Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought 2 vettes in less then 6 months

Old 12-10-2014, 01:52 PM
umatac1
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Bought 2 vettes in less then 6 months

So I bought a used 2011 GS earlier this year and after a month of ownership and loving it, someone made me an offer i couldn't refuse.

I had listed my Porsche for sale on craigslist with the rear end of the the GS barely showing in the pic. Half of my phone calls were for the GS. People love corvettes on Guam.
So on a Tuesday I sold the Porsche, on Wednesday sold the GS...then Friday bought a used 2014 Camaro SS because I needed a car. My wife was wondering what I was on.

I used the extra cash to buy a new 2014 C7 black on black, I couldn't be happier with the purchase. I was going to wait till next year..oh well!
Attached Images  

Last edited by umatac1; 12-10-2014 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12-10-2014, 01:56 PM
theanswriz42
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08, '15

Congratulations! Out of curiosity, what's the process to get a Corvette to Guam?
Old 12-10-2014, 02:04 PM
umatac1
Instructor

Originally Posted by theanswriz42
Congratulations! Out of curiosity, what's the process to get a Corvette to Guam?
It's not that difficult...but I'm experienced doing this being in the shipping business for several years. Contact a dealer or private seller, purchase the car(process docs), contact a transport company to move it to the west coast, load to a carrier-shipping line. Arrive on Guam within 1-2 months.

A reputable transport company is very important and someone who can view your car if it's from a private seller.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:48 PM
C5A
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by umatac1
So I bought a used 2011 GS earlier this year and after a month of ownership and loving it, someone made me an offer i couldn't refuse.

I had listed my Porsche for sale on craigslist with the rear end of the the GS barely showing in the pic. Half of my phone calls were for the GS. People love corvettes on Guam.
So on a Tuesday I sold the Porsche, on Wednesday sold the GS...then Friday bought a used 2014 Camaro SS because I needed a car. My wife was wondering what I was on.

I used the extra cash to buy a new 2014 C7 black on black, I couldn't be happier with the purchase. I was going to wait till next year..oh well!
Congratulations on the new Black C7. My 2015 C7 coupe Crystal Red is supposed to arrive this week.............
Old 12-10-2014, 02:59 PM
umatac1
Instructor

Originally Posted by C5A
Congratulations on the new Black C7. My 2015 C7 coupe Crystal Red is supposed to arrive this week.............
Ted I can't believe I went through 2 vettes so quickly I really loved the GS I bought from you...it was a sad day when it sold. But in the end it worked out. My wife wants one now.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:02 PM
C5A
Instructor

Ted I can't believe I went through 2 vettes so quickly I really loved the GS I bought from you...it was a sad day when it sold. But in the end it worked out. My wife wants one now.
Let me know if I can help locate one for her.
How does the 2014 compare to the 2011 GS?
Old 12-10-2014, 03:32 PM
umatac1
Instructor

Originally Posted by C5A
Let me know if I can help locate one for her.
How does the 2014 compare to the 2011 GS?
You are a good man, sir! You will love the C7. I was hoping it would handle great like my Porsche and it does. So it's a mixture of great handling and corvette power. As far as the comparison-Chevy improved upon the corvette greatly in the interior. The seats and dash layout are top notch-no rattle.

What a risk on the exterior design, its very aggressive. I had my friend who has a C6 Z06 park next to me and you can see the difference up close.
Attached Images   
Old 12-10-2014, 03:40 PM
CGGS
Pro

Congrats!!!

Wow, the C6 Z06 looks so dated and ehhh next to the C7.

To elaborate on the handling of the C7 compared to your Porsche, does the C7 give you that buttoned down/body composure that Porsche is known for? That is something the Corvette out of the box have failed on previously, unless you upgraded shocks or went coil-over
Old 12-10-2014, 03:50 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Congrats and enjoy!
Old 12-10-2014, 03:54 PM
umatac1
Instructor

Originally Posted by CGGS
Congrats!!!

Wow, the C6 Z06 looks so dated and ehhh next to the C7.

To elaborate on the handling of the C7 compared to your Porsche, does the C7 give you that buttoned down/body composure that Porsche is known for? That is something the Corvette out of the box have failed on previously, unless you upgraded shocks or went coil-over
It does not, with respect to what a Porsche was designed for-"road feel" is how I would describe it. You can attack corners/turns with confidence in a Porche. However with the C7 improvements the driving quality is tremendous, the power is fun and brakes are bad ***. What more do you need...it meets my criteria for driving hands down.

Sorry Porsche but I am a life long fan of 911 and Caymans but they need to change the 6 to 8 or higher, please no more turbos...to me they are losing ground.

I am proud to own this American sportscar.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:42 PM
macdaddy548
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

It does not, with respect to what a Porsche was designed for-"road feel" is how I would describe it. You can attack corners/turns with confidence in a Porche. However with the C7 improvements the driving quality is tremendous, the power is fun and brakes are bad ***. What more do you need...it meets my criteria for driving hands down.

Sorry Porsche but I am a life long fan of 911 and Caymans but they need to change the 6 to 8 or higher, please no more turbos...to me they are losing ground.

Like you, I've had a number of Porsches including 914's, a Boxster S and still have my 'one owner' '84 911 Targa. I actively cross shopped the C7 with 911's prior to committing to the C7. As much as I hated to admit it, the C7 was way more value and in many respects a superior car. A comparably equipped Cayman S now runs in excess of $100k. For which you get 150 less HP, slower 0 - 60, etc etc. I just couldn't justify the Porsche Premium any longer.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:16 PM
umatac1
Instructor

Originally Posted by macdaddy548
Like you, I've had a number of Porsches including 914's, a Boxster S and still have my 'one owner' '84 911 Targa. I actively cross shopped the C7 with 911's prior to committing to the C7. As much as I hated to admit it, the C7 was way more value and in many respects a superior car. A comparably equipped Cayman S now runs in excess of $100k. For which you get 150 less HP, slower 0 - 60, etc etc. I just couldn't justify the Porsche Premium any longer.
84 targa that is awesome. I love the 986 and 993 widebody on my list to get later, only a full on resto though.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:53 PM
CGGS
Pro

So, you are saying that the C7 still doesn't have the confidence in the corners that the Porsche does as far as body composure and stability?

Do you have the Z51 w/ MSRC?

From everything that I have read, the C7 Z51 w/ MSRC is supposed to take all of the nasty/unsettling/twitchieness out of the Corvette.

Last edited by CGGS; 12-10-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:40 PM
L82
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it is a sickness...I had two 2012s and shifted to the Mercedes and then got the 2014 Camaro 1LE. With that said I am strongly thinking about adding a 2015 Z51. It is fun but nerve racking tying to have fun.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:05 PM
bigblock427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,337 Likes on 1,055 Posts

Great looking Vette. Congratulations.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:18 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Are there many Corvettes in Guam?
Old 12-11-2014, 04:13 AM
umatac1
Instructor

Originally Posted by CGGS
So, you are saying that the C7 still doesn't have the confidence in the corners that the Porsche does as far as body composure and stability?

Do you have the Z51 w/ MSRC?

From everything that I have read, the C7 Z51 w/ MSRC is supposed to take all of the nasty/unsettling/twitchieness out of the Corvette.
Corvette has the confidence but the "road feel" is different the Porsche rides on rails but lacks the aggression and fun the vette has. I think because the rear engine mount you feel more planted, this would be the best way to describe it. Porsche is a little stiffer also but like anything that can be adjusted on the vette. I prefer the on the edge feel the vette gives.

I don't have mag ride.

Get notified of new replies

To Bought 2 vettes in less then 6 months

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bought 2 vettes in less then 6 months