C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeremy from GA / On Track "OFF" Track - New Stingray!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 04:35 PM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts
Default Jeremy from GA / On Track "OFF" Track - New Stingray!

Nice to hear from one of our first C7 Stingray deliveries…Jeremy in Georgia…

He was also kind enough to share a couple videos..EVEN THE ONE WHERE HE LOST THE CAR ( brave man) on Road Atlanta!

“Breaking in the new Corvette c7. Dummy me turned of traction control on the first lap. Cold tires+ cold track+ head up butt = Spin…JEREMY!”

We had a good talk about his car now, the future HP Stingray, stuff he knew, stuff I know and now we both wait
…..thanks for the support out there Jeremy….!

Old 11-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

Road Atlanta?
Old 11-25-2013, 05:01 PM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Racerdj
Road Atlanta?
yep
Old 11-25-2013, 05:12 PM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

Well thanks again Rick Conti. You made this transaction flawless. Anyone needs a good dealer with the know about these cars call rick.

Ok lets give a little give a little explanation to the above videos.

I have now owned nine corvettes and have had a good bit experience with HPDE's and racing. I simply love to be on the track. I have owned the ZR1 as well as Z06 along with a base model.

We headed out to Road Atlanta this past Friday to get some base testing on the Z51 car. I wanted to know what the car would do in stock form. MVP track time runs a great program I have been with them for years.

On Saturday am we arrived to a cold 42 degrees and wet track. After two 20 minute sessions we were able to get a good dry line around the track. On my third session I determined I would try to turn off all traction controls and active handlings. This is done by depressing the center button on your center suspension dial. I went out behind this turbo charged atom which was very fast I might add. Again this is lap one should of waited on tires to warm more. PSI's were reading 31 at this time. I entered turn 10b with a lot of speed but ran across the rumble strips causing the rear to loose grip. This caused the rear to loose traction as I was accelerating up the hill. I was spinning before I could make any corrections.

Ok my thoughts on the Z51. Since having all the three past performance models ZR1,
Z06, and grandsport. The Z51 stingray is by far the best. This car will out corner out brake any of the above. I ran this car as hard as it would with a personal best of
1 min 40.7 second lap on this all stock car. The strong parts of this car is its perfectly balance through the turns. Also the rev match function was unbelievable. It was hard to not try to hill toe into the turns. I got use to the computer doing this and found more time to focus on hitting my apexs and exit speeds. Again this car hauls through the turns. I found that performance traction management sport 2 was the best. It provided the least amount of restrictions while still keeping me safe. This however caused the rear brakes to wear completely out by end of 10 twenty minute sessions. The rear brakes are used to vector the car in the line you have chosen. The electric powersteering worked flawlessly with positive feedback throughout the track. Even tracked well at over 147 mph down the straight. Very little brake fade on the hard braking zones.

I know after all the discussion talks I had with other track junkies that this car is on everyones radar. They Porsche guys were shocked that a stock corvette could out run them in the turns as well as the straights. Amazing how much some didn't want to let me pass through out the weekend. But Chevrolet and its team of engineers did a great job with this car and it held its on through out the weekend. Again I never had a free moment this weekend between wheeling the car for 20 minutes on the track to talking with a the people about the car and its performance. Those poor guys bought the wrong horse and many admitted that. I would put this car up against anything in the turns. Give it a little more power (Z07) and let me say look out track records here we come.

I am happy to answer any questions about tracking the Z51.......

Last edited by lawdogg149; 12-04-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:31 PM
seattime
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yeah, Road Atlanta

Oh man, I am dreamin about getting one of these, I go to Sebring, the track time has got me hooked, some day I want to come up to Atlanta, come on down to Sebring some time, great Video, you're one lucky guy
Old 11-25-2013, 05:39 PM
4-Sho
No Guts - No Glory
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great write up and video!
Old 11-25-2013, 05:45 PM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

I thought I recognized it as I ran FF(1 year) and Formula Atlantic (several years) before they moved the pits to the inside. There was nothing like that blind apex and running down the hill towards the old pit entrance holding your breath. That is before the put that left diversion off the straightway to slow us down. Excellent video.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:47 PM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Thanks Jeremy love the videos and appreciate the feedback!
Old 11-25-2013, 05:51 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Great write up Lawdogg, congrats on setting your personal best!
Old 11-25-2013, 05:56 PM
tws
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lawdogg149
Well thanks again Rick Conti. You made this transaction flawless. Anyone needs a good dealer with the know about these cars call rick.

I have now owned nine corvettes and have had a good bit experience with HPDE's and racing. I simply love to be on the track. I have owned the ZR1 as well as Z06 along with a base model.

We headed out to Road Atlanta this past Friday to get some base testing on the Z51 car. I wanted to know what the car would do in stock form. MVP track time runs a great program I have been with them for years.

On Saturday am we arrived to a cold 42 degrees and wet track. After two 20 minute sessions we were able to get a good dry line around the track. On my third session I determined I would try to turn off all traction controls and active handlings. This is done by depressing the center button on your center suspension dial. I went out behind this turbo charged atom which was very fast I might add. Again this is lap one should of waited on tires to warm more. PSI's were reading 31 at this time. I entered turn 10b with a lot of speed but ran across the rumble strips causing the rear to loose grip. This caused the rear to loose traction as I was accelerating up the hill. I was spinning before I could make any corrections.

Ok my thoughts on the Z51. Since having all the three past performance models ZR1,
Z06, and grandsport. The Z51 stingray is by far the best. This car will out corner out brake any of the above. I ran this car as hard as it would with a personal best of
1 min 32.7 second lap on this all stock car. The strong parts of this car is its perfectly balance through the turns. Also the rev match function was unbelievable. It was hard to not try to hill toe into the turns. I got use to the computer doing this and found more time to focus on hitting my apexs and exit speeds. Again this car hauls through the turns. I found that performance traction management sport 2 was the best. It provided the least amount of restrictions while still keeping me safe. This however caused the rear brakes to wear completely out by end of 10 twenty minute sessions. The rear brakes are used to vector the car in the line you have chosen. The electric powersteering worked flawlessly with positive feedback throughout the track. Even tracked well at over 163 mph down the straight. Very little brake fade on the hard braking zones.

I know after all the discussion talks I had with other track junkies that this car is on everyones radar. They Porsche guys were shocked that a stock corvette could out run them in the turns as well as the straights. Amazing how much some didn't want to let me pass through out the weekend. But Chevrolet and its team of engineers did a great job with this car and it held its on through out the weekend. Again I never had a free moment this weekend between wheeling the car for 20 minutes on the track to talking with a the people about the car and its performance. Those poor guys bought the wrong horse and many admitted that. I would put this car up against anything in the turns. Give it a little more power (Z07) and let me say look out track records here we come.

how do you get started attending the events? I would love to go to road Atlanta or barber.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:11 PM
335i
Instructor

Great videos and review, lawdogg149.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:38 PM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

thanks guys. PM sent tws
Old 11-25-2013, 07:40 PM
mb1
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

I spent Sunday afternoon running as passenger in Jeremys Z51 and wow, its an impressive car. Corners flat and fast, good power and solid brakes. Standard seats are pretty good on the track too! It's simply a great piece of engineering for the street AND track. Very capable for whatever you want it for.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:52 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Awesome and rear breaks already
Old 11-25-2013, 08:39 PM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Glad you came out mark. Had a great time. Now become a real American sell that damn bemmer get a chevy
Old 11-25-2013, 08:46 PM
mb1
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Ha. The Vette would be an "add." At the rate BG is going making Z51's you'll be on your 11th Vette by the time I get my first.

Glad you came out mark. Had a great time. Now become a real American sell that damn bemmer get a chevy
Old 11-25-2013, 09:20 PM
450hp mike9
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the features I really like on the Vette is the tire temp display. Unless they are hot keep the nanny's on. I owned a Ford GT mid engine car with no traction control or any electronic nanny's. There are a ton of them that have body damage from cold Goodyears . There is something about having 550 hp mid engine with those crappy Goodyears .

Get notified of new replies

To Jeremy from GA / On Track "OFF" Track - New Stingray!

Old 11-26-2013, 07:04 AM
vette friend
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Great Videos. Did you use the owners manual track alignment? Stock Michelin PSS tires?
Old 11-26-2013, 07:24 AM
theseal
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

can't tell on the video, was your foot on the brake pedal when the spin started? just curious.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:01 AM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

1 min 32.7 second lap on this all stock car. The strong parts of this car is its perfectly balance through the turns. Also the rev match function was unbelievable. It was hard to not try to hill toe into the turns. I got use to the computer doing this and found more time to focus on hitting my apexs and exit speeds. Again this car hauls through the turns. I found that performance traction management sport 2 was the best. It provided the least amount of restrictions while still keeping me safe. This however caused the rear brakes to wear completely out by end of 10 twenty minute sessions. The rear brakes are used to vector the car in the line you have chosen. The electric powersteering worked flawlessly with positive feedback throughout the track. Even tracked well at over 163 mph down the straight. Very little brake fade on the hard braking zones.

As a previous corvette owner, a current Porsche owner, and hopefully a future C7 owner, this is a great post to read. THANK YOU!!!

Quick Reply: Jeremy from GA / On Track "OFF" Track - New Stingray!