Powdercoat stock wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 12:28 PM
Ketch2631
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Powdercoat stock wheels?

Hey all,

I have my order in for an AW Z51 with black wheels and red calipers but with the Z51 constraint situation I have been on fence about changing my order to a base model in hopes of having a new Stingray in the garage before April of 2014. With that being said, my options of keeping the black and white theme going would be going aftermarket for a set of black wheels or possibly powder coating the stock wheels. Has anybody photo shopped the stock wheels black or actually powdercoated their stock wheels? It would be the cheaper way of keeping black wheels without spending a fortune on aftermarket wheels. Any thoughts or feed back?

Thanks as always
Old 10-23-2013, 01:25 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Ketch2631
Hey all,

I have my order in for an AW Z51 with black wheels and red calipers but with the Z51 constraint situation I have been on fence about changing my order to a base model in hopes of having a new Stingray in the garage before April of 2014. With that being said, my options of keeping the black and white theme going would be going aftermarket for a set of black wheels or possibly powder coating the stock wheels. Has anybody photo shopped the stock wheels black or actually powdercoated their stock wheels? It would be the cheaper way of keeping black wheels without spending a fortune on aftermarket wheels. Any thoughts or feed back?

Thanks as always
It appears that there are dealers do have Z51's coming in that are not pre-sold. Have you contacted other dealers to see if you can latch onto a Z51 that's already in the system so you don't have to wait until April?
Old 10-23-2013, 06:12 PM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

After I realized that the "black aluminum" Z51 wheels were just "black" and not some metallic black finish, I decided that I would just go with the silver-painted wheels when I put my order in.

I've already talked with our powdercoating guy (Corvette owner who did a lot of the work on our project vehicles) and plan on picking a color to go with NRB that has a little more style to it. Won't be the first Corvette (or car) we've done this to.

Get notified of new replies

To Powdercoat stock wheels?

Quick Reply: Powdercoat stock wheels?