Sponsored by:

Dealing Begins!!! Sooner than expected?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 03:54 PM
bevo_87
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimb100
New Corvette comes around about every 8 years and is in short supply for 6 months. Then things return to normal.

You don't build a business model on a temporary situation. Cars are not washing machines or cameras or an Xbox.
Geezus, this thread is getting ridiculous. You guys are taking me way too literal. It is comical.... Sometimes new ideas are difficult to understand because we are stuck in are frame of minds of "this is how it has always been so, it could never change" Nevermind... lol.. At one time the wheel was square and somebody decided to round off the edges. I am sure many people complained because "the wheel has always been square" Nevermind... lol
Old 11-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Old Boot
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen a couple C7s 1000 below MSRP now. I dont know if the deals fell through or what the story was, but they are as they are on the floor, no color choices no trim LVL choices.
At this point, for MSRP I would order one and get exactly what I wanted. I have not bought a C7 yet or am I running out this week to order one.
I do understand however the person that said it was like taking a vacation. Those few thousand dollars mean very little at the time and the memories are worth a little if thats how you want to spend YOUR cash.
Maybe we are a little spoiled, those that can run out and spend 75K can spend it, enough said about that.
Once I decied I want to spend my cash I do . I try to be reasonable but define resonable when buying a Vette. I could buy a real nice car for 20-25K.
Guys you made it spend it how ya want to!!! Grats to all the new C7 owners, I hope you love the cars, and remember to wave to all of us that havnt made that choice yet to move into a newer model.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:48 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bevo_87
Geezus, this thread is getting ridiculous. You guys are taking me way too literal. It is comical.... Sometimes new ideas are difficult to understand because we are stuck in are frame of minds of "this is how it has always been so, it could never change" Nevermind... lol.. At one time the wheel was square and somebody decided to round off the edges. I am sure many people complained because "the wheel has always been square" Nevermind... lol
Takeaway from above--------------

Old 11-10-2013, 05:08 PM
bmacZO6
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Was it still called a wheel??? Too funny, made me laugh!

As you may have heard; when you get stuck in a hole the first thing to do is stop digging.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,032 Posts

lol. i knew your age before you posted it... you guys dont get it. no big deal...time will show, dealers who screw people over for msrp or over wont last long in this day and age.
Where do you come off with dealers screwing people over at MSRP won't last long in this day and age? First off nobody is holding a gun to your head to buy the car at any price? Second the 4 largest Corvette dealers in the country are located here in the northeast with in 400 miles of each other. Kerbeck. McMulkin, Criswell, and Coughlin. between the 4 of them they will get over 2,500 C7's to sell this year.

They have customers ordering cars everyday at MSRP? Also how about all the 2011's,12's and 13's they sold making ZERO. Do you have any idea what it costs to have 600 new cars on a lot for a month in floorplan costs?

Your dealer in Idaho didn't even make the top 50 Corvette dealer list for last year? So when his small allocation is gone the big guys will still have car to order and sell.

I think you need to see what it takes to open the doors of a new car store everyday? Try making payroll, pay insurance, taxes. Selling any product at little or no profit you won't stay in business very long?

We still for the time being live in free market to buy and sell. So buy your C7 at 3K off pay the sales tax and sell it for MSRP if you think you can do it?
Old 11-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

I have now officially joined the wait till it is built group. Deal is done and order placed this evening by my local dealer. My local in-town dealer, a few miles down the street. I have purchased from them in the past, they had three allotments, I got the second one.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:54 PM
StingRayz
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Boot
I do understand however the person that said it was like taking a vacation. Those few thousand dollars mean very little at the time and the memories are worth a little if thats how you want to spend YOUR cash.
Maybe we are a little spoiled, those that can run out and spend 75K can spend it, enough said about that.
Once I decied I want to spend my cash I do . I try to be reasonable but define resonable when buying a Vette. I could buy a real nice car for 20-25K.
Guys you made it spend it how ya want to!!! Grats to all the new C7 owners, I hope you love the cars, and remember to wave to all of us that havnt made that choice yet to move into a newer model.
EXACTLY! Over the past two years I've vacationed on multiples trips in Rome, Tuscany, Cinque Terra, Milan, Barcelona, Costa Blanca, Toledo, Segovia, Madrid, Disney World, Puerto Vallarta, etc. These trips easily eclipsed the cost of this car. Who cares that I paid insane amounts to rent a beachside villa with 200 degree views of the Med at 80 cliffside meters above a nude beach? It's my money - don't ask. The turbo bimmer I rented in Spain was wicked in the twisties btw

This weekend my 16 year old mentioned that place on the Med and it immediately struck a chord with the wife. She thanked him for taking her back...priceless memories.

All of this to say, if you're a grinder - then grind on price. If you're not, then don't. To each their own.

But if someone here wants to give advice about what is "acceptable" to pay...well then examine your own books. How is the asset situation? Retirement? College funds(s)? Estate?

Acceptable does not = market price. Some pay over market price for a variety of reasons.

Go ahead and say you wouldn't pay XX. But as others have posted, your frame of reference may have little to no bearing on other people's decisions - especially considering the relatively narrow percentages.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:00 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by StingRayz
EXACTLY! Over the past two years I've vacationed on multiples trips in Rome, Tuscany, Cinque Terra, Milan, Barcelona, Costa Blanca, Toledo, Segovia, Madrid, Disney World, Puerto Vallarta, etc. These trips easily eclipsed the cost of this car. Who cares that I paid insane amounts to rent a beachside villa with 200 degree views of the Med at 80 cliffside meters above a nude beach? It's my money - don't ask. The turbo bimmer I rented in Spain was wicked in the twisties btw

This weekend my 16 year old mentioned that place on the Med and it immediately struck a chord with the wife. She thanked him for taking her back...priceless memories.

All of this to say, if you're a grinder - then grind on price. If you're not, then don't. To each their own.

But if someone here wants to give advice about what is "acceptable" to pay...well then examine your own books. How is the asset situation? Retirement? College funds(s)? Estate?

Acceptable does not = market price. Some pay over market price for a variety of reasons.

Go ahead and say you wouldn't pay XX. But as others have posted, your frame of reference may have little to no bearing on other people's decisions - especially considering the relatively narrow percentages.

^ Excellent Post !!! Now, we are naturally going to need photos posted from the nude beach
The following users liked this post:
raleona (11-16-2021)
Old 11-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Michael W
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hope the Convertible is on the way!

I just hope the Z51 constraint is being lifted and the 3LT Z51 convertible will be on the way! I'll take MSRP.

Quick Reply: Dealing Begins!!! Sooner than expected?