Sponsored by:

C7 best corvette to date there is in not a close 2nd

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 05:06 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by red2012
BS, and what perspective are you talking from. The ZR-1 is not a close second? How about the C7 is not a close second!
There is more to a corvette than pure performance numbers. The zr1 is faster, however the new c7 as a whole, is the better car.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:19 PM
vetteship
Safety Car

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

Is the C6 better than the C5, sure, is the C7 better than the C6 yes and as it should be. A large sum of money is being spent in developments. When I purchased my C5, the car was the best ever, then the 1/2 shaft oil leak, then the steering column lock, same for my C6 ZO6, the best ever, than the shifter rattle, the clutch pack grind and valve dropping. That will not steer me away from buying another one, but waiting for the 700HP ZR1 and hopefully with CF trim pieces instead of the plastic on the C7
Old 12-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

I have totally enjoyed mine! That being said, I think I said similar things when buying all previous 12 Corvettes too. I was sure the ZR1 was the permanent end all of sports cars. We are living in exciting times where each of the manufacturers are setting the bar higher and higher and we are all winners.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:06 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Goaty
Lighter structure that's 50% stiffer. Interior that belongs in a 60k car. Seats that don't move while driving. Infotainment and electronics that compete with anything out there. Much improved low end power with significantly better fuel economy. It goes on and on.

I love my C6 and especially love the body style, and I'm fine with the seats, interior, power, etc but the C7 advances cannot be ignored.
?? Heavier structure, not lighter. "Stiffer" on paper but can't be felt while driving. None of my C6 seats ever moved. Interior, IMHO, not as nice as the last C6 itineration and a much busier design. Negligible fuel
savings. I'm confused
Old 12-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by DBOTHEBOSS
beauty in the eye of the beholder. I love my C5Z to death. I also love this C7 and won't argue that it is "lightyears ahead." oh my car. That being said, the C7 isn't my C5Z. In my opinion, the c7 is a very close second to my C5Z.
If you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with...
Old 12-13-2013, 06:46 PM
lottavettes
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jrubicon
I am surprised seeing some of the negative comments on this forum.I have been fortunate to own numerous corvettes including 2 c6z06s and a c6 convertible. the c7 z51 m7 that I recently purchased is light years ahead of all previous corvette generations. I highly recommend anyone drive one before making any decisions about the car. the overall torgue, ride, handling,smoothness,easy to drive as DD, easy to drive fast. I enjoy this car more than all previous corvettes, Shelby gt500s, porsche 911s,BMW m3s,and vipers I have owned. I challenge anyone who is own the fence or criticizing this c7 to go drive one. Sorry for the rant, sometimes I have a hard time believing this is really a 'corvette' forum.
I've had them all except th c1..... they were all a little better than the one before but the C7 is in a class by itself....awesome all the way around....anybody with problems get em fixed for free and find something else to complain about.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Slappy3243
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbooo2u
?? Heavier structure, not lighter. "Stiffer" on paper but can't be felt while driving. None of my C6 seats ever moved. Interior, IMHO, not as nice as the last C6 itineration and a much busier design. Negligible fuel
savings. I'm confused
No iteration of the C6 interior comes close to the C7. Even your C6 brethren will have a tough time backing you on that one. You are even defending the seats in the C6. Seriously?
Old 12-13-2013, 09:35 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

Old 12-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

LMFAO at all the people who are butthurt that a guy who previously owned three C6's states that he feels the C7 is "light years ahead" of them. How dare he! Doesn't he know that he has to bow down to the venerable C6 (and all of its owners)?

It's laughable watching you all in this thread like moths to a flame, justifying your opinions as if they are somehow more valid than the OP's.
S.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:45 PM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by RMcoolX
Doesn't seem that many LS3 C6 owners have migrated to the C7 yet, so I really appreciate when we can get an honest and in-depth opinion from one that has. I have yet to sit in a C7, much less drive one, but every time I get out of my C6 it's hard to imagine that there is anything greater.

I hope that I feel as you do when I do decide to go test drive one, which won't be until I'm seriously ready to consider purchasing. It certainly won't be the looks that pulls me from my C6, but I hope to be so amazed by the performance and technology that I happily trade my way into a C7.

Enjoy your ride!
I have and I don't regret it one bit. I loved my 09 C6 coupe, but it cannot compare to my C7. While the C6 was awesome for its horsepower, the C7 is a far better car in many ways. I drive my Corvettes daily and my C7 feels more solid and handles better than my C6. The 3LT interior with the Napa leather compares very favorably with our 911, which cost nearly twice as much in 2006. Yesterday, a guy in a Bentley convertible pulled up next to me at a light and told me how great my car looked. At Cars and Coffee last Saturday, the car was surrounded by drivers of Porsches, Maseratis and other high end cars. They all wanted to know about my C7 and many asked if they could sit in it. My buddy, a car collector, who owns a 2010 ZR1, drove my C7 and said "Wow, they hit a home run with this one." I am freaking ecstatic with my C7!

Last edited by SRQStingray; 12-13-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:52 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

So how is it Light Years ahead?

I've seen it and sat in it and it is definitely better in a lot of ways. But it is not a giant leap forward the way the C4 to C5 was. This is like the C5 to C6 progression - a marginal, par for the course, new model improving on the old model. Am I missing something revolutionary here?

Every C7 I saw at the LA Auto Show (with the exception of the custom Forgotia Wide Body) had the mis-aligned rear fenders. EVERY ONE - including the new Green Convertible on the turn table. To me that is a step backwards that will hopefully be cleared up on the C7 Z06 - the only model I am interested in anyway.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:36 PM
Slappy3243
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
So how is it Light Years ahead?

I've seen it and sat in it and it is definitely better in a lot of ways. But it is not a giant leap forward the way the C4 to C5 was. This is like the C5 to C6 progression - a marginal, par for the course, new model improving on the old model. Am I missing something revolutionary here?

Every C7 I saw at the LA Auto Show (with the exception of the custom Forgotia Wide Body) had the mis-aligned rear fenders. EVERY ONE - including the new Green Convertible on the turn table. To me that is a step backwards that will hopefully be cleared up on the C7 Z06 - the only model I am interested in anyway.
The C6 looks like a C5 with fixed headlights. It was just some minor design changes from a cosmetic point of view. The C7 is much more a revolutionary step that that between the C5 and C6. The interior is not even comparable. The sharp lines adapt much more exotic lines. Contrasting colors are now standard. I am a first time Corvette buyer and while I thought the C5 and C6 looked nice, I didn't have the run out and have to buy one feeling I had with the C7. Just look at all of the reviews out there. It's reception is much better than that of the C6. Every magazine praises it.

And what thread wouldn't be complete without mentioning some panel misalignment? Gotta love it!
Old 12-14-2013, 12:49 AM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
There is more to a corvette than pure performance numbers. The zr1 is faster, however the new c7 as a whole, is the better car.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion. You keep the C7, I'll take the ZR-1 all day long.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:08 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Slappy3243
The C6 looks like a C5 with fixed headlights. It was just some minor design changes from a cosmetic point of view. The C7 is much more a revolutionary step that that between the C5 and C6. The interior is not even comparable. The sharp lines adapt much more exotic lines. Contrasting colors are now standard. I am a first time Corvette buyer and while I thought the C5 and C6 looked nice, I didn't have the run out and have to buy one feeling I had with the C7. Just look at all of the reviews out there. It's reception is much better than that of the C6. Every magazine praises it.

And what thread wouldn't be complete without mentioning some panel misalignment? Gotta love it!
So your subjective opinion on design - thats what makes this car "revolutionary". Well how can I argue with facts and data like that. Every car magazine loves every new car. Show me one article that had anything but praise for any of the 4 C6 models at introduction. What a load of BS.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:08 AM
Garret
Race Director

Received 972 Likes on 457 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. You keep the C7, I'll take the ZR-1 all day long.
Exactly !!!…. The OP is an idiot to think the C7 is on the same plane as there ZR1, but they are open to their own opinion. A few electronics make's it a better car…right…For what ever reason the OP thinks it's the best car since sliced bread and of course they give no reasons why other than it's the best…LOL….

I'm tired of idiots making these type of threads…it's like they have never really owned a corvette before…LOL.

There are many years of corvettes I would own for many reasons, but I would never make the comment of "this is the best ever"……LOL

Funny thing…The OP has yet to come back and defend their opinion…troll?

Last edited by Garret; 12-14-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:10 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

The ZR-1 was a C4. I think you meant the ZR1 which is the C6.

At least get your designations right if you want any credibility.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:25 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

The ZR-1 was a C4. I think you meant the ZR1 which is the C6.

At least get your designations right if you want any credibility.
Credibility?!? From the guy who said this:

How much time behind the wheel have you spent in either of these cars to make such a definitive statement.

Would zero miles be accurate?

Get notified of new replies

To C7 best corvette to date there is in not a close 2nd

Old 12-14-2013, 03:28 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Credibility?!? From the guy who said this:

How much time behind the wheel have you spent in either of these cars to make such a definitive statement.

Would zero miles be accurate?
The C4 was the better car than the C3. The C5 was the better car than the C4. The C6 was the better car than the C5. Team Corvette and every C7 owner says the same about the C7 over the C6.

Reality is reality hirohawa.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:58 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

The C4 was the better car than the C3. The C5 was the better car than the C4. The C6 was the better car than the C5. Team Corvette and every C7 owner says the same about the C7 over the C6.

Reality is reality hirohawa.
C5 Z06 was better than the 2005 C6. Was lighter and faster and more track capable - That's reality - hence the LS3.

So Zero miles on either cars - no real world experience. Just regurgitating other people's experiences. Put some miles or better yet track some of these cars before you make generalized incorrect statements.

And most guys with Z06s and Zr1s are not trading down to a base C7.

Last edited by Hirohawa; 12-14-2013 at 05:03 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:28 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

C5 Z06 was better than the 2005 C6. Was lighter and faster and more track capable - That's reality - hence the LS3.

So Zero miles on either cars - no real world experience. Just regurgitating other people's experiences. Put some miles or better yet track some of these cars before you make generalized incorrect statements.

And most guys with Z06s and Zr1s are not trading down to a base C7.
The C6 had a higher quality interior, rode better, was quieter, smoother, had better headlights, had more cargo capacity, and had better aerodynamics. Again, you are ignoring real world reviews because you don't like the results.

Quick Reply: C7 best corvette to date there is in not a close 2nd