Sponsored by:

Forged wheels look amazing on the C7

Old 01-19-2014, 11:26 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Forged wheels look amazing on the C7

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Ben and I own WEAPON-X Motorsports. While we make and sell a lot of products, I have done THOUSANDS of wheels since 2010 for customers all over the world and have the lowest prices on the planet! I will give you my BEST quote up front on what you requested as well as some other options that you might like as well! I'm not the carpet salesman type who will give you my best price till someone else offers you something less and then all of a sudden find a little more savings for you trying to secure the deal. I have been a car enthusiast from the time I could walk, handed down from my father's love for Chevrolet and Corvettes and eventually a custom wheel fanatic and can recall 25 years ago flipping through SuperStreet Magazine, drooling over a set of twin spoke Momo monoblock wheels for months that I wanted so bad for my Stealth Twin Turbo. Ya know what, I never did get those wheels haha, but it's no surprise that I grew up a big kid and both of these loves have continued. It's not uncommon for me to have 3-4 sets of wheels for a car and go through them regularly. Now some of these are for street, track, and drag strip, but I do frequently change up the look too.

Now, I do have my own little boutique American made wheel line WEAPON-X Forged and it's no secret, that I have quite a few favorite brands like Forgeline, 360Forged, ANRKY, HRE, PUR, Strasse, Lite Speed, etc; however, I can get you any wheel you want! We offer wheels only or complete wheel and tire packages. Why should you want to consider a complete wheel/tire package? I always try to operate by removing steps and keeping it as simple as possible because with 4 businesses, 6 dogs, a lovely verrry supportive wife (tolerating all of my toys LOL), a sweet little 4yo and 2yo terror; my life is too busy as it is. So, why would you want to deal with hauling around wheels and trusting a tech making $15-20 bucks an hour at a tire store to mount your several thousand dollar forged wheels? Very few places have the touchless tire mounters like we have. One mistake and the lip is messed up, or the face is scuffed from not having fresh gaskets on the balancer cup. I always cringed (and have paid the price in the past) watching tires get mounted on custom wheels which is why I spent $15k on a Corghi, the same touchless tire mounting machine that Forgeline has (thanks for the recommendation Steve) as well as on the floor of nearly every major exotic car manufacturer and the Hunter Road Force Balancer! When you have the wheel manufacturer put the tires on, you remove that trip taking your new wheels somewhere to get tires mounted and either hauling them back or hauling the OEM wheels/tires back. You simply receive and inspect them at your house (before signing for them) and you can bolt them on in your driveway ready to roll! If the manufacturer happens to make the mistake, the wheels are there in their possession to refinish and mount to get to you. In addition, you get the tire setup you need as well, not what that specific tire store has.

NOW, here comes the big question - why should you buy wheels from me? Simple! Anyone can just chop money off of an MSRP and brag about saving you $X amount of money, but my focus is on your overall experience, from start to finish making sure you know ALL of your available options and you get exactly what you need for your intended usage. I'm an engineer by degree and spec my own offsets unless you have your own, or we can defer to the manufacturers' offsets whom I have a phenomenal relationships with, which always helps get you what you want, when you want it. But, most importantly, I have the firsthand experience because I've tested out these fitments on my own cars, so I know what works and what doesn't. My goal is to make sure you end up with what you need, not what someone was trying to sell you. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not going to try to steer you towards something else, if you're an "I know exactly what I want/need kind of guy" and this isn't your first rodeo, then great, but unless you spend your life around this, odds are I can show you something you might not have seen yet!

The WEAPON-X Wheel Experience:
You need to be asked all of the right questions to ensure you get not just the style you're after, but also the size, finish, tires and fitment!

1. Wheel Style: I find out what wheels you like so I can make some other suggestions based on that style that you MIGHT like (so you don't end up with buyers remorse two months later), and if we end up back where we started, that's just fine. I frequently find that guys who reach out to me for wheels end up thanking me later for showing them a couple of other models they ended up liking even more.
Example: Juan's C7 ZR1 below on Forgeline EX1s! He was originally inquiring about one of their older designs and when I showed him this newer release, he was all over it and ecstatic for the recommendation!

2. Buyer's Needs: Next, we will discuss your order of importance, so you need to prioritize:
a - Looks
b - Performance/Weight
c - Cost
Example: For me, my street wheels go in this exact order. My race wheels would be Performance/Weight, Cost, and Styling. Everyone is different obviously, so you tell me how to help!

3. Intended Use: What do you plan to use these wheels for?
a - Street - summer only or year round?
b - Street/Occasional Track
c - Street/Occasional Drag/Roll Racing
d - Dedicated Track Racing
e - Dedicated Drag Racing
Example: Since I have a few sets of wheels, I focus on a, d, or e. But guys who don't want to keep swapping wheels or spend too much money, might be looking more closely at b or c.

4. Tires - Tires dictate wheel widths! This is one of the most overlooked questions, because this will dictate quite a few things, but mostly the width you should be running. If you "think" you want a 12" wide wheel, but the tire choice you're after is only a 305, you're going to end up with a stretched look if it is in spec, or buying new tires if it's not in spec. This is why we offer complete bolt on packages as well. You get the wheels, with tires mounted so you don't have to worry about them getting scratched during mounting, and you get the correct TPMS inside so you're not driving around with a light on your dash and that feeling in your stomach you're going to have to do it all over again since they put the wrong frequency in there.
Example: Some tires are summer only and maybe you drive year round and should be looking at an all season? Or you are doing a larger 21" wheel, there are very few options wider than a 325 unless you do the Pirelli 355 Lambo tire, which is 28" tall.

5. Recommended Sizes: A lot of the factors from #s 2-4 come into play herewith this, because you might LIKE the look of stock sized wheels; however, if you're racing, you need smaller diameter wheels, not just for performance, but also things the novice might not consider such as replacement tire costs, which are cheaper for smaller diameter wheels, even in racing tires. So, I will discuss the benefits of recommended:
a - Diameters - intended use vs. aesthetics
b - Widths - narrower up front for drag, wider up front for track, user call for street unless there will be some crossover
c - Offsets - if not racing, are you a stock offset kind of guy, a flush face kind of guy, or a max offset/max concavity kind of guy? Personally, I strive to have the top of the tire flush with the fender lip above it AFTER proper alignment! Stock wheels are often sunken in 6-8mm.
Example: Not to bring up Juan's ZR1 again, but he got a set of ADV1s for his previous Z06 from a popular wheel dealer around here who didn't cater to his needs, just did their typical offsets. What he got were wheels that stuck out of the wheel well and while he loved the style of wheel, he was NOT happy with the fitment at all and constantly complained of the rock chips thrown up the side of his Z, which was worse than they're notoriously known for from stock. It turned him off so much, that he wanted the stock ZR1 offsets (which were sunken in) due to his fears of being too aggressive. I took a couple dozen different pics of the offsets of my Forgeline VX1Rs on my ZR1 and had to reconvince him to trust me and do a few mm further out to flush the faces properly, because that's the look he wanted and ultimately exactly what I delivered!

From here, you will get my best quote up front and I will keep you abreast along the way until your wheels are on the way!

White C7 on Forgeline RB1s! Let me know if any of you guys want a set. They're working on a satin set for my C7 now!

Last edited by Ben@WeaponX; 10-16-2018 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:44 AM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Three quotes out the door already this morning, let me know if any more of you guys are interested. Here are some more pics on some CTS Vs we did as well. I realize even the coupe isn't as sleek as our C7s, but you get the idea. You can see they do not get crazy aggressive with offsets that stick out of the fenders. The coupes have a nice 325 on the back and look great!

Kevin's awesome GA3s 19x12s with 325 rears!!

Alex's 20x9 and x11 VX3Cs that will be in all satin black going on a black diamond sedan with a full CF V Power hood

Just took the order for Pat's SC3Cs in 19x9.5 x12 with the gunmetal face and gloss black lip to match the V coupe. - I love this look and have been looking forward to seeing it on the right V

[/QUOTE]

Here's a set on a black coupe with light weight Racing Brake rotors!

and a '14 wagon!

Old 01-26-2014, 12:29 AM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Another set of Forgelines went in this week... don't miss out on yours! Only about 3-4 week lead time and can easily work out payment plans
Old 01-30-2014, 11:14 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

my c7's Forgeline's are shipping tomorrow... I have one more set in the works for another guy and hopefully they'll be on the car next month. Let me know if you want a quote! I'll have some pics of Forgeline's 21" rear 3pc up tomorrow too!
Old 02-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

OK, or a week from then... hopefully have them tomorrow on a 21" Forgeline rear!
Old 02-04-2014, 08:30 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 249 Posts

Good luck Ben - they look awesome
Old 02-04-2014, 08:38 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

These are HOT! What finishes are they available in? Also, do you have a full, straight side view shot that you can post?

Thx.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Thx here are the first 21" shots!

Old 02-04-2014, 10:31 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by mpuzach
These are HOT! What finishes are they available in? Also, do you have a full, straight side view shot that you can post?

Thx.

Those are the newest ones and they are beautiful indeed! You get get about any finish you could want! Shoot me an email or pm for a quote. I'm a top tier dealer with them and can't say enough about their fit/finish and quality!

Old 02-05-2014, 11:35 PM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

Nice wheels. But, not very "lippy" for the size.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:58 AM
jr9170
Race Director

Received 1,069 Likes on 755 Posts

Love the V coupe...
Old 02-06-2014, 04:42 AM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

Those silver wheels on the 4 door sedans really look nice with concave feature. Not a fan of black wheels.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:49 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Will they take more tire without sticking out beyond the fender?
Old 02-06-2014, 08:38 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,096 Likes on 808 Posts

Some really great looking wheels
Old 03-24-2014, 03:50 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

get an order in today to get your wheels in time for spring!
Old 04-22-2014, 12:19 AM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Done 4 sets of Forgelines on C7s the past few weeks. We can do anything from 18-21" setups from x6" to x12" wide! PM or email me for a quote!
Old 04-22-2014, 01:17 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this car was made for upgraded wheels. maybe we could see some pics. maybe an online web site?

Last edited by thedofuss; 05-16-2014 at 02:18 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Forged wheels look amazing on the C7

Old 04-22-2014, 01:32 AM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by thedofuss
this car was made for upgraded tires. maybe we could see some pics. maybe an online web site?
sure, any brand specifically? what do you like from the above?
Old 04-24-2014, 02:17 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Forgeline's first C7 in a 20/21"

Old 05-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

I have the best Forgeline pricing out there! Did two more sets for C7s this month already! I have a set on my CTS V and a set of on my C7 and they're TOP NOTCH wheels.

We can do:
18x6, 18x11 drag pack
18x10 square set up track pack
18x9.5, 19x11.5 street for 325 rears
19x9.5, 20x11.5 street for 325 rears
19x9.5, 20x12 street for 345 rears
20x9.5, 21x12.5 street for 375 rears - yes I have proper offset, I have 375s on mine

Feel free to PM for a best price

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Forged wheels look amazing on the C7