Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 delivery on open transport trailer

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 06:40 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Buy from one of several Chevy dealers in Bowling Green, and then arrange shipment in a covered transport. Keeps truck mileage to a minimum and avoids the Museum Delivery charge.

On the other hand, I enjoyed the Museum Delivery and enjoyed the drive home, even in some sprinkles. Of course, my wife and I buy vettes to enjoy driving them, not to put them in a glass case and admire.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,287 Likes on 13,963 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by jr3
The car is on a truck with a car cover, raised off the ground. Probably not to much will hurt the car... It is a car after all, not an exposed body organ.

The car is not going to melt if a drop of water touches it. It is designed to be driven on the road. Relax and enjoy your car. Sounds like your getting overly stressed.
I have to agree also. What might get in the car should not hurt it and can be easily washed off.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:01 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Originally Posted by #003
DESI plans to drive her new C7 only in good weather and plans to show her car in club functions in the middle Atlantic states. We don't want the under side,engine compartment ,wheel housings,etc. covered with road debris.

Having ordered this car in September and added constraint as they became available,also the build tour,now we are told we can't do MUSUEM DELIVERY because we have a build date 1/13/2013 and pick up our car with our truck
When you ordered this car did you order Museum Delivery? If you didn't you can't go to the plant and pick up your car. Union won't let that happen.

Since your in the middle Atlantic states your car if it is shipped to the dealer will first go on a truck to Ohio and then a train to Philadelphia back on a truck to the dealer.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:43 PM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Larry/car
If the car doesn't meet your expectations, don't except it. It isn't yours until you purchase it. The dealer also has to except the car when the truck unloads the unit. Seems this process is compromised because of the car cover. This cover needs to be removed by the dealer as he inspects the car. I would discuss acceptance procedure with your dealer.
OP is obviously very ****. I'm glad I'm not his salesman.

I have a couple carwashes - the automatics clean the underside of your car as you drive into the bay.

Oh, and it's "accept."

Quick Reply: C7 delivery on open transport trailer