C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New product to protect C7 skid plates!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 11:14 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Location: SacCityCorvette.com in Sacramento Ca Join us on Facebook!
Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12,'13,'15,'16,'17

Default New product to protect C7 skid plates!

Protect those Skid Plates and Lower Radiator Support!
C7 STINGRAY’s front Skid Plates/Lower Radiator Support is vulnerable just like its predecessors the C5 & C6 to getting bumped, scraped and broken. The Fangs have be tested and refined on the C5 and C6 over the last 3 years and have a proven track record of protecting this not only important part, but expensive to replace part. They provide the best possible protection available for the front skid bars on your C7 STINGRAY. Made of a High Impact Superior Performance Plastic, the C7 Fangs are extremely impact resistant and 6 times more abrasion resistant than steel over a wide range of temperatures and installation only takes a few minutes. The Fangs work by allowing the Skid Plates to slide over parking blocks, etc, instead of the soft Aluminum digging in and getting traction causing the Skid Plate/Lower Radiator Support to break. Being only 1/8" thick, there is no noticeable ground clearance loss. Once the Fangs are installed you will have the best protection available. They also keep the Skid Plates looking good. It’s a small price to pay for such good protection!

Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed!
There is NO DRILLING REQUIRED to install your C7 Fangs.

Complete kit only $66.95
http://www.saccitycorvette.com/C7Fangs.html

Fangs help prevent this!

And this!

Fangs will keep them looking like new!

If you like our products, tell others! If not, tell us!

Last edited by SacCityCorvette; 01-14-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:57 AM
Down8
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any installed pics?

-bZj
Old 12-27-2013, 02:44 AM
Virtual Geezer
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 188 Likes on 111 Posts

I had Fangs on my C5 coupe. Easy to install and look 100% OE. GM should install these at the factory!

It looks like the C7 Fangs install with adhesive -- the white zip ties you see in the pic just help hold the black Fang in place until the adhesive cures. Then the zip ties are discarded.
The following users liked this post:
Bunk (12-24-2015)
Old 12-27-2013, 05:43 AM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Down8
Any installed pics?

-bZj
Hi Down8,
No pics on the Stingray, just pics of them mounted on the
Radiator Support/Skid plate.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:46 AM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Virtual Geezer
I had Fangs on my C5 coupe. Easy to install and look 100% OE. GM should install these at the factory!

It looks like the C7 Fangs install with adhesive -- the white zip ties you see in the pic just help hold the black Fang in place until the adhesive cures. Then the zip ties are discarded.
Thanks Virtual Geezer for the good word!

And your correct about the zip ties!

Christian
Old 12-31-2013, 04:43 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Don't wait until you scrape!
Old 01-06-2014, 09:54 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,619 Likes on 6,625 Posts

Originally Posted by Down8
Any installed pics?

-bZj
Just installed yesterday, they look great. Five pages with install info including pictures on this PDF http://www.netwelding.com/Skid_Pad_Protector.pdf

Last edited by JerryU; 05-25-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:01 AM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,222 Likes on 1,580 Posts

[B]C7 STINGRAY’s front Skid Plates/Lower Radiator Support is vulnerable just like its predecessors the C5 & C6 to getting bumped, scraped and broken. The Fangs have be tested and refined on the C5 and C6 over the last 3 years and have a proven track record of protecting this not only important part, but expensive to replace part. They provide the best possible protection available for the front skid bars on your C7 STINGRAY. Made of a High Impact Superior Performance Plastic, the C7 Fangs are extremely impact resistant and 6 times more abrasion resistant than steel over a wide range of temperatures and installation only takes a few minutes. The Fangs work by allowing the Skid Plates to slide over parking blocks, etc, instead of the soft Aluminum digging in and getting traction causing the Skid Plate/Lower Radiator Support to break. Being only 1/8" thick, there is no noticeable ground clearance loss. Once the Fangs are installed you will have the best protection available. They also keep the Skid Plates looking good. It’s a small price to pay for such good protection!

Please tell me what will protect these from getting beat up?
Old 01-06-2014, 10:10 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by robertbrucef
[B]C7 STINGRAY’s front Skid Plates/Lower Radiator Support is vulnerable just like its predecessors the C5 & C6 to getting bumped, scraped and broken. The Fangs have be tested and refined on the C5 and C6 over the last 3 years and have a proven track record of protecting this not only important part, but expensive to replace part. They provide the best possible protection available for the front skid bars on your C7 STINGRAY. Made of a High Impact Superior Performance Plastic, the C7 Fangs are extremely impact resistant and 6 times more abrasion resistant than steel over a wide range of temperatures and installation only takes a few minutes. The Fangs work by allowing the Skid Plates to slide over parking blocks, etc, instead of the soft Aluminum digging in and getting traction causing the Skid Plate/Lower Radiator Support to break. Being only 1/8" thick, there is no noticeable ground clearance loss. Once the Fangs are installed you will have the best protection available. They also keep the Skid Plates looking good. It’s a small price to pay for such good protection!

This HD plastic will be much better resisting dents than the thin aluminum tubing the skid pad is made from. It dents easily. My C6 had scraps soon after I received it, which is why I made some 3/16 inch aluminum straps to cover them. The thought that the plastic will slide versus the aluminum which digs in an dents makes sense to me. They look very good and are black like the painted aluminum.
robertbruce (02-23-2016)
Old 01-07-2014, 07:47 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Hi robertbrucef,

Are you asking what will keep the Fangs from getting beat up or the skid plates? The Fangs will help the skid plates for getting damaged by sliding over things that you might scrape on as Jerry said. Better to slide instead of the aluminum digging in and getting traction. Its better the Fangs get scraped up then the skid plate.

Christian
robertbruce (02-23-2016)
Old 01-07-2014, 07:52 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by JerryU
Just installed yesterday, they look great. Have pics on my web site. netwelding.com/reports_vette_info.htm

Jerry,
Great write up on the C7 Fangs on your website! Very detailed!
Lots of good helpful stuff on your site!

Thanks!
Christian
Old 01-07-2014, 09:55 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SacCityCorvette
Jerry,
Great write up on the C7 Fangs on your website! Very detailed!
Lots of good helpful stuff on your site!

Thanks!
Christian
Thanks, I have fun making the mods and sharing the info. The info obtained from the forums is very helpful and I mention where appropriate. Waiting for vendors to offer for two more mods-skip shift kit and pulsing 3rd brake light. The skip shift is not really a problem, doesn’t happen often but don’t appreciate it when it does! Apparently it is not as easy as in the C6 and prior. Folks on cell phones, talking or texting makes me nervous and the pulsing 3rd brake light just gives some added insurance they’ll see I’m stopping! I’d also add the sequential directional lights like I did on the C6 but since only one light is lit when turning may not be possible.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:54 AM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Thanks for your reply. I was not knocking your product I was asking a legitimate question. I will be ordering a set from you soon.
Hi robertbrucef,
I in no way thought you were knocking our product. Sorry if i came across that way.
I just wanted to be clear on your question.

Thanks
Christian
robertbruce (02-23-2016)
Old 01-08-2014, 01:57 AM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Thanks, I have fun making the mods and sharing the info. The info obtained from the forums is very helpful and I mention where appropriate. Waiting for vendors to offer for two more mods-skip shift kit and pulsing 3rd brake light. The skip shift is not really a problem, doesn’t happen often but don’t appreciate it when it does! Apparently it is not as easy as in the C6 and prior. Folks on cell phones, talking or texting makes me nervous and the pulsing 3rd brake light just gives some added insurance they’ll see I’m stopping! I’d also add the sequential directional lights like I did on the C6 but since only one light is lit when turning may not be possible.

The pulsing 3rd brake light is a good idea, especially since you can stop three times faster them them!
I have one on my C5 zo6, love it cause it looks cool too!

Christian
Old 01-08-2014, 01:58 AM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Hi robertbrucef,

Are you asking what will keep the Fangs from getting beat up or the skid plates? The Fangs will help the skid plates for getting damaged by sliding over things that you might scrape on as Jerry said. Better to slide instead of the aluminum digging in and getting traction. Its better the Fangs get scraped up then the skid plate.

Christian
Thanks for your answer. I was not knocking the product and after reading the positive posts about the Fangs, I think I will buy a set. I am all for protecting the bottom of my c7. I just installed a set of under guards and the Fangs look like the right set up to protect the front.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:39 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Thanks for your answer. I was not knocking the product and after reading the positive posts about the Fangs, I think I will buy a set. I am all for protecting the bottom of my c7. I just installed a set of under guards and the Fangs look like the right set up to protect the front.
Thanks Robert!
Did you read my post above? Post #14

Christian
Old 01-09-2014, 09:38 AM
Buzzardz_vette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Have you tried one of these for the skip-shift issue? http://www.apex-speed.com/apex-motor...ator-8001.html

I ordered one and was hoping you had the install on your website, but I didn't see it. If you try it, let me know so I can check out you install.

Get notified of new replies

To New product to protect C7 skid plates!

Old 01-09-2014, 10:33 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Buzzardz_vette
Have you tried one of these for the skip-shift issue? http://www.apex-speed.com/apex-motor...ator-8001.html

I ordered one and was hoping you had the install on your website, but I didn't see it. If you try it, let me know so I can check out you install.
Appreciate the confidence in my info! I usually document with pics. Called the vendor mentioned and another who is selling the skip-shift kit, then called two vendors who tried what I'll call the C6 and prior approach of using a resistor etc. Both on their web site say it is under study. One said it tripped codes on their first try and they are waiting for their vendor to report it is solved. Folks with Vipers say it has not worked with their transmission (same maker as the c7.) They say it is their computer, I want to be sure that is not the case with the C7. I was told by one vendor, who had tested the simple C6 type, that it had worked for a short time before it tripped a code-for some failures the system waits for a few signals before making it visible.
It should be straight forward install like it was on the C6 from what I see on their web site. Just unplug the connector, which is near the transmission and plug in what is supplied. On the C6 had to use a Nylon tie to be sure the wires didn't hit the exhaust. However there may be some tricks-we'll see.
If you install and it works please post.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:45 AM
Ron's C7
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered my set....looks to a good investment.
Thanks
Old 01-09-2014, 02:10 PM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks Robert!
Did you read my post above? Post #14

Christian
Read your post and ordered a set .Been on a train in Wyo. the last 36 hours and just now read your post.

Quick Reply: New product to protect C7 skid plates!