Sponsored by:

Prices falling fast on new C7's

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 11:58 AM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by WaxWeekly
I can appreciate that some of you would love the C7 to be a worthless car that doesn't hold its value.

Please re-read my statement and keep in mind that the "stripped out base model" $52k car isn't likely to be selling for 10k under sticker during the 2014 model year...

Of course, well optioned cars can see bigger discounts. That was the purpose of the 5k+.

By the way, The point of my post was actually the second line. This must not have supported your agenda and was therefore ignored.
Ok why don't you post what you really mean instead of us having to read your mind of what you really wanted to say.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:00 PM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by musclecar6
Yeah, even though the C7 is the latest and greatest, and it sure is, interesting how the C6 Z06 and GS's are keeping their values up. Course although the C6 is obsolete compared to the C7, it's still a fabulous street supercar in it's own right. Now many of us are deciding when not if we will be moving to a C7, while there are many others at a lower price point looking to scoop our well cared for and tastefully tricked out C6's. What's more interesting is, if the Porsche/BMW nose in the air crowd, start moving over to the C7 after the rave reviews. Maybe paying TWICE as much for comparable performance and recent major interior/ technical/ handling/ infotainment upgrades etc, will finally turn on the light bulb for them.
doubt many BMW crowd will be rushing to a C7. Corvette is the
boy racer crowd and a chevy. BMW's are more refined and do
not have to be in a face kind of car. See posted that once Chevy C7
newness wears off, its going to be business as usual like the
C6. When something new comes out its wow, than at the
drop of a hat its old news. The video graphic of the C7
are gimmicks, ??? how many will actually use. Just put
gauges and vital engine information all needed.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:03 PM
OBSSSD
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Eagle Ray 7
How many does he have in stock right now ready to go?
I don't know he called me on the phone

Most dealers are willing to do a better deal on a special order because they turn it immediately when they get it in

But I have no doubt some forum dealers would do $2500 off on an in-stock unit for a buyer ready now
Old 11-18-2013, 12:17 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
Examples please (other than cars that have excessive mileage) ?????
You can do your own homework if you don't wanna believe that. Z06s can be had all day in the 40s. 40 or slightly less with some miles. You call "BS" on me? LOL! You obviously do not have a clue Pal! Do some reasearch before you make a fool of yourself again.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:17 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

If I could afford to be in a C7 today I would gladly pay MSRP.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:29 PM
LIStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 461 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by c5vette73
I gladly paid MSRP for my C7 and feel I'm getting every penny's worth of that suppossed $2K I may have overpaid.
Let's see, $2K amortized over 72 months.... oh no! $28/month.
For you guys with year round weather, the premium to have the C7 in the fall and use it all winter may be worth it.
For us in the Northeast, where most people's Vette's (mine included) would just go into storage from Thanksgiving to April Fool's Day, the welcomed savings that is coming by waiting until Spring is a good trade off.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:35 PM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

One of my best friends saw my new C7 and will be ordering one in the next week or two (or perhaps buying one from a Forum dealer and having it courtesy delivered). Another friend is trying to get him to buy Porsche for the 'status' - to which I say baloney. My friend is getting the C7, and will either pay MSRP or maybe get a slight discount, to which I say, that's fine, I have had my car for 6 weeks, and he won't get his for another couple of months (or longer), and I got mine exactly like I wanted it, and it's perfect. Later buyers will pay less, it's inevitable if BG keeps the production volumes up.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:37 PM
genair
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not like it is in the US, GM is only allowing a very small number of units into Canada (I was told somewhere around 300 coupes) for 2014. Further, if you did not sell 4 units in 2013 (I believe that was the threshold) then you're not even allowed to order a 2014.

Pardon my ignorance - but is there any difference between a US Spec & Canadian Spec car? Why not just go over the border and buy a Vette and drive it back to Canada?
Old 11-18-2013, 01:00 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbob26
One of my best friends saw my new C7 and will be ordering one in the next week or two (or perhaps buying one from a Forum dealer and having it courtesy delivered). Another friend is trying to get him to buy Porsche for the 'status' - to which I say baloney. My friend is getting the C7, and will either pay MSRP or maybe get a slight discount, to which I say, that's fine, I have had my car for 6 weeks, and he won't get his for another couple of months (or longer), and I got mine exactly like I wanted it, and it's perfect. Later buyers will pay less, it's inevitable if BG keeps the production volumes up.
Tell your buddy that buying a Porsche for the "status" is symptomtic of a very poor self image and significant insecurity. You don't validate yourself with a car. Tell your friend to get some counseling. It will be cheaper and have far better results.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:02 PM
WaxWeekly
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by red2012
Ok why don't you post what you really mean instead of us having to read your mind of what you really wanted to say.
Okay...
What I said was "I will also not be shocked when the base price of the car goes up."

And what I meant was:
I bet the starting price of the car goes up over the next few years.

I can't think how I might be able to make it more plain than that. I hope that helps.

I can't believe people would actually give me grief for agreeing that discounts are part of the business.

Last edited by WaxWeekly; 11-18-2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: removed unnecessary banter
Old 11-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Silver05GTO
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Why are some people pissed that the C7 is being discounted? Congrats to those who can swing the price now and buy it, but let's look at the history....Corvettes get greatly discounted, it's happening now and the savings will grow over time.

As a potential buyer down the road, I welcome this. And no the C7 will not become worthless, as the supply of cars grows the C6 will be further moved down market....just as the C5 was....just as the C4 was. Looking ahead in 2020 a base C7 will still pull mid 20's with average miles, you if you keep the car long term you'll get your moneys worth.....trade or sell in the first few years and you'll take a bath.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:09 PM
cb98coupe
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When everyone is still pondering about getting their car 2-3 years from now and save 4-5k if that much . I will be 3 years into my 5 year loan and looking at paying off . Ok , I spent 80 bucks more a month . Also , 3 years from now the car will have gone up 4k , so who wins here .....
Old 11-18-2013, 01:16 PM
svtkeith
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by cor08vette
Was it in stock?

Still have no regrets getting mine already and enjoying it, even having paid MSRP

It was last week unless it was sold today at EliteAuto red on blk.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

You'll see $5k+ off easy once the 2015s start to rollout.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:31 PM
CSEVEN
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 642 Likes on 289 Posts

I paided below MSRP a month ago on a special order unit,,,, This is old news,,,
sahowley
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by texvette2

I traded this in for my C7. I have 2 friends that have C7's ordered that are trading in BMW's. Just saying you may be wrong.
Attached Images  
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,984 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by texvette2
You have some serious issues!! Just pathetic!! And you're full of BS!!

Why are you on here???

Get notified of new replies

To Prices falling fast on new C7's

Old 11-18-2013, 01:36 PM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,984 Likes on 935 Posts

As great as the car is, GM's production handling is the opposite! Throughout history, they always over-produce Corvette's resulting in excess inventory sitting at dealerships. On this end, they should follow Porsche and built just enough or a little less than demand.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:37 PM
BAD_TCR
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drmustang
You can do your own homework if you don't wanna believe that. Z06s can be had all day in the 40s. 40 or slightly less with some miles. You call "BS" on me? LOL! You obviously do not have a clue Pal! Do some reasearch before you make a fool of yourself again.
Actually I'll call BS on you too drmustang-- where are your examples? These 40k$ Z's you mention are all 06s, 07s, 08s, 09s-- etc that never had a MSRP'd in 90$k as your original statement. And that's what he was asking to begin with. I dont know any Z06 that MSRP'd in the 90k$ that's dropped to the 40K$s yet.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:52 PM
icyteddy
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by drmustang

Not sure what all the buzz is about Z06s "holding their value". You can buy a $90,000 C6, Z06 f0r 40k. Is that what we should consider a value hold?
Please show me where I get purchase a used clean title, low mileage, mint condition, no accident, top of the line zo6 with a msrp of $90k for $40k?? I really like to know.

Quick Reply: Prices falling fast on new C7's