C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any c7 owners gaining positive attention from the younger crowd?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Jp23rockstar
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Any c7 owners gaining positive attention from the younger crowd?

I would like to hear insight on the attention it gets from younger people (<30) men and women. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2013, 04:53 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,515 Likes on 2,319 Posts
C7 & C8 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year (track prepared)
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C7 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Gaining lots of attention from men and women alike, ages 30 and below, including kids and teens. Everywhere I go in my new Corvette, I have people in this age group asking about the car, taking photos, etc.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Duke/Earl
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran
Gaining lots of attention from men and women alike, ages 30 and below, including kids and teens. Everywhere I go in my new Corvette, I have people in this age group asking about the car, taking photos, etc.
Same here, but it is also true of my C6 Ron Fellows Edition. So it probably doesn't mean much.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Process Black
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My step daughter (13) lit up when she saw it at Comic Con.

Her friends (all teenagers) keep asking me when I'm getting mine.

She's also convinced that she'll be learning to drive on it... Not sure where she got that idea.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Br0
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am one, and I ordered one.

...And to give you an idea, I am a HUGE car enthusiast and i still would have NEVER purchased a corvette in my life if it wasnt for how Chevy designed this C7. Too hard for me to get past the "old man mid-life crisis car" stigma that is GLUED to these cars, not to mention the garbage interiors and over simplistic exteriors. The tried and true LT/LS engines was the only thing left to be desired on the previous gens. I have always been into Euro's and imports, like many young people nowadays.

I have many friends my age that feel the same, they are sold up and down on this car. So much so they find it hard to believe this car is actually a corvette.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Jp23rockstar
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Br0
I am one, and I ordered one.

...And to give you an idea, I am a HUGE car enthusiast and i still would have NEVER purchased a corvette in my life if it wasnt for how Chevy designed this C7. Too hard for me to get past the "old man mid-life crisis car" stigma that is GLUED to these cars, not to mention the garbage interiors and over simplistic exteriors. The tried and true LT/LS engines was the only thing left to be desired on the previous gens. I have always been into Euro's and imports, like many young people nowadays.

I have many friends my age that feel the same, they are sold up and down on this car. So much so they find it hard to believe this car is actually a corvette.
Good the corvette is an outstanding vehicle, now it's closing the stigma that the car is only for old guys. It's funny because most at my age don't appreciate the corvette even though it was the most successful at ALMS. They don't watch racing so I guess that's why. The styling on the c7 is beyond the outdated c6 and c5 design. The interior was really the only complaint of the c6. I'm hoping people make the switch from euro to American. My take is guys my age are split on the corvette. However, they probably don't even know a new vette is out. Chevy should advertise the stingray in the World Series great exposure for the car. Women on the other hand appreciate the corvette looks more so than the power.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:02 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,013 Likes on 365 Posts

During my drive back from the Museum last week, the car got a lot of positive feedback from every generation...young or old.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Really not much of an indicator, lots of people young and old are a attracted to my current Victory Red C6 coupe. Color and configuration have a lot to do with it. Anyway I don't care!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:20 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its clear that a lot of younger folks (under 50) are BUYING the C7 as you can see by reading a number of these new owner threads. I think it has a universal appeal with a variety of age groups!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:23 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,444 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Its clear that a lot of younger folks (under 50) are BUYING the C7 as you can see by reading a number of these new owner threads. I think it has a universal appeal with a variety of age groups!

And if that holds true, it bodes well for Corvette.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:07 PM
JimNeedsC7
Racer

Received 119 Likes on 64 Posts

Young, old and all ages in between - I can't imagine that anyone that is fascinated by sports cars would not love this beautiful new Corvette.

I lost my interest in Corvettes and wandered into the land of imports several years ago. A year ago I would have never predicted that I would want to buy a Corvette. I have always appreciated Corvettes. Killer performance and great bargains that they were - they just did not appeal enough to me to pay that kind of money for one.

But the C7 has changed that completely. It is not just a car that I like - it is a car that I have to own eventually. I could have been in a financial position to buy one today if I had known what was coming, but I will own one of these world class sports cars, hopefully within the next two years.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:12 PM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would you want to draw attention from that crowd. They have nothing to
contribute to a conversation. They got some freaky vocabulary not worth trying
to decipher
Old 10-21-2013, 07:26 PM
post-it
Racer

Originally Posted by texvette2
to decipher
I agree with you, this generation only cares about the next super phone! They can't walk from their car to the workplace without exercising their thumbs. What a waste of life!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:28 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

to decipher
Old 10-21-2013, 08:00 PM
Br0
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jp23rockstar
Good the corvette is an outstanding vehicle, now it's closing the stigma that the car is only for old guys. It's funny because most at my age don't appreciate the corvette even though it was the most successful at ALMS. They don't watch racing so I guess that's why. The styling on the c7 is beyond the outdated c6 and c5 design. The interior was really the only complaint of the c6. I'm hoping people make the switch from euro to American. My take is guys my age are split on the corvette. However, they probably don't even know a new vette is out. Chevy should advertise the stingray in the World Series great exposure for the car. Women on the other hand appreciate the corvette looks more so than the power.
Yes sir, I am also an avid fan of ALMS (my fav racing of all) and watch as often as possible. I ALWAYS watch all 24 hours of Le Mans. However, I am really a fan of almost every GT team besides team corvette, until now mainly a fan of Rahal Letterman BMW team, and currently drive a highly modified 2009 e92 335i coupe (twin turbo). Love this car, going to be hard to part with it.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Br0
Instructor

to decipher
Originally Posted by post-it
I agree with you, this generation only cares about the next super phone! They can't walk from their car to the workplace without exercising their thumbs. What a waste of life!
...This is why we hated the f:$&ing corvette... Lol
Old 10-21-2013, 08:09 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Br0
...This is why we hated the f:$&ing corvette... Lol
You wouldn't want to be judged based upon the actions of the biggest boneheads in your age bracket, would you?

Get notified of new replies

To Any c7 owners gaining positive attention from the younger crowd?

Old 10-21-2013, 08:10 PM
cporteraz
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Until they can make a Corvette I-Phone the majority of younger kids don't care.

Most kids today care about everyday MPG- not 29
mpg in eco mode in a 65k car.

Besides, when 90% of Corvette drivers are over 60- there is no connection to the C5,C6 or C7.

As the Cadillac Marketing manager once said- I lose 15 brand buyers every day to natural causes- not product quality.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:15 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by cporteraz
Until they can make a Corvette I-Phone the majority of younger kids don't care.

Most kids today care about everyday MPG- not 29
mpg in eco mode in a 65k car.

Besides, when 90% of Corvette drivers are over 60- there is no connection to the C5,C6 or C7.

As the Cadillac Marketing manager once said- I lose 15 brand buyers every day to natural causes- not product quality.
Read the other posts from those driving C7s.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:16 PM
Roadrunner 73
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jp23rockstar
I would like to hear insight on the attention it gets from younger people (<30) men and women. Thanks!
Well, my son who is 12 years young has been the been the driving force behind me getting a C-7... A Mopar guy myself. But we spent a week or so in the summer looking at the usual suspects...Viper, Challenger, Mustang, Camaro and a few German cars (most in person). He saw the Jay Leno garage video and he said that's the car dad!!!......I think he's proved he's much smarter and wiser than his old gray beard dad...Not to mention he has more patience. Well, here it is without the carbon roof though His picture on Sat.....Closed the deal on it Saturday, picking up Wed. If I let him take it to the prom I'm sure we will have a lifelong Vette owner on our hands.....
Attached Images  

Last edited by Roadrunner 73; 10-21-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Any c7 owners gaining positive attention from the younger crowd?