Dealing Begins!!! Sooner than expected?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

Originally Posted by JoesC5
There are some on this forum that believe that a $5,000 markup, instead of a $10,000 markup is a great deal, and that a 5 month wait, instead of a 6 month wait to get the car is a great deal.

I bet you are able to negotiate $2,000-$3,000 off MSRP, at a minimum.
To each his or her own

If he gets $2,000, $3,000, or $10,000 off the car, good for him

I really don't know why some get so involved or have so much concern with what people are paying for their C7's or anything else one decides to buy

If you have the money, and/or don't mind spending for the enjoyment you seek in your C7, or anything else, then get it when you want it and for what you're willing to pay

Those that choose to wait a year, that's fine too, but, life holds no guarantees, and no one has a working crystal ball, so, if you can enjoy today for a little more money, that's great!

I'm not the fool that pays $5,000-$10,000 over MSRP for a Chevrolet and then considers myself a sophisticated car buyer.. Are you?
Good for you but, don't knock the buyer that decides to do that for whatever reason they choose. Their decision, and most importantly, their money

Good luck Larry. I hope you get a great deal
Old 11-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

Originally Posted by brandin10
Who cares what you pay. If you think it's a great deal then good for you. It's only money. If you really want something get it. True value of an article can only be placed by those who covet that item.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:15 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by cor08vette
To each his or her own

If he gets $2,000, $3,000, or $10,000 off the car, good for him

I really don't know why some get so involved or have so much concern with what people are paying for their C7's or anything else one decides to buy

If you have the money, and/or don't mind spending for the enjoyment you seek in your C7, or anything else, then get it when you want it and for what you're willing to pay

Those that choose to wait a year, that's fine too, but, life holds no guarantees, and no one has a working crystal ball, so, if you can enjoy today for a little more money, that's great!

Good for you but, don't knock the buyer that decides to do that for whatever reason they choose. Their decision, and most importantly, their money

Good luck Larry. I hope you get a great deal
Thank you for a solid post. I'm glad somebody else understands what another person pays for something doesn't matter, is actually not their business.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:38 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jackhall99
Thank you for a solid post. I'm glad somebody else understands what another person pays for something doesn't matter, is actually not their business.
That's what I've always heard
Old 11-08-2013, 07:39 PM
C7 4 Me
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are some on this forum that believe that a $5,000 markup, instead of a $10,000 markup is a great deal, and that a 5 month wait, instead of a 6 month wait to get the car is a great deal.

I bet you are able to negotiate $2,000-$3,000 off MSRP, at a minimum.
You, near literally, make this exact same type of post in almost every thread.

What's your problem Joe?
Old 11-08-2013, 08:12 PM
C7Amaybe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have always tried to get the best deals possible, and for the most part have been successful. But for the few times I got "ripped off" mainly because I got too emotionally attached, those were the most memorable cars I ever had.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:29 PM
00hotvette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just paid MSRP for my Vett. Z51 I will be driving it Monday as it Just arrived at the dealer today. Do I care? Nope it's only paper!!!! Good luck with your deal.

The way I look at it I saved $50k not buying a SRT Viper.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:31 PM
sahowley
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jackhall99

I got a great deal because I love my car. It makes me happy!! It is my daly driver. I have never been so happy to drive to work. I enjoy every second of it. I would have paid more than they asked for it! Happiness is priceless!!!
Old 11-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

I was thinking spring, summer, fall before I would be able to do a deal. I'm optomistic but the reality is, this model is new and a deal will not be forthcoming. In any event I am ready and will purchase if things go well. Things that concern me: Winter, nothing like taking delivery in a snow storm. New model with some early electronic issues. Will second year yield refinements that I should wait for. Factory still holding some models for quality control purposes. Positive: price increase could offset any future deal.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:53 PM
brandin10
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
I guess there is a price to pay for being without the car. I respect your position but I drive my MSRP. C7 to the beach, to the mountains to enjoy the colorful trees, and put to dinner on a New York State finger lake. In my opinion that is worth the few thousand a person can save. I bought time with the Corvette , time for life can not be bought.
my point exactly Bill. Well said
Old 11-08-2013, 10:09 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry/car
I was thinking spring, summer, fall before I would be able to do a deal. I'm optomistic but the reality is, this model is new and a deal will not be forthcoming. In any event I am ready and will purchase if things go well. Things that concern me: Winter, nothing like taking delivery in a snow storm. New model with some early electronic issues. Will second year yield refinements that I should wait for. Factory still holding some models for quality control purposes. Positive: price increase could offset any future deal.
Another thing to consider is taxes. In Missouri, we have to declare every vehicle we own on Dec 31. If I wait and buy a new car after Dec 31, then I save a year of personal property tax on that new car. On a $65,000 purchase, that's a lot of tax dollars.

If I buy car now, I get to drive it for a month and a half but get to pay twelve months taxes on it .

Last edited by JoesC5; 11-08-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:38 AM
JudgeNjury
Burning Brakes

I'm still on the fence about the color. Black top, black interior, for certain, "oh" but the body color. Premium colors are out, I have never paid extra for a color. I thought Night Race Blue however afraid I will get tired of it. Flame Red, wife doesn't like orange hue. Black, afraid it will always be dirty. Silver, already had a convertible that color. Cyber Gray, different hue as per Night Race Blue. Arctic White, I still have a white C4 convertible with black & black. Guess I'm still at Night Race Blue?
Night race blue in person was stunningly beautiful. I preferred it in person on the street way more than at the ny autoshow...

Personally I'll get torch red....but white is nice too.

Th only color I won't get is black as it's such a bitch to keep clean.

The few thousand dollars being fought about I this thread is kind of lame. Always nice to get a fair price but to fight about it and be rude is over the topic my opinion.

The cars awesome and MSRP is more than appropriate at this time. The extra grand or two discount is nice but it shouldn't be a game changer.

The years of enjoyment more than make up MSRP pricing or close to it.

Last edited by JudgeNjury; 11-09-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:34 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Thanks for the push towards Night Race Blue. I have a Victory Red Cope now, my wife doesn't like Flame Red. She is on board for the C7 - I can live without red. As for price, I could go out and purchase at MSRP but I like the challenge of the deal. It is fun and when I'm spending thousands of dollars it has got to be fun. Some people hate dealing, me I enjoy it immensely. When the deal is finalized it is like a let down. Well I'm getting ready to go to the dealer, markup, holdback, trade in numbers at the ready. The sales person is waiting with coffee!
Old 11-09-2013, 02:31 PM
billiam01
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks for the push towards Night Race Blue. I have a Victory Red Cope now, my wife doesn't like Flame Red. She is on board for the C7 - I can live without red. As for price, I could go out and purchase at MSRP but I like the challenge of the deal. It is fun and when I'm spending thousands of dollars it has got to be fun. Some people hate dealing, me I enjoy it immensely. When the deal is finalized it is like a let down. Well I'm getting ready to go to the dealer, markup, holdback, trade in numbers at the ready. The sales person is waiting with coffee!
Larry, I think that's the best spirit to have with buying a car! I agree with the NRB. Why do you think you might get tired of it? Yellow is something I like at first but tire of pretty quickly.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:52 PM
SD1
Burning Brakes

Received 343 Likes on 170 Posts

I will buy one if they bring a yellow a red and a NRB to my house and give me my choice at 3K off MSRP and include an extended warranty. Maybe
Old 11-09-2013, 02:56 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
It must be a terrible burden for you, that someone might hold a belief that doesn't coincide with yours. I suppose you could either be tolerant and understanding, or you could ridicule them on a public forum.

I've heard it says a lot about the character of a person as to which they choose . . . . .
Old 11-09-2013, 03:02 PM
SD1
Burning Brakes

Received 343 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by speedlink
I think ridiculing them on a public forum for basically pandering to the forum about getting deals and what colors to buy is pretty damn funny.

If you like it buy it. How the hell do we know what color you like? And I find it more than unlikely that you are going to get a "deal"

Get notified of new replies

To Dealing Begins!!! Sooner than expected?

Old 11-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Just got an email from my local dealer informing me they just got their allotment for a 2014 convertible. Claims he is going to give me a good deal? We'll see! Going to stop by tomorrow. I already have a price in mind, this time year not in any hurry.
What dealer are you dealing with?
Old 11-09-2013, 03:35 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry/car View Post
Just got an email from my local dealer informing me they just got their allotment for a 2014 convertible. Claims he is going to give me a good deal? We'll see! Going to stop by tomorrow. I already have a price in mind, this time year not in any hurry.
That email gets you in the door,what it's designed to do. I'd say wait until just before the next model year comes out then go deal.At the beginning of the C6 run in 2005,they were 5-10 grand over msrp,at the end just before the 06 entered they they were 5 grand off..
Old 11-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

I'm back! I think we are going to get together on the deal. Their price/ my price - we split. A few details to work out; the dealer wants my car immediately to put up for sale. And I had to check with the wife. A happy wife = a happy life. On Monday dealer and I will get together to finalize. Epilogue: C7 @ MSRP, minus trade in value of C6 price/over blue book price guide = money out. Dealer can say sold at MSRP and I got my discount price. Win/Win - Happy/Happy.
I will let the dealer have C6 - will be displayed on show room floor until sold or C7 transaction is complete. Now I got to sit down and compose a purchase order to reflect all this.

Last edited by Larry/car; 11-09-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Dealing Begins!!! Sooner than expected?