Sponsored by:

My first look

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 11:50 AM
ONOFiveO
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Default My first look

I finally got to see a few actual C7s yesterday, a black standard coupe and two Laguna Blue coupes (a standard and a Premiere Edition) all with chrome wheels. The black was really nice although I'm not sure if I'd do the chrome. The LB color however just wasn't doing it for me. Perhaps it was the showroom lighting or that I'm not really a huge fan of bright blues.

Thanks to several posts here on CF, I noticed what I probably would've overlooked before - the "orange peel" look on the LB. Maybe that also influenced my view of the color. The LB also has a 3LT kalahari interior that, from the photos I'd seen, thought I would love. It just wasn't the shade of tan I thought it would be. I'm sure many will love it.

The good thing is that seeing those has helped me to narrow down my color choices. I also got to sit in (a sold) one - which felt weird, but since the salesman offered, I couldn't be rude. :-) As far as fit and finish, everything else looked great.

BTW, One dealer wants $3k over list and the other $10k over. I hope they get it. Not from me, but someone will give it to them. Hopefully that will help keep the values up. So far most have been pre-sold.

Question: Are the few cars affected by paint issues limited to certain colors or early production models?

Second Question: When doing museum delivery, when do you actually pay for the car?

Thx
Old 11-01-2013, 01:24 PM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 524 Likes on 314 Posts

I have seen 5 so far up close and all of them had paint issues.

2 were gray, 1 crystal red, 1 black, 1 white.

White was by far the nicest fit and finish overall. Crystal red was by far the worst fit and finish. the grays had orange peel but 'hid' it well just because of the color. Black didn't hide it well.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:29 PM
MikeC4C5C6...C7
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 199 Likes on 116 Posts

Re NCM delivery you pay your selling dealer before you go to BG and bring documentation with you. Painless but important.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:36 PM
ONOFiveO
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks guys!

Get notified of new replies

To My first look

Quick Reply: My first look