Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forged wheels look amazing on the C7

Old 11-02-2018, 07:48 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Forgeline Carbon Forged - Back in Action!

Forgeline Carbon+Forged wheels combine weight-optimized CNC-machined forged aluminum centers with revolutionary proprietary carbon fiber barrels to deliver the ultimate in technological advancement, exclusive styling, and unparalleled lightweight performance. If you appreciate the world's most advanced wheel technology, want to stand apart from the crowd with unique styling & finish options, and have the means to afford the very finest, then our made-to-order Carbon+Forged wheels are quite literally created just for you. They are available in 20 and 21-inch fitments, each uniquely engineered for modern exotic sport and luxury vehicle applications.

CF201 CF203 CF204 CF205

After a brief haitus, Forgeline is back in action with Dymag to reintroduce their Carbon Forged Series!

Dayton, Ohio’s Forgeline Motorsports and Wiltshire, England’s Dymag Performance Wheels have chosen the 2018 SEMA Show to announce their new joint partnership. Effective immediately, Forgeline and Dymag will be joining forces to continue the success of Forgeline’s revolutionary Carbon+Forged wheel series.

Forgeline Carbon+Forged wheels combine weight-optimized CNC-machined forged aluminum centers with revolutionary proprietary carbon fiber barrels to deliver the ultimate in technological advancement, exclusive styling, and unparalleled lightweight performance. Forgeline first launched their Carbon+Forged Series at the 2016 SEMA Show, where it earned a Global Media Award as a product that has mass appeal to a global audience. Since then, Forgeline has continued to expand the series, now offering at least 4 separate models.

Under the new partnership, Dymag will manufacture and supply their time-tested carbon fiber wheel barrels, and Forgeline will continue to engineer and precision-machine custom made-to-order wheel centers from 6061-T6 forged aluminum. Dymag’s unique flange design (developed in collaboration with the engineering team at Forgeline) allows these separate parts of the Carbon+Forged Series wheels to bolt together to create one incredibly strong, incredibly lightweight, and incredibly unique wheel that is individually engineered, machined, and finished for each customer and each unique vehicle application.

“Our partnership with Dymag is natural fit,” says Forgeline president Dave Schardt. “Both companies have a long history of innovation, technological advancement, and a deep passion for Motorsport. The engineering that goes into the testing and production of these wheels is very complex, and It has been a pleasure working with the Dymag team and merging our respective capabilities. We look forward to using their flanged style carbon fiber barrels and for the opportunity to employ their technology into our growing line of Carbon+Forged hybrid material wheels.”

“Dymag has led the industry in carbon wheel technology for over 20 years, launching the first commercial carbon moto wheel in 1996 and the first carbon hybrid auto wheel in 2004. We are delighted that Forgeline is now partnering with us to utilize our carbon technology,” said Chris Shelley, CEO of Dymag.

Old 11-04-2018, 03:14 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default 360Forged Spec5 in 20/21" - C7 Z06

Wheels: 360Forged - Spec 5, three piece
Sizes: 20x10, 21x12.5"
Finish: Brushed Titanium Face, Exposed Hardware, Chrome Lips
Tires: Pirelli P Zero Nero GT 295/25r20, 375/20r21

WEAPON-X: Carbon Fiber Aero Kit
Akrapovic Exhaust

Welp, I have to say we knocked this one out of the park... and across the street! Darryl has been a great long time client of mine, having had a CTS V prior so we started out with some lowering bolts, wheel spacers, and our WEAPON-X carbon fiber aero kit. The car was already a real success on here from this previous thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...bon-fiber.html

Next up was a set of wheels that would set off the chameleon-like Tiger Shark Gray paint. Darryl wanted to keep them light and not do black with the TSG. So, we looked at some wheel choices and he decided to go with the 360Forged Spec5s with the Titanium brushed face with exposed hardware and a chrome lip. The size was my infamous 20x10 and 21x12.5" setup on the Pirelli P Zero Nero 295/25r20s and 375/20r21s. The result was nothing short of spectacular!

Last edited by Ben@WeaponX; 11-04-2018 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:33 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default Great day in the world of wheels! :)

Good day in the world of wheels!

Mark from OH after our new WEAPON-X: VIRALs in 19/20"!

Brian from KY after the Forgeline VX1Rs

Erik from Sweden in on the Forgeline GA3Rs

Tom from VA after the HRE RC104s

Old 11-06-2018, 09:19 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default HRE R101 Light Weight Wheels on a C7 ZR1!

The HRE R101 Lightweight Wheel... evolved from their infamous P101, featured on this beautiful red C7 ZR1!

Old 11-28-2018, 08:38 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Reminder!* Through the end of the month, ALL FORGELINE and WHIPPLE Sales are entered into our Black Friday drawings with over $16,000 in prizes including Forgeline custom wheels, a Whipple Supercharger, Chiller, Aero, Fuel Kit, Heat Exchangers, and more!Not only will you get our best price out of the gate, but you could take them home for free!!!Drawing is a week from Friday!
Old 11-30-2018, 09:38 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Last day to get in it to win it! But you still get our same best pricing year round, and we are not beat, on the track or off
Old 12-01-2018, 02:43 PM
orca1946
Le Mans Master

Received 453 Likes on 340 Posts

Hi I have a 2019 GS with OEM wheels in 19 & 20. Is it a good idea to look into 20" front & rears? orca1946@hotmail.com
The following users liked this post:
Ben@WeaponX (12-01-2018)
Old 12-13-2018, 10:38 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default Christmas Deals!!

Who else is ready for some great Christmas deals?!

Brian's black chrome AR1s shipped out in a complete package with the MPSS tires and TPMS!
FORGELINE: AR1 MONOBLOCK WHEELS

CALL FOR BEST PRICING - WE ARE A MASTER DISTRIBUTOR AND WON'T BE BEAT!!! The AR1 is an exciting evolution...

and Brice's GS1R drag setup shipped out in a complete package with our WEAPON-X dragster kit:
WEAPON-X: DRAGSTER KIT [C7 C6 CORVETTE, STINGRAY, GRAND SPORT, Z06, ZR1]
WEAPON-X: DRAGSTER KIT [C7 C6 CORVETTE, STINGRAY, GRAND SPORT, Z06, ZR1]

Pics coming soon...

Old 12-14-2018, 07:26 PM
GrandSport223
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 70 Posts

Hi Ben.
Can you get a concave style wheel like this?

Originally Posted by Ben@WeaponX
For those of you who don't know me, my name is Ben and I own WEAPON-X Motorsports. While we make and sell a lot of products, I have done THOUSANDS of wheels since 2010 for customers all over the world and have the lowest prices on the planet! I will give you my BEST quote up front on what you requested as well as some other options that you might like as well! I'm not the carpet salesman type who will give you my best price till someone else offers you something less and then all of a sudden find a little more savings for you trying to secure the deal. I have been a car enthusiast from the time I could walk, handed down from my father's love for Chevrolet and Corvettes and eventually a custom wheel fanatic and can recall 25 years ago flipping through SuperStreet Magazine, drooling over a set of twin spoke Momo monoblock wheels for months that I wanted so bad for my Stealth Twin Turbo. Ya know what, I never did get those wheels haha, but it's no surprise that I grew up a big kid and both of these loves have continued. It's not uncommon for me to have 3-4 sets of wheels for a car and go through them regularly. Now some of these are for street, track, and drag strip, but I do frequently change up the look too.

Now, I do have my own little boutique American made wheel line WEAPON-X Forged and it's no secret, that I have quite a few favorite brands like Forgeline, 360Forged, ANRKY, HRE, PUR, Strasse, Lite Speed, etc; however, I can get you any wheel you want! We offer wheels only or complete wheel and tire packages. Why should you want to consider a complete wheel/tire package? I always try to operate by removing steps and keeping it as simple as possible because with 4 businesses, 6 dogs, a lovely verrry supportive wife (tolerating all of my toys LOL), a sweet little 4yo and 2yo terror; my life is too busy as it is. So, why would you want to deal with hauling around wheels and trusting a tech making $15-20 bucks an hour at a tire store to mount your several thousand dollar forged wheels? Very few places have the touchless tire mounters like we have. One mistake and the lip is messed up, or the face is scuffed from not having fresh gaskets on the balancer cup. I always cringed (and have paid the price in the past) watching tires get mounted on custom wheels which is why I spent $15k on a Corghi, the same touchless tire mounting machine that Forgeline has (thanks for the recommendation Steve) as well as on the floor of nearly every major exotic car manufacturer and the Hunter Road Force Balancer! When you have the wheel manufacturer put the tires on, you remove that trip taking your new wheels somewhere to get tires mounted and either hauling them back or hauling the OEM wheels/tires back. You simply receive and inspect them at your house (before signing for them) and you can bolt them on in your driveway ready to roll! If the manufacturer happens to make the mistake, the wheels are there in their possession to refinish and mount to get to you. In addition, you get the tire setup you need as well, not what that specific tire store has.

NOW, here comes the big question - why should you buy wheels from me? Simple! Anyone can just chop money off of an MSRP and brag about saving you $X amount of money, but my focus is on your overall experience, from start to finish making sure you know ALL of your available options and you get exactly what you need for your intended usage. I'm an engineer by degree and spec my own offsets unless you have your own, or we can defer to the manufacturers' offsets whom I have a phenomenal relationships with, which always helps get you what you want, when you want it. But, most importantly, I have the firsthand experience because I've tested out these fitments on my own cars, so I know what works and what doesn't. My goal is to make sure you end up with what you need, not what someone was trying to sell you. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not going to try to steer you towards something else, if you're an "I know exactly what I want/need kind of guy" and this isn't your first rodeo, then great, but unless you spend your life around this, odds are I can show you something you might not have seen yet!

The WEAPON-X Wheel Experience:
You need to be asked all of the right questions to ensure you get not just the style you're after, but also the size, finish, tires and fitment!

1. Wheel Style: I find out what wheels you like so I can make some other suggestions based on that style that you MIGHT like (so you don't end up with buyers remorse two months later), and if we end up back where we started, that's just fine. I frequently find that guys who reach out to me for wheels end up thanking me later for showing them a couple of other models they ended up liking even more.
Example: Juan's C7 ZR1 below on Forgeline EX1s! He was originally inquiring about one of their older designs and when I showed him this newer release, he was all over it and ecstatic for the recommendation!

2. Buyer's Needs: Next, we will discuss your order of importance, so you need to prioritize:
a - Looks
b - Performance/Weight
c - Cost
Example: For me, my street wheels go in this exact order. My race wheels would be Performance/Weight, Cost, and Styling. Everyone is different obviously, so you tell me how to help!

3. Intended Use: What do you plan to use these wheels for?
a - Street - summer only or year round?
b - Street/Occasional Track
c - Street/Occasional Drag/Roll Racing
d - Dedicated Track Racing
e - Dedicated Drag Racing
Example: Since I have a few sets of wheels, I focus on a, d, or e. But guys who don't want to keep swapping wheels or spend too much money, might be looking more closely at b or c.

4. Tires - Tires dictate wheel widths! This is one of the most overlooked questions, because this will dictate quite a few things, but mostly the width you should be running. If you "think" you want a 12" wide wheel, but the tire choice you're after is only a 305, you're going to end up with a stretched look if it is in spec, or buying new tires if it's not in spec. This is why we offer complete bolt on packages as well. You get the wheels, with tires mounted so you don't have to worry about them getting scratched during mounting, and you get the correct TPMS inside so you're not driving around with a light on your dash and that feeling in your stomach you're going to have to do it all over again since they put the wrong frequency in there.
Example: Some tires are summer only and maybe you drive year round and should be looking at an all season? Or you are doing a larger 21" wheel, there are very few options wider than a 325 unless you do the Pirelli 355 Lambo tire, which is 28" tall.

5. Recommended Sizes: A lot of the factors from #s 2-4 come into play herewith this, because you might LIKE the look of stock sized wheels; however, if you're racing, you need smaller diameter wheels, not just for performance, but also things the novice might not consider such as replacement tire costs, which are cheaper for smaller diameter wheels, even in racing tires. So, I will discuss the benefits of recommended:
a - Diameters - intended use vs. aesthetics
b - Widths - narrower up front for drag, wider up front for track, user call for street unless there will be some crossover
c - Offsets - if not racing, are you a stock offset kind of guy, a flush face kind of guy, or a max offset/max concavity kind of guy? Personally, I strive to have the top of the tire flush with the fender lip above it AFTER proper alignment! Stock wheels are often sunken in 6-8mm.
Example: Not to bring up Juan's ZR1 again, but he got a set of ADV1s for his previous Z06 from a popular wheel dealer around here who didn't cater to his needs, just did their typical offsets. What he got were wheels that stuck out of the wheel well and while he loved the style of wheel, he was NOT happy with the fitment at all and constantly complained of the rock chips thrown up the side of his Z, which was worse than they're notoriously known for from stock. It turned him off so much, that he wanted the stock ZR1 offsets (which were sunken in) due to his fears of being too aggressive. I took a couple dozen different pics of the offsets of my Forgeline VX1Rs on my ZR1 and had to reconvince him to trust me and do a few mm further out to flush the faces properly, because that's the look he wanted and ultimately exactly what I delivered!

From here, you will get my best quote up front and I will keep you abreast along the way until your wheels are on the way!

White C7 on Forgeline RB1s! Let me know if any of you guys want a set. They're working on a satin set for my C7 now!

Old 12-14-2018, 11:39 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

I sure can, PM coming your way?

Originally Posted by GrandSport223
Hi Ben.
Can you get a concave style wheel like this?

Old 12-25-2018, 10:31 AM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Merry Christmas to all! Our Super Year End Sale starts tomorrow with the grand prize being a trip to Vegas! Check out the blog on our website for details!
Old 01-12-2019, 10:49 AM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Some of our new carbon debuting on the ZR1

Old 01-14-2019, 04:29 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default WEAPON-X Forged: WEBx5 Duoblock forged wheel with Pirelli 305/375 tires

This was a set I designed for my personal car that I had refinished in Gloss Piano Black! Only a couple thousand miles on this set and are for sale immediately! New this set was approx $12,000 total. Will sell for $7,999 shipped!

WEAPON-X Forged: WEBx5 2 Piece Forged wheels finished in Piano Gloss Black
Fronts are 20x10.5, Rears are 21x13"
Pirelli P Zero Nero GT - 305/25r20, 375/20r21

Old 01-16-2019, 08:58 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default WEAPON-X Forged: SPECx10

I have another set of WXM Forged SPECx10 wheels wrapping up in carbon fiber centers with transparent red lips in a Z06 fitment! Looking forward to seeing these on the car

The last set I did was on my VR4 project car, grew up in one of these back in college... fond memories with this one. Found her with just 20k miles on it, single turbo upgrade, built 3.1L engine, the whole 9 making 1000whp with a Precision 7276! It's about to return home from getting the widebody kit to tuck the SPECx10s. The 1999 was one of 277 ever made and I'd bet there are less than 25% of them that didn't end up parted out.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:36 AM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Lots of wheels rolling out lately and every wheel sale counts towards our tax sales drawing!!

Josh Meyers with GA3Rs for his C7Z06
Chris McCrae with GA3Rs for his ZL1 1LE
Sal Taibi with GS1Rs for his C7Z06

and coming up soon will be pics of a ZR1 on GA3Rs!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Forged wheels look amazing on the C7