First time seeing C7 in person...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 10:17 PM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Received 683 Likes on 444 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Default First time seeing C7 in person...

Just saw my first C7 in person @ the Charlotte Int'l Auto Show, and WOW, what a gorgeous machine!!! I liked the look of the C7 in pics, but it looked even more amazing in person.

I already knew Laguna Blue was my favorite color, and as luck would have it...that's what they brought to Charlotte. (They also had Hendrick's Black VIN #1 on display as well) I came away very impressed with the exterior all the way around...even the rear. The "depth" of the taillights really adds to the look of the rear when you see it in person.

Now...its probably picking nits, but I did have one disappointment I have to get off my chest. I really do like the revised interior overall...but WHY on Earth, GM, did you have to give the C7 such a plain-jane steering wheel at the center of such an otherwise nicely improved interior?!? So many cool steering wheels popping up in other sports cars. I had seen the plain C7 steering wheel in pics, but seeing it in person was still a let down. I've pretty much known that GM ALWAYS does plain ordinary round steering wheels and thus wasn't terribly surprised by it...UNTIL I happened to sit down in one of the new Chevy SS that they had on display. (The new production car based on their NASCAR Sprint Cup entry) The SS has a VERY nice, sculpted, flat-bottom wheel! For the love of Bowling Green, how does GM put such a cool wheel in the SS, but not the new Vette?

OK...flame away...I probably deserve it. Just had to vent on that small disappointment! Like I said, though, amazing car in every other facet!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 10:38 PM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

The car is really is cool looking in person, isn't it? Amazing that is looks that much better in front of you rather than in pictures.

I also found the steering wheel dull in pictures. In person (only sat in one last Friday for the first time), I didn't really notice the wheel after seeing that whole dash (standard not FAY) in front of me.

I like the carbon fiber treatments that CF vendors are developing but after seeing it in person, I don't mind it. I suspect that when you are behind the wheel driving, the appearance of the steering wheel will lose its importance.

Quick Reply: First time seeing C7 in person...