages and videos to install on the C5, C6 and Camaro) and videos are at the link below

We have the Curb Alert in stock for 149.99 with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Mini Curb Alert

Thanks,

Jim

Old 10-15-2019, 07:39 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Thank you for the orders!

Quick Reply: C7 Corvette...Cure for the common curb....Curb Alert